What a way to live

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

What a way to live

Post by Demosthenes »

well this morning i was awakened by somebody banging the door practically down. it was 9am and i was doing good to sleep this late as i have had insomnia since i came home. it was the irs handing me a collection or levy notice and telling me they took my last $30 out of my bank account.
interestingly enough, the only folks who know where i am at is the fbi agent and probation officer as i am staying at a friends house whom is also a rabbi. i dont get mail here etc. so i am wndering how this affects my section 8, medicaid, and ss disability hearing which is tomorrow.
i wonder if the banging on the door- (these things are usually done via certified mail) is to aggravate the folks i am staying with so i cannot be here anymore? the address listed on the paperwork is my friends address, which is temporary, so does this mean they will come back and raid this home? just to cause problems with my being here- would they haul off my friends belongings?
i have helped many folks with irs stuff, this is so out of the norm for irs that i am wondering whats really going on? i just got the money in december.
the irs is usually slow with these things, so i know the source of the fast paperwork from them!
Demo.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Re: What a way to live

Post by jkeeb »

so i am wndering how this affects my section 8, medicaid, and ss disability hearing which is tomorrow.
Unfortunately, an IRS lien and levy will not affect the above. Doesn't help though.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

So the IRS is sending out field agents to knock on doors to inform people who aren't at their last-known-address that their bank account has been levied?

This one doesn't pass the smell test.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Agent Observer

Post by Agent Observer »

i have helped many folks with irs stuff, this is so out of the norm for irs that i am wondering whats really going on?
Heh.. Yea, Mr. Winner, I bet that's working out very well for them considering your own situation:
it was the irs handing me a collection or levy notice and telling me they took my last $30 out of my bank account.
the only folks who know where i am at is the fbi agent and probation officer
Gee, where can I find an ex-con who doesn't even have his own residence to do my taxes?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Well if you get Section 8 you might be able to get your case thrown out on the grounds that you weren't responsable for your actions. Still have to pay the taxes, though.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:So the IRS is sending out field agents to knock on doors to inform people who aren't at their last-known-address that their bank account has been levied?

This one doesn't pass the smell test.
It is possible that this could have happened, depending on how much is owed by the taxpayer, and other factors involved in the investigation of the case. But I agree that it is not very probable that it did happen.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
mutter

Post by mutter »

where is that from demo?
Is it irony this one? "I ve helped many people with IRS problems" :shock:
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

grixit wrote:Well if you get Section 8 you might be able to get your case thrown out on the grounds that you weren't responsable for your actions. Still have to pay the taxes, though.
Section 8 is HUD Housing.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grixit

Post by grixit »

Oh.

Isn't that a federal privilege?

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

grixit wrote:Oh.

you would think, but according to CTC logic, it's not a federal connection because it's administered by the state, once you sign the lease the apartment is your "private' residence, and besides it's in one of the 50 states, which is not the same as the UNITED STATES (in all caps).
And besides, if you live in Section housing, just how much income tax can you be paying anyhow? I think the cutoff for section 8 is 150% of Federal Poverty Level, which for a single person is what, $16,000?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

grixit wrote:Oh.

It's a federal program. But, IIRC, the feds contract it through the housing authority in each state and the state is the one that issues the checks.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Kind of makes me wonder if they withhold from Welfare checks?
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

mutter wrote:where is that from demo?
Same place as this one.

Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:34 PM
Subject: [RedemptionByMethod] I got a warrant. Please reply privately

My boss stepped to me and informed me that he seen a bench warrant for me in the paper today. Hell of a way to find stuff like that out. So I left early to go to the IRS office and get some 99-A's and OID's for 2009, but they aren't yet available. I have a good game plan and will begin drafting my docs as right after this posting. I just have a few questions that I would like to ask this forum before I get busy. TYIA
1. The charge is FTA to a hearing that was issued via the Clerks Collection office by way of an unsigned/unnamed/non-summons letter I received at the end of 2008. The fines/restitution/costs are roughly 4,400.00, but that all stemmed from my felony one conviction for which I served a 10 year prison sentence. I plan to issue a letter to the financing dept for the court estimating the charge to be roughly 40M, and asking for a rebuttle via a penal sum certain accounting staement that evidences otherwise. Am I in error trying to deal with the whole issue, or should I just deal with the issue at hand and settle the much larger one after I gain more knowledge about it all, and more importantly, my behind out of the crockpot?
2. Can I use 2008 1099-A's for this issue in 09, or is the fact that it stemmed from 08 make that the current tax year to be addressed?
3. I still haven't gotten my UCC-1 recorded in my state yet. I only did Washington online as per RDM4. Will this cause problem? It will be taken care of come weeks end, but if I get pulled over before that, the jig is up.
4. Do I need to get my POA, HHIA, SA, or CLC recorded before I go down there? Keep in mind that it is the clerks office forcing the issue (bringing the claim). I know if I go down myself, they'll stall me and quietly call the fuzz and have me arrested on sight.
5. If the above is answered yes, will a True & Correct Copy (T&CC) suffice for recording? I never wish to part with the originals.
6. When I AFV the unsigned/un-named instrument, do I keep the originals and send out T&CC's to the DOL in Wa for assignment thereof, or do I need to file that in my state @ $84 a shot?
7. And I think finally, which part(s) of my process requires Registed Mailing, Notarization, and/or Notary Presentment? My budget is very tight right now, and am even on the verge of being laid off.
Demo.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

2. Can I use 2008 1099-A's for this issue in 09, or is the fact that it stemmed from 08 make that the current tax year to be addressed?
By all means, this is guaranteed to work just as well as the 2009's. And of course, you do want to get them issued first thing just to get things smoking early.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

They have a website for retarded felons facing unemployement and UCC Filing problems?

Who'd eh thunk it
grixit

Post by grixit »

They publish warrents in the paper?

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Where did this letter come from??

I would guess, since this guy admits he is not at his reported address but is crashing with friends, the IRS sent the levy notice in person to make sure that it was positively received, and that's the extent of the intrusion. Knocking on the door at 9 AM does not seem an unreasonable hour.

This fellow seems to be in all kinds of trouble -- creditors, no assets, on probation, of interest to the FBI, qualified for section 8 housing, etc. -- and yet this guy says he's helped other people fight the IRS. Only now that the IRS is vexing him he's all panicky. He has no money and yet he's in tax trouble; he's clearly made some bad decisions.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Another piece of flotsam and jetsam on the 'net:
RedemptionByMethod
Description
This is to discuss how the Internal Revenue Service is in fact a part of the banking industry and how escrow is part of the equation relative to the redemption process of one's creditor account with the United States of America Incorporated. This group focuses on redeeming your treasury offset account via the IRS and would include the immediate dissolution of court cases, foreclosures and other vehicles relative to the fraud of the system. For your perusal and information in the coming market volatility. Respectfully, all views will be taken into account and considered democratically. Moderation is very limited except in the instance of overt insult where the presence of this is by purpose. We are all able to govern ourselves as men and women should.
If this Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RedemptionByMethod/
is them, be prepared to cover your keyboards should you elect to waste the time and keystrokes to join.
The Devil Makes Three
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

grixit wrote:They publish warrents in the paper?
No, but 'round here, warrants will fill in some space from time to time.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:If this Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RedemptionByMethod/
is them, be prepared to cover your keyboards should you elect to waste the time and keystrokes to join.
That's the place. It's totally worth joining it just to watch the Moors and Christians duking it out right now.
Demo.