Ed and Elaine's Indictment has been unsealed

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Ed and Elaine's Indictment has been unsealed

Post by Demosthenes »

More to follow...
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: Ed and Elaine's Indictment has been unsealed

Post by Dezcad »

I'm waiting with bated breath.....
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

U.S. District Court
District of New Hampshire (Concord)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:09-cr-00030-GZS All Defendants

Case title: USA v. Brown et al
Date Filed: 01/21/2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assigned to: Judge George Z. Singal

Defendant (1)
Edward Brown

Pending Counts
Disposition
18 U.S.C § 372 - Conspiracy to Prevent Officers of the United States from Discharging Their Duties
(1)
18 U.S.C. §§ 371 and 111(a)(1)&(b)- Conspiracy to Commit Offense Against the United States
(2)
18 U.S.C. §§ 924(c)(1)(A)(i)&(ii)& 924(c)(1)(B)(ii) and § 921(a)(3)&(4) and § 2- Carrying and Possessing a Firearm in Connection with a Crime of Violence
(3)
18 U.S.C §§ 922(g)(1) and 924(a)(2)- Felon in Possession
(5)
18 U.S.C § 1503- Obstruction of Justice
(7)
18 U.S.C. § 3146(a)(1)&(b)(1)(A)(ii)- Failure to Appear for Trial
(9)
18 U.S.C. § 3146(a)(1)&(b)(1)(A)(ii)- Failure to Appear for Sentencing
(10)

Highest Offense Level (Opening)
Felony

Terminated Counts
Disposition
None

Highest Offense Level (Terminated)
None

Complaints
Disposition
None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assigned to: Judge George Z. Singal

Defendant (2)
Elaine Brown

Pending Counts
Disposition
18 U.S.C § 372 - Conspiracy to Prevent Officers of the United States from Discharging Their Duties
(1)
18 U.S.C. §§ 371 and 111(a)(1)&(b)- Conspiracy to Commit Offense Against the United States
(2)
18 U.S.C. §§ 924(c)(1)(A)(i)&(ii) and 924(c)(1)(B)(ii) and § 921(a)(3)&(4) and § 2 - Carrying and Possessing a Firearm in Connection with a Crime of Violence
(4)
18 U.S.C §§ 922(g)(1) and 924(a)(2)- Felon in Possession
(6)
18 U.S.C § 1503- Obstruction of Justice
(8)
18 U.S.C. § 3146(a)(1)&(b)(1)(A)(ii)- Failure to Appear for Sentencing
(11)

Highest Offense Level (Opening)
Felony

Terminated Counts
Disposition
None

Highest Offense Level (Terminated)
None

Complaints
Disposition
None

Plaintiff
USA represented by Arnold H. Huftalen
US Attorney's Office (NH)
53 Pleasant St, 4th Flr
Concord , NH 03301-0001
603 230-2518
Fax: 603 225-1470
LEAD ATTORNEY
ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED

Date Filed # Docket Text
01/21/2009 1 SEALED INDICTMENT as to Edward Brown (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, Elaine Brown (2) count(s) 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11. NOTICE OF CRIMINAL FIREARMS FORFEITURE. Original document available in clerks office.(vln) Modified on 2/10/2009 to add: NOTICE OF CRIMINAL FIREARMS FORFEITURE. (dae). (Entered: 01/22/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_1.pdf

01/21/2009 3 MOTION to Seal Case at Level I until defendants are arraigned by USA as to Edward Brown, Elaine Brown. (vln) Modified on 2/10/2009 to add: are arraigned and take out "taken into custody" (dae). (Entered: 01/22/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_3.pdf

01/21/2009 ENDORSED ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case at Level I as to Edward Brown (1), Elaine Brown (2). Text of Order: Granted. So Ordered by Judge Joseph A. DiClerico, Jr. (vln) (Entered: 01/22/2009)

01/21/2009 4 Praecipe for Warrant by USA as to Edward Brown. (vln) (Entered: 01/22/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_4.pdf

01/21/2009 5 Praecipe for Warrant by USA as to Elaine Brown. (vln) (Entered: 01/22/2009)
01/21/2009 Arrest Warrant Issued as to Edward Brown, Elaine Brown. Original warrant and copies to US Marshal and US Probation. (vln) (Entered: 01/22/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_5.pdf

01/28/2009 6 ORDER OF RECUSAL as to Edward Brown, Elaine Brown. Judge Paul J. Barbadoro recused. So Ordered by Judge Paul J. Barbadoro. (vln) (Entered: 01/29/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_6.pdf

02/02/2009 7 ORDER OF RECUSAL as to Edward Brown, Elaine Brown. Chief Judge Steven J. McAuliffe recused. So Ordered by Chief Judge Steven J. McAuliffe. (vln) (Entered: 02/02/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_7.pdf

02/06/2009 9 ORDER. All of the NH active service district judges are recused, case is referred to District of Maine. Concurring Order sent. Miscellaneous Deadline set for 3/2/2009 for return of Concurring Order. So Ordered by Chief Judge Steven J. McAuliffe. (jeb) (Entered: 02/09/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_9.pdf

02/09/2009 Case as to Edward Brown, Elaine Brown reassigned to Chief Judge George Z. Singal, Sitting by Designation. (jeb) (Entered: 02/09/2009)

02/10/2009 10 CONCURRING ORDER as to Edward Brown, Elaine Brown 9 Designated Case Order Out. ME Judge George Z. Singal is designated and assigned to preside over the above-captioned case. ME Magistrate Judge John H. Rich III is assigned to perform such duties as may be assigned to him by the district judge to whom this case is assigned. So Ordered by ME Chief Judge John A. Woodcock. (jeb) (Entered: 02/10/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_10.pdf

02/10/2009 11 PROCEDURAL ORDER: Due to recusal of all NH active service district judges, case referred to Maine. Original filings shall continue to be filed electronically with the Clerk in New Hampshire in accordance with the district Administrative Procedures for Electronic Case Filing. Pro se litigants, however, are not required to file electronically and may continue to file documents in paper format. No courtesy filings need to be filed in the District of Maine. Signed by Deputy Clerk Janice E. Boucher.(jeb) (Entered: 02/10/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_11.pdf

02/19/2009 12 MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to Edward Brown, Elaine Brown. (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_12.pdf

02/19/2009 ORDER granting 12 Motion to Unseal Case as to Edward Brown (1), Elaine Brown (2). So Ordered by Magistrate Judge James R. Muirhead. (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)

02/19/2009 Case unsealed as to Edward Brown, Elaine Brown. NOTICE to Attorneys of Record: The case has been unsealed. All future pleadings shall be filed in accordance with this district's Administrative Procedures for Electronic Case Filing. (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

If convicted, based on the 30-year mandatory minimum sentence, -- even if all other sentences were served concurrently -- the next article Scoop writes about them for the Monitor will start off "Tax Protestor dies in prison."
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

They both will show up for this trial, whether they like it or not (since I assume that neither will take a plea deal or plead guilty).

But they may be looking forward to seeing each other again at the trial because they haven't seen each other since their arrests.

Joe "wise up or die" Haas will have another fit that this has been transferred to Judge Singal in Maine.

This is one trial I'll have to attend.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Other sites have been updated accordingly.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_and ... indictment
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

If any of you see threats (against the judge, prosecutor, witnesses, etc.) please drop me a PM or email or contact the US Marshals in Concord, NH asap.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Boy, I bet Ed and Elaine are bummed.

The indictment refers to them as Ed and Elaine, not ED and ELAINE.
Demo.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Demosthenes wrote:Boy, I bet Ed and Elaine are bummed.

The indictment refers to them as Ed and Elaine, not ED and ELAINE.
No, no, you silly kitty, they will be overjoyed since this is just more evidence that the illegal government has incarcerated the wrong people after all and will have to release members of Family:Brown and give all their money and property back.

You keep forgetting that TPs always carefully sift through the manure pile for the pony.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Associated Press and the Brattleboro Reformer, (Brattleboro, Vermont) have picked up on this story:

http://www.reformer.com/latestnews/ci_11740394
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

And this from the New Hampshire Union Leader:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx ... 1b47820575
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

All local judges recused? Victory!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

These new charges offer a wonderful opportunity for us to pause for a while in our contemplation of the blowhardiness of PeterEricBlowhardMeister Hendrickson and his upcoming trial, and to instead reflect -- and marvel once again -- at the blowhardiness of Edward Lewis: Family Brown.

Ah, variety in life........
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Famspear wrote:These new charges offer a wonderful opportunity for us to pause for a while in our contemplation of the blowhardiness of PeterEricBlowhardMeister Hendrickson and his upcoming trial, and to instead reflect -- and marvel once again -- at the blowhardiness of Edward Lewis: Family Brown.

Ah, variety in life........
Maybe they could be cellmates at some point in the future.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

A doddering blowhard named Ed
Faces charges anew, so it’s said.
So, there just ain’t no tellin’
How this cranky old felon
Will see freedom before he is dead.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

More from the blowhard Ed:
Browns not recognizing new charges

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

CONCORD – Convicted tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown say the federal government has no right to bring 11 new charges against them, including gun violations and obstruction of justice.

Officials entered not guilty pleas on their behalf at a hearing Thursday in U.S. District Court in Concord. Their trial is scheduled for April 13.

Elaine Brown said in court she would not attend the trial, while her husband said the couple lived under a different form of law. Both say they will represent themselves.

They were convicted in January 2007 for failing to pay taxes on $1.9 million of income. They fled to their Plainfield home before the trial ended, where Ed Brown threatened to kill any officers attempting to arrest them. U.S. Marshals apprehended them in October of that year. The new charges stem from that incident.
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx ... 4ed23b1f4a
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

(to the tune of "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?)

Judge say you had to go
That you weren’t above the law
You know
you had to serve some time.
When it's over so they say
You’ll be locked up and far away
Oh no!
And not in Club Fed!

I wanna know, would you do it all again?
I wanna know, would you do it all again?
Or maybe think it out some more?

Yesterday is dead and gone
and you threw it all away
I know
You thought that you would win.
But forever has now arrived
For you and your bride,
We know
You made the biggest blunder

I wanna know, did you ever use your brain?
I wanna know, did you ever use your brain?
Before setting out on this road?

I wanna know, is it easy to explain?
I wanna know, is it easy to explain?
Why you are where you are?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

her husband said the couple lived under a different form of law.
I wonder what law he thinks they live under.

The law of unintended consequences?

The law of diminishing returns?

The law of the jungle?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Not to throw a little spritz of cold water on this impromptu party, but I think we should all at least think about how this situation originally mutated into the continuing and costly train-wreck it is.

Frankly, someone needs to more thoroughly examine the rationale for letting people like the Browns out of custody in the first place.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three