Ed and Elaine's Indictment has been unsealed

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Nikki

Re: Ed and Elaine's Indictment has been unsealed

Post by Nikki »

A SonOfSooey poster is now arguing that Ed family:bomb-builder (1) was only exercising his 2nd Amendment rights and (2) no one got hurt, so what's the big deal.

:roll:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Nikki wrote:A SonOfSooey poster is now arguing that Ed family:bomb-builder (1) was only exercising his 2nd Amendment rights and (2) no one got hurt, so what's the big deal.

:roll:
The irony is that if the Browns actually and realistically particpated in their trial with a legitimate defense attorney, argument (2) is something that I could see being pressed home with a jury as a reason to not convict on some of the charges or to mitigate sentencing if they were found guilty.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Docket Updates

02/19/2009 NOTICE OF HEARING as to Edward Brown, Elaine Brown: Arraignment set for 2/19/2009 01:30 PM before Magistrate Judge James R. Muirhead. (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)

02/19/2009 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge James R. Muirhead: INITIAL APPEARANCE and ARRAIGNMENT as to Elaine Brown (2) Count 1,2,4,6,8,11 held on 2/19/2009. Defendant: advised of rights & charges, waived reading of indictment, and a plea of not guilty entered. Defendant waived bail hearing. Defendant detained. Trial Date: 4/13/09, 2 weeks. (Tape #1:32) (Govt Atty: Arnold Huftalen and Terry Ollila) (Defts Atty: Bjorn Lange) (USP: Molly Corbin)(Total Hearing Time: 10 min) (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)

02/19/2009 ORAL ORDER, Appoints stand-by-counsel, Bjorn Lange, as to Elaine Brown. So Ordered by Magistrate Judge James R. Muirhead. (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)

02/19/2009 13 ORDER APPOINTING FEDERAL DEFENDER, Bjorn R. Lange, as stand-by-counsel for Elaine Brown. Signed by Clerk James R. Starr.(amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_13.pdf

02/19/2009 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge James R. Muirhead: INITIAL APPEARANCE and ARRAIGNMENT as to Edward Brown (1) Counts 1,2,3,5,7,9,10 held on 2/19/2009. Defendant: advised of rights & charges, waived reading of indictment, a plea of not guilty was entered. Court appoints Mr. Iacopino as stand-by-counsel. Mr. Brown to represent himself. Defendant detained without prejudice. Trial Date: April 13, 2009, 2 weeks. (Tape #1:54) (Govt Atty: Arnold Huftalen and Terry Ollila) (Defts Atty: Michael Iacopino) (USP: Molly Corbin)(Total Hearing Time: 19 min)(CJA Time: 43 min) (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)

02/19/2009 ORAL ORDER, Appointing Michael Iacopino as stand-by-counsel as to Edward Brown. So Ordered by Magistrate Judge James R. Muirhead. (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)

02/19/2009 14 CJA 20 as to Edward Brown: Appointment of Attorney Michael J. Iacopino for Edward Brown criminal case, stand-by-counsel. NOTICE: COUNSEL SHALL PRINT AND SUBMIT COMPLETED VOUCHER FOR PAYMENT AT APPROPRIATE TIME. Signed by Clerk James R. Starr. Follow up on submission of CJA Voucher on 8/21/2009.(amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_14.pdf

02/19/2009 15 Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 2/19/09 as to Edward Brown. (dae) (Entered: 02/19/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_15.pdf

02/19/2009 16 Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 2/19/09 as to Elaine Brown. (dae) (Entered: 02/19/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_16.pdf

02/19/2009 17 Bonded Promissory Note by Elaine Brown (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_17.pdf
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

I sincerely hope the Court assigns the Bonded Promissory Note to the circular file and doesn't consider amending the indictment to add charges associated with it.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

My favorite part was the 1040-V...only I can't tell if that's an an 11, a 4, a 9, or a $1. Not that it matters much once you hit the billion range.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Well, on one of the forms, she claims to be dead, or lists herself and Ed and the decedents, and on another, she fills out the remittance stup that you use to make your payment as if the Treasury is sending her a billion dollars...I really have to call BS on the part where she says "being of sound mind and body" 'cause the body might be sound, but the mind is in need of some repairs.

Oh well, one more trial and then we can all be safe and secure knowing at the very least these two nuts are locked up for life...
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

webhick wrote:My favorite part was the 1040-V...only I can't tell if that's an an 11, a 4, a 9, or a $1. Not that it matters much once you hit the billion range.
easy for you to say!
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

02/19/2009 17 Bonded Promissory Note by Elaine Brown (amm) (Entered: 02/19/2009)
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown2_17.pdf
Two questions:

1) How come Edward:family Brown didn't sign these?
2) Doesn't Elaine realize that they are ineffective since she didn't use a red crayon?

P.S. I agree with JRB that we need to remember how well this situation ended given the potential for violence presented by whole crowd of loonies.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

It really bothers me that Ed Brown is being portrayed as a "tax evader" or "tax protester."

For the record:

Ed Brown was a sponge. HE HAD NO INCOME. THERE WAS NO INCOME TAX TO EVADE.

Elaine, the empty-headed and easily-manipulated wife, had income. She was convicted of tax crimes. Ed was convicted of currency reporting crimes.

Ed would LIKE to think that he was convicted of tax crimes, because he would like to think that he is important enough to merit prosecution, but it's not true. He's not that important.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Elaine's in transit, per BOP.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

webhick wrote:Elaine's in transit, per BOP.
Ain't it too bad they have rules that say the inmates get to ride INSIDE the bus?
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Dezcad wrote:P.S. I agree with JRB that we need to remember how well this situation ended given the potential for violence presented by whole crowd of loonies.
Seconded.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Appointment of Attorney Michael J. Iacopino for Edward Brown criminal case, stand-by-counsel
It's been 12 hours since Ed family: permanent guests of the feds was arraigned. Has he fired Iacopino yet?
Elaine Brown said in court she would not attend the trial

Both say they will represent themselves.
I wonder how Elaine plans on representing herself while not attending her trial.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

CaptainKickback wrote:Ed and Elaine who?
Exactly
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

I suspect that Ed and Elaine are in different county jails in New Hampshire pending the actual trial. Attorney Iacopino has a pretty good reputation. I suspect that Elaine might do better if she listened to her attorney and actually tried to defend against the Bomb charge. Ed is doomed beyond hope.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

LPC wrote:It really bothers me that Ed Brown is being portrayed as a "tax evader" or "tax protester."

For the record:

Ed Brown was a sponge. HE HAD NO INCOME. THERE WAS NO INCOME TAX TO EVADE.

Elaine, the empty-headed and easily-manipulated wife, had income. She was convicted of tax crimes. Ed was convicted of currency reporting crimes.

Ed would LIKE to think that he was convicted of tax crimes, because he would like to think that he is important enough to merit prosecution, but it's not true. He's not that important.
I see your point, but . . .Ed and Elaine filed a joint tax return. And Ed was found guilty of conspiring to evade taxes. So there are some tax crimes on his rap sheet. I usually describe the couple as "guilty of tax-related crimes," but I do describe Ed as a tax protester.

Also, I got distracted by other things, but wanted to post my longer story from today's paper.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs ... /902200304

One tidbit that did not make the paper but might interest all of you is that the US Attorney said his office has no current plans to indict any other co-conspirators.
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Scoop wrote:One tidbit that did not make the paper but might interest all of you is that the US Attorney said his office has no current plans to indict any other co-conspirators.
Other than Dogwalker, Reno, and Jason Gerhard, what other co-conspirators were there?
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

If my memory serves me correctly [Famspear tax geek mode = on], Mr. Edward Lewis Brown was found guilty of:

1. one count of conspiracy to defraud the United States under 18 USC 371;

2. one count of conspiracy to structure financial transactions to evade the Treasury reporting requirements in violation of 18 USC 371, 31 USC 5325 and 31 USC 5324(a)(3); and

3. one count of structuring financial transactions to evade the Treasury reporting requirements and aiding and abetting under 31 USC 5324(a)(3) and 18 USC 2.

---See Jury Verdict, docket entry 133, Jan. 18, 2007, United States of America v. Elaine A. Brown and Edward Lewis Brown, Defendants; case no. 1:06-cr-00071-SM-ALL, United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire (Concord); and Indictment, docket entry 1, April 4, 2006, same case.

Mrs. Elaine Brown was found guilty of:

1. one count of conspiracy to defraud the United States under 18 USC 371;

2. five counts of tax evasion and aiding and abetting under 26 USC 7201 and 18 USC 2;

3. eight counts of willful failure to collect employment taxes under 26 USC 7202 and aiding and abetting under 18 USC 2;

4. one count of conspiracy to structure financial transactions to evade the Treasury reporting requirements in violation of 18 USC 371, 31 USC 5325 and 31 USC 5324(a)(3); and

5. two counts of structuring financial transactions to evade the Treasury reporting requirements and aiding and abetting under 31 USC 5324(a)(3) and 18 USC 2.

[Famspear tax geek mode = off]
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Famspear, this one's for you:

Related products available at http://www.zazzle.com/taxmama/gifts
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Whooooaaaaaa........

tax nerd related merchandise!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this cool or what???!!!??

T shirts and everything!

SOOOOPER COOOOOL!

Thanks!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet