Things that make you go Hmm...(losthorizons)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Agent Observer

Things that make you go Hmm...(losthorizons)

Post by Agent Observer »

There's an interesting little site out in cyberland called Statbrain.com that estimates visits to a domain. Being the curious type, I plugged in "losthorizons.com" and got:
Visitors

Estimated number of visits for http://www.losthorizons.com
5,548 visits per day
Makes you sorta wonder who all those folks are if the site is accurate. Of course, I ran Quatloos to see what came back:
Visitors

Estimated number of visits for http://www.quatloos.com
5,154 visits per day
Guess it's time to break out the signs that say "Bring out your dead. The end is near!"
Red Cedar PM
Burnished Vanquisher of the Kooloohs

Re: Things that make you go Hmm...(losthorizons)

Post by Red Cedar PM »

They have more visitors, but I would be curious to see what the stat would look like if you multiplied it by the average IQ of the site visitor. Quality > Quantity.

I would liken the greater attraction to LH to be similar to the effects of a bug zapper.

"Pride cometh before thy fall."

--Dantonio 11:03:07
Grixit wrote:Hey Diller: forget terms like "wages", "income", "derived from", "received", etc. If you did something, and got paid for it, you owe tax.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Red Cedar PM wrote:They have more visitors, but I would be curious to see what the stat would look like if you multiplied it by the average IQ of the site visitor. Quality > Quantity.

I would liken the greater attraction to LH to be similar to the effects of a bug zapper.

Bugzappers are purely optical in their attraction.

To find, revisit and especially adopt TD/TP gibberish you have to surrender higher-level cogent reasoning powers.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Half the LH views are 'Famspear' checking up on Weston!

Gotta make sure the poor fellow doesn't choke on his latest legal theories.

Or, gotta find something to do with his ('Famspear's') time. One or the other.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

ASITStands wrote:Half the LH views are 'Famspear' checking up on Weston!

What'll I do if Peter ever shuts down his web site? Ohhh, I don't wanna think about it....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Agent Observer wrote:There's an interesting little site out in cyberland called Statbrain.com that estimates visits to a domain.
I have no idea where they get their numbers, but I can't believe that brianwilson.com gets less than 10 visitors per day.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Well it's hard to get wifi out beyond the tideline. But just wait.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

ASITStands wrote:Half the LH views are 'Famspear' checking up on Weston!

Ya know, there is a bit of truth in there. I'm sure a significant amount of LH traffic is people who are laughing at it or waiting to see who the train wreck ends...

I mean c'mon, Coast to Coast Am has millions of listeners, (I listen to it every night) but how many of them really believe that Bigfoot led the guest into a trap so a UFO could take them to Area 51 for insertion of their anal probe which allows the Chupacabra to keep track of them and re-transmit their location to the Masons, who use the information gathered to control the candied yam market, which is of course, central to the Master Plan?

I only believe it up to the part about yams m'self
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

Agent Observer wrote:
Visitors

Estimated number of visits for http://www.losthorizons.com
5,548 visits per day
Visitors

Estimated number of visits for http://www.quatloos.com
5,154 visits per day
Guess it's time to break out the signs that say "Bring out your dead. The end is near!"
Keep in mind how many times LostHeads is linked from Quatloos compared to the number of times Quatloos is linked to LostHeads. There are much more links going there than coming here.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Yes, Pete Hendrickson and losthorizons have provided so many hours of entertainment and opportunities for internet-based digitally facilitated socialization for the non-delusional regulars of Quatloos, that it would almost be a shame to see Pete Hendrickson convicted and once again carted off to a federal prison -- or to see the losthorizons web site go dark. In particular, I would miss watching the zany cast of characters over at lost horizons as they stumble over each other in their frantic, repetitive, hapless, pathetic attempts to shore up and rebuild the Cracking the Code Sand Castle -- there on the Beach of Narcissistic Delusion, even as the Waters of the Ocean of Reality continually wash away the work of characters such as Weston ("Weaksauce") White and Patrick Michael ("I never saw a total CtC defeat I couldn't call a victory") Mooney.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

It just struck me that Pete's acolytes are the modern-day equivalents of the anchient alchemists.

They are not searching for the philosopher's stone or some arcane magical / para-chemical method of transmuting base metal into gold.

Instead, they are equally diligently searching for the arcane interpretation of some particular word or definition which will magically make them immune from taxation.

They have abandoned the traditional methods of administrative dealings with the taxing authorities and have established their own rules and procedures which they adamantly insist are correct.

They are astonished when their correspondence with the IRS is ignored -- that the IRS won't accept a narrative in response to a demand for payment. They are besides themselves when their FOIA requests for non-existent (except in their minds) documents are not fulfilled.

They continue to worship at the feet of their feet-of-clay idol and fail to consider the possibility that he will fall and that his downfall will take all of them with him.

In looking at them, I have mixed emotions. I'm extremely happy that another paytridiot guru is going to be taking a hard fall. But I feel sorry for his community of followers who are declaring a major victory that one of their acquaintencances was able to totally avoid paying any income taxes because her standard deduction plus her personal exemption completely offset her year's income of unemployment benefits -- $7,700.
Paul

Post by Paul »

her standard deduction plus her personal exemption completely offset her year's income of unemployment benefits
Wow! Just wait until next filing season, when they get to exclude the first $2400 in unemployment benefits under the new bailout act!
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Patrick Michael ("I never saw a total CtC defeat I couldn't call a victory") Mooney

an example of the Case Studies Patrick uses in his classes at Weston World Polytechnic University

"Defendants 279 motions claiming "special meanings" and "words of art" are denied as frivolous, and defendant is sanctioned $25,000 for each motion. The court finds the defendants arguments not worthy of merit and will order all copies of them burned to prevent them infecting others. The court also as a precautionary measure will also audit all persons whom the defendant has had contact with since the fifth grade, and as a good measure, the defendant is ordered to appear in person so every government employee who has had to deal with him and his nonsense can be given an opportunity to smack him about the head with a heavy blunt object.

After all amounts have been collected, the defendant will be scaled, shaved, sterilized and destroyed, remains to be burned and interned underneath the chimpanzee cage at the Waco Texas Zoo. At this time all records of this defendants existence shall be expunged from the public records...."

To which Mooney would say, hey, he got a decent burial! We Win!!!
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Gregg wrote:I mean c'mon, Coast to Coast Am has millions of listeners, (I listen to it every night) but how many of them really believe that Bigfoot led the guest into a trap so a UFO could take them to Area 51 for insertion of their anal probe which allows the Chupacabra to keep track of them and re-transmit their location to the Masons, who use the information gathered to control the candied yam market, which is of course, central to the Master Plan?

I only believe it up to the part about yams m'self
I'm wondering if the new "Conde de Quatloo" should be sanctioned for creating a parody of the Master Plan and potentially disclosing Illuminati Secrets? Not that I'm privy to them.

Where's 'webhick' when you need her?! And, I'm surprised at you, 'Nikki.'
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

ASITStands wrote:Where's 'webhick' when you need her?!
Giving Stephen Colbert an Illuminati tattoo.

When Gregg messed up the part about the candied yams, he invalidated the whole release.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I checked out the Lost Horizons website. The thing that made me go Hmm was Hendrickson's use of the term "Warrior" for members who were joining his long twilight struggle. That's pretty brazen for these filchers. A couple of other good synonyms--highwaymen, brigands...
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Number Six wrote:I checked out the Lost Horizons website. The thing that made me go Hmm was Hendrickson's use of the term "Warrior" for members who were joining his long twilight struggle. That's pretty brazen for these filchers. A couple of other good synonyms--highwaymen, brigands...
I think their behavior has more in common with the sneak-thief than the bold outlaw's "stand and deliver".
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Speaking of things that make you go "Hmm...": from user "ricmo" at lost horizons:

(AND PASSENGERS, PLEASE SECURE YOUR BEVERAGES BEFORE READING THIS ONE......)
I just received my 12th letter from IRS (in a span of 14 months now) giving me 30 days to respond or they will fine me $5000 for a frivolous return. It seems to me they are looking to save face and get anything, in this case the 5K fine, before they refund all the erroneously held taxes I have re-filed for. Does it make any sense to not respond and let them have the 5K in hopes that this would facilitate a faster refund? Of course I'd be admitting to a frivolous return. To date, I have always responded requesting clarification but to no avail. Just musing on this issue. Any thoughts out there?
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1449

(bolding added).

Any thoughts out here? Yeah. Boy, do I have a big, orange bridge in San Francisco to sell to this guy!!!!.......
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Poor SOB's gonna get his double-wide repossessed.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Famspear wrote:Speaking of things that make you go "Hmm...": from user "ricmo" at lost horizons:

(AND PASSENGERS, PLEASE SECURE YOUR BEVERAGES BEFORE READING THIS ONE......)
I just received my 12th letter from IRS (in a span of 14 months now) giving me 30 days to respond or they will fine me $5000 for a frivolous return. It seems to me they are looking to save face and get anything, in this case the 5K fine, before they refund all the erroneously held taxes I have re-filed for. Does it make any sense to not respond and let them have the 5K in hopes that this would facilitate a faster refund? Of course I'd be admitting to a frivolous return. To date, I have always responded requesting clarification but to no avail. Just musing on this issue. Any thoughts out there?
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1449

(bolding added).

Any thoughts out here? Yeah. Boy, do I have a big, orange bridge in San Francisco to sell to this guy!!!!.......
Another name to strike from my short list for this year's Nobel.
Last edited by Gregg on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.