Things that make you go Hmm...(losthorizons)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Nikki

Re: Things that make you go Hmm...(losthorizons)

Post by Nikki »

Along that line, is it too late to submit entries for the IgNobel prize in economics?
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

If it's not too late, I would like to thank Agent for my having the early 90's dance hit by the C&C Music Factory stuck in my head every time I read Quatoos.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

I just received my 12th letter from IRS (in a span of 14 months now) giving me 30 days to respond or they will fine me $5000 for a frivolous return. It seems to me they are looking to save face and get anything, in this case the 5K fine, before they refund all the erroneously held taxes I have re-filed for. Does it make any sense to not respond and let them have the 5K in hopes that this would facilitate a faster refund? Of course I'd be admitting to a frivolous return. To date, I have always responded requesting clarification but to no avail. Just musing on this issue. Any thoughts out there?
OK, so you are going to admit that you filed a frivolous return yet you anticipate that you'll get a refund based upon a frivolous return. Brilliant!!
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

losthorizons user "ricmo" wrote:
I just received my 12th letter from IRS (in a span of 14 months now) giving me 30 days to respond or they will fine me $5000 for a frivolous return. It seems to me they are looking to save face and get anything, in this case the 5K fine, before they refund all the erroneously held taxes I have re-filed for. Does it make any sense to not respond and let them have the 5K in hopes that this would facilitate a faster refund? Of course I'd be admitting to a frivolous return. To date, I have always responded requesting clarification but to no avail. Just musing on this issue. Any thoughts out there?
This comment by "ricmo" just has to represent either a new level of stupidity or a new level of humor, even for the Space Cadets at losthorizons.

By the way, user "ricmo" claims to be a filmmaker and actor who once had a small part in a Woody Allen film. His losthorizons user page links to this web site:

http://www.snackpacknyc.com/
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Methinks the logic gland is either missing altogether or badly misfiring. Why this dimboid seems to think “they” are trying to save face, when they are telling him that if he doesn’t clean his act up they are going to fine him big time, and why he thinks that since they have already told him he has filed a frivolous9(I mean maybe he doesn't understand the concept that frivolous means doesn't cut it) return that he is going to get anything but another fine? I fear he is in for a severe disappointment when they not only don’t return “erroneously held taxes he filed for” but fine him as well, after which the real fun will start. I predict further confusion when the next round of assessments and liens show up and he finds his wages garnished. Then he can be really confused by it all.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:By the way, user "ricmo" claims to be a filmmaker and actor who once had a small part in a Woody Allen film.
Probably "the Nose". Fortunately, Woody didn't succeed in cloning him.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Agent Observer

Post by Agent Observer »

If it's not too late, I would like to thank Agent for my having the early 90's dance hit by the C&C Music Factory stuck in my head every time I read Quatoos.
Any time! I'll try hard to find a way to title my next posting "Gonna Make you Sweat, Everybody Dance Now." It actually may not be all that difficult given the numerous targets of opportunity out there.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Famspear wrote: By the way, user "ricmo" claims to be a filmmaker and actor who once had a small part in a Woody Allen film. His losthorizons user page links to this web site:

http://www.snackpacknyc.com/
Ah yeah. "As an actor, Rick is also known for roles in Woody Allen's Celebrity, Sweet and Lowdown and The Town I Love."

According to IMDB, he played the pivotal character "Comic" in celebrity, located about halfway down the long list of roles. Just above the three who played "Moving man in loft". In "Sweet and Lowdown", he played "Flat tire man", another gripping performance.

As for "The Town I Love", neither IMDB, Wiki or Google seems to recognize this title, but I'm sure he did sterling work.

Saying that he is "known for roles" might be pushing it a bit, though.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Thule wrote: Ah yeah. "As an actor, Rick is also known for roles in Woody Allen's Celebrity, Sweet and Lowdown and The Town I Love."

According to IMDB, he played the pivotal character "Comic" in celebrity, located about halfway down the long list of roles. Just above the three who played "Moving man in loft". In "Sweet and Lowdown", he played "Flat tire man", another gripping performance.

As for "The Town I Love", neither IMDB, Wiki or Google seems to recognize this title, but I'm sure he did sterling work.

Saying that he is "known for roles" might be pushing it a bit, though.
The title of the third Woody Allen film is "Sounds From A Town I Love". It is a Woody Allen short film that played during the New York telethons after 9/11. A large part of the film was having people say funny things on their cell phones.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.