Don’t Drink That Koolaid!

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Don’t Drink That Koolaid!

Post by AFTP »

So I’m at my local bar last night and in walks this guy on cloud nine.
He’s so happy about what he just found out that he had to share it with the bar.

His friend had become a “Sovereign Citizen” and can stop paying taxes and smoke pot legally.
He’s now going to become one and be “free”.

Now I don’t know this guy but I was the most qualified person there to tell him about the mistake he is about to make.
I call him over to explain to me what he’s talking about and it’s the same old TP BS.

I explain that I know first hand about this and told him to check out Quatloos.
He claims that a lawyer did the paperwork for his friend so it had to be correct.
This was odd because lawyers are the enemy of the TP.
He said his friend went to court on a drug charge and it was dismissed because he’s “Sovereign”.
It goes without saying that his friend is lying.

This guy just didn’t want to believe me even after telling him about Ed Brown and others being in jail.
He says since a lawyer did it it’s just fine and dandy. :roll:

Well it’s on him. I did my good deed of the day but I have to wonder if a lawyer has been drinking the Koolaid here. :?
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
Weathervane

Re: Don’t Drink That Koolaid!

Post by Weathervane »

Its just like when someone beomes a born-again christian. They get all euphoric because:
1. They are now "saved". i.e., "special", and everyone else is going to hell.
2. Since things can now be taken on faith instead of facts, they can relax, shut off their brains, and not have to worry about that bothersome reality thing anymore.
3. After years of failed prayers and money down the drain to greedy televangelists and phony faith-healers, the only way they can escape the shame of being fooled is to dig themselves in even deeper by blocking out all rational thought and trying to lure in more converts.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Weathervane, there are "easy-believism" churches like that, but there are many intellectually sound ones, too. I was visiting a very strict religious group that was teaching that if they let their kids actually read books, it would be like giving the inhabitants of Jonestown the koolaid!
There is the old saying, "I feel like a mushroom, because I'm kept in the dark, and keep getting fed bull**it".

AFTP--you probably did all you could in the situation. I have no idea what psychological hypnosis the "patriot" types have but it is absolute witchcraft. I won't be joining them in whatever circle of the Inferno they will some day find themselves.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Number Six wrote: there are "easy-believism" churches like that, but there are many intellectually sound ones, too.
"Intellectually sound" church? Oxymoron of the day. Thanks #6! :D
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

AFTP wrote:He says since a lawyer did it it’s just fine and dandy.
You did the best you could under the circumstances, but if you get another chance, you might want to mention the names of lawyers such as Robert Clarkson and Eduardo Rivera who have been disbarred and gone to jail for this kind of crap.

And now that I think about, it might be useful to have the "Tax Protester Dossiers" sorted by occupation as well as name.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Paul

Post by Paul »

They are now "saved". i.e., "special", and everyone else is going to hell.
?????? I'm a Christian, I'm saved, and I know I'm special in the eyes of God, but what's this about anyone going to hell? They're special in His eyes, too. What they (and, apparently, you) are missing is they don't know it . . . yet.
mutter

Post by mutter »

I think what he might have been talking about is Expatriating. Basically you become a non citizen of the US.
which of course doesnt allow you to get out of drug charges or paying taxes.
Ask the guy how he thinks being a soverign or expatriot relieves him from obeying the laws of the nation he has his arse parked in.
thats like saying if I go to 'fill in the blank' country I dont have to obey their laws.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Just once I'd like to see court take the "I'm not a US Citizen" crazies at their word and deport them, prefferalby to Somiolia or North Korea, both places whihc incedently, unlike the oppressive police state USA don't have income tax...
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

mutter wrote:I think what he might have been talking about is Expatriating. Basically you become a non citizen of the US.
which of course doesnt allow you to get out of drug charges or paying taxes.
Ask the guy how he thinks being a soverign or expatriot relieves him from obeying the laws of the nation he has his arse parked in.
thats like saying if I go to 'fill in the blank' country I dont have to obey their laws.
There is another problem that the sovereign idiots do not comprehend. Except in a limited set of circumstances, a person born in the U.S. has to travel to a foreign country and renounce his or her citizenship in front of a U.S. consular or diplomatic officer in that foreign country. Anything else is not valid. See 8 U.S.C. 1481(a)(5).

If it were up to me, I would allow any sovereign idiot who wanted to renounce his or her citizenship. Once they signed something to that effect or stated it on the record in court, I would ship them about 200 miles off shore and drop them off. They can lay claim to whatever plot of dirt their feet touch. That is of course, when they hit bottom. :evil:
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.