I was called a name today!

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

I was called a name today!

Post by The Operative »

Someone called me a 'liberty protester', whatever the h*ll that means. I think he meant that I am against liberty because I believe the income tax is constitutional and that everyone born in any of the fifty states is a U.S. citizen.

He said that I:
1. Appeal to authority; and
2. Assume that that the law was only written for the liberty protester and that no one but they can understand.

For '1', duh, I think I will accept the words of judges and lawyers over a paytridiot. And for '2', I said no such thing, nor do I assume any such thing. However, if a person is rehashing the same moronic argument that has been crushed in court time and time and time again, obviously, he doesn't understand the law.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Nikki

Re: I was called a name today!

Post by Nikki »

CaptainKickback wrote:That's when you really screw with his tiny little mind by saying, "Yes, go ahead, believe that all you want. It's just what we want you to think." Smile evilly, maybe a little, wry chuckle and then just walk away.
Someone's been taking lessons from Webhick :?:
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

I usually play with conspirowackos by egging them on. Quite a few have had meltdowns when I start asking whether they have daughters who can be my "upstairs maid" at my villa after "we" take over. I really don't know why they get so incensed; I offer them stable boy jobs too so they'll at least be alive after the fall. :twisted:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I didn't get called a name, but I did get a letter from my HYIP and Autosurf buddy Jake Amedee, from http://www.asamonitor.com who informs me he intends to sue me for libel and slander. I need to find a suitable way of telling 'ole Jake that you can't sue someone for calling you a crook if you are in fact a crook. Aside from not having legal grounds, in general the discovery will make you look pretty silly.

I used Jakes full name for search engine optimization
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Gregg wrote:I need to find a suitable way of telling 'ole Jake that you can't sue someone for calling you a crook if you are in fact a crook.
"Come get me, jerkoff" has worked for me.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Yep, that's the advice in Prosser on Torts.
Last edited by fortinbras on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

wserra wrote:
Gregg wrote:I need to find a suitable way of telling 'ole Jake that you can't sue someone for calling you a crook if you are in fact a crook.
"Come get me, jerkoff" has worked for me.

well, I'm obviously too terrified to clearly evaluate my options....
There is some irony, though. The guy pimps HYIPs and Autosurfs on his board, and makes much noise about the safety of them being offshore. Just by coincidence, after my divorce I got a real streak of asset protection religion and most of what I own is held offshore in trusts, so he's kind of in a pickle cause I don't have anything
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.