Letters, we get letters ...

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Nikki

Letters, we get letters ...

Post by Nikki »

Perry Como aside,

Why do all the TP sheep believe that a letter-writing campaign will somehow make everything better?

The LoserHeads are a prime example.

It seems that every other post there is a discussion of the proper letter to rebut an IRS notice <your choice>.

They discuss the proper way to inform the IRS staff what the law really is, how the Service is violating procedure, that the IRS is remiss in not sending them any one of a number of forms -- many of which are years obsolete -- and that [according to their interpredtation of includes] all of the IRS's actions are wrong.

Where did this start? Which of the previous gurus advocated a letter-writing campaign? Did he only do this so he could sell additional form letters to the sheep?

Demosthenes: do you have any good history on this?
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Letters, we get letters ...

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Nikki wrote:....
Where did this start? ....
My experience leads me to believe it starts with the attempt to mimic a portion of the administrative remedy/notice gibberish and the old adage that unless you put it in writing it doesn't have any weight. The fact that it has no weight just because it's in writing is yet another story.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Observation:

From the cases I've had an opportunity to review, the non-filers who compose and send the most responses (i.e., rebuttals) get in worse trouble than those who send the fewest.

Both classes may suffer the same civil fate (i.e., pay taxes and fines), but the group that makes the most noise (i.e., sends the most letters) risks criminal sanctions as well.

This is just my perception, but it seems to be fairly accurate.

If a non-filer believes there's legitimate legal issues to challenge, the proper place to do so would be in a court somewhere. So, file a petition in tax court, file a suit in district court or file a claim in the court of claims, but bring it in the proper place.

Don't rely upon a letter-writing campaign that will get you nowhere but into deeper trouble.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

And from our "Let-them-eat-cake" dept....
Nikki wrote:Why do all the TP sheep believe that a letter-writing campaign will somehow make everything better?
Who knows, Nikki. Maybe they think its their right or something.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Weathervane wrote:And from our "Let-them-eat-cake" dept....
Nikki wrote:Why do all the TP sheep believe that a letter-writing campaign will somehow make everything better?
But their folly is they may actually be giving up their rights; in the main they're incriminating themselves. They may not like the law, they may not even believe it applies to them, but they should not be handing the prosecution evidence that they are knowingly and willfully determined to break it and will use frivolous arguments when confronted.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Weathervane wrote:And from our "Let-them-eat-cake" dept....
But their folly is they may actually be giving up their rights; in the main they're incriminating themselves. They may not like the law, they may not even believe it applies to them, but they should not be handing the prosecution evidence that they are knowingly and willfully determined to break it and will use frivolous arguments when confronted.
You bet. But one man's folly is another man's dissent.

I despise the KKK, but I defend their right to speak their mind. As long as they don't engage in or advocate physical violence, give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves and that's fine with me.

I'm not saying these people have to be taken seriously, I just think its the height of arrogance, hubris, if you will, to call into question a citizen's right of exercising free speech. As inconvenient to you as it may seem, whether or not you happen to agree with what he says is beside the point.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Nikki wrote:Demosthenes: do you have any good history on this?
Demosthenes is busy baking on a white sand beach, collecting freckles, and sipping a delightful drink known as a "dirty monkey.". She cannot be disturbed.
Demo.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Demosthenes wrote:
Nikki wrote:Demosthenes: do you have any good history on this?
Demosthenes is busy baking on a white sand beach, collecting freckles, and sipping a delightful drink known as a "dirty monkey.". She cannot be disturbed.
Dirty Monkey:
1 1/2 oz Irish creme
1 oz dark rum
1 1/2 oz cognac
Pour into brandy snifter in order above, serve unstirred.

Hammered, we get hammered...
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

I think I've said this before, but a lot of what tax deniers do seems to be more like an apish kind of mimicry than what could be considered rational, intelligent thought. And a lot of the mimicry seems to be directed at lawyers.

So, lawyers are perceived as writing long, prolix, turgid, incomprehensible verbiage, and tax deniers therefore write long, prolix, turgid, incomprehensible verbiage.

Lawyers use lots of Latin, and so tax deniers use lots of Latin.

Lawyers write cease and desist letters and other forms of notices, so tax deniers write "seize" and desist letters and other forms of notices ("constructive" or otherwise).

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but tax deniers are incapable of understanding the sense in what lawyers do, so their mimicry tends to be senseless. (And when it's not senseless, it's wrong.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

LPC wrote:Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but tax deniers are incapable of understanding the sense in what lawyers do, so their mimicry tends to be senseless. (And when it's not senseless, it's wrong.)
Ironically, many of these legal wannabes distrust attorneys, who they think are part of some kind of massive conspiracy involving the IRS, the BAR, Queen Elizabeth, or shape-shifting lizards.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
mutter

Post by mutter »

Cpt Banjo wrote:
LPC wrote:Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but tax deniers are incapable of understanding the sense in what lawyers do, so their mimicry tends to be senseless. (And when it's not senseless, it's wrong.)
Ironically, many of these legal wannabes distrust attorneys, who they think are part of some kind of massive conspiracy involving the IRS, the BAR, Queen Elizabeth, or shape-shifting lizards.
What? lawyers arent shape shifting reptiles? Then what kinda shap shifters are they?
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

mutter wrote:
Cpt Banjo wrote:
What? lawyers arent shape shifting reptiles? Then what kinda shap shifters are they?
Lawyers are shape-shifting bunny slippers. Judges are shape-shifting footed pajamas. Beware the red herrings.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Weathervane wrote:
Dirty Monkey:
1 1/2 oz Irish creme
1 oz dark rum
1 1/2 oz cognac
Pour into brandy snifter in order above, serve unstirred.

Hammered, we get hammered...
Different dirty monkey. This one is coconut milk, bananas, rum, and coffee liqueur, blended with ice and poured into a hurricane glass that's been coated with chocolate sauce.it's a girlie drink.

Follow up with a local Dominican Republic pilsner called "el presidente."
Demo.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Demosthenes wrote:Different dirty monkey. This one is coconut milk, bananas, rum, and coffee liqueur, blended with ice and poured into a hurricane glass that's been coated with chocolate sauce.it's a girlie drink.

Follow up with a local Dominican Republic pilsner called "el presidente."
Yikes! That sounds combustive, creme drink and beer? That monkey'l come flying out of ya pretty fast I bet.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Lots of stuff in DR is referred to or named after whoever happens to be "el Presidente" at the time.

Guzman was big in the '80s, the last time I was there. Do they still have the taxi system where cabs only run north/south or east/west in Santo Domingo or have they decided that big government planning isn't such a great idea?
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

Quit bothering Demo, she's finishing her book.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

CaptainKickback wrote:"Yeah Garth, and maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt......."

Sorry, Wayne's World moment there.

I think I woud stick with the ice cold El Presidentes.

Of course I amy be one of the few readers NOT envious of Demo's plight. Living in SoCal has jaded me I suppose.......
Oh, a beach? My impure thoughts about her vacation involve her on the beach in a bikini, but the beach is mostly an afterthought
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The resort is an hour out of Punta Cana (which I swear is spanish for "land of a million potholes" in an area called Uvero Alto and is frequented mostly by Europeans (aka topless sunbathers.) Once you leave the abject poverty of the towns and cities, the natural beauty here is stunning. No sign of Charlie Rangel yet.

Gotta' go. Another thousand freckles just emerged despite the #30 sunscreen. Cheeky little bastards.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Gregg wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:"Yeah Garth, and maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt......."

Sorry, Wayne's World moment there.

I think I woud stick with the ice cold El Presidentes.

Of course I amy be one of the few readers NOT envious of Demo's plight. Living in SoCal has jaded me I suppose.......
Oh, a beach? My impure thoughts about her vacation involve her on the beach in a bikini, but the beach is mostly an afterthought
Yeah, but remember, those melon bikinis are transparent to uv, so you have to use sunscreen all over.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Demosthenes wrote:The resort is an hour out of Punta Cana (which I swear is spanish for "land of a million potholes" in an area called Uvero Alto and is frequented mostly by Europeans (aka topless sunbathers.) Once you leave the abject poverty of the towns and cities, the natural beauty here is stunning. No sign of Charlie Rangel yet.

Gotta' go. Another thousand freckles just emerged despite the #30 sunscreen. Cheeky little bastards.
My fondest memory of the place is in my mispent youth, whilst helping Ronald Reagen keep the world safe for capitolism, I crashed a helicoptor not too far from where Demo is being assaulted by freckles.

I will ignore the topless comment, the thought makes me unstable... I mean think ofit, a topless cat with a melon on it's head? Does topless in this situatiom mean sans melon? :mrgreen:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.