LH'rs are pathetic

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
iplawyer

LH'rs are pathetic

Post by iplawyer »

Once LH'r pointed out that a business had corrected its 941 as evidence of something - I really can't figure out what. The link to that 941 is below. Does anyone really beleive that a business that only pays $3000 in wages in any given quarter is a business to make a winning tax argument about? What I find seriously sad about the LH site is that at $3000 a quarter, the individual getting these wages would owe no tax anyway and might be eligible for a tax credit depending on the circumstances. What is the point?

http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/taximag ... nc941C.pdf
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: LH'rs are pathetic

Post by LPC »

Form 941C is the form used to correct over-withholdings from a previous quarter, and I used it recently when I decided that someone I had been treating as an employee really was an independent contractor, so I refunded the taxes previously withheld and claimed credit from the IRS using Form 941C.

So the $3,000 in wages in one quarter might be only one employee, and might be an employee who worked for only part of the quarter.

But how did they withhold $1,800 in federal income tax from $3,000 in wages? There's no 60% withholding bracket.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC

Post by LPC »

I should add that the FICA and Medicare are right, and it's just the income tax withholding that is incomprehensible.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Dear LoserHead:

Congradulations! You are not an employee of the company in question. They have determined that you an independent contractor. Please file accordingly and don't forget to include the self employment tax.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighborhood revenooer.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

LPC wrote: So the $3,000 in wages in one quarter might be only one employee, and might be an employee who worked for only part of the quarter.

But how did they withhold $1,800 in federal income tax from $3,000 in wages? There's no 60% withholding bracket.
The section giving the explanation for the changes seems to indicate the business owner has been drinking the kool-aid as well.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From losthorizons user "busseyja" writes:
Hi Folks,

I wanted to make this post to let you all know I have Won a Victory.
Yes Indeed, I have received my check in the mail.

I made a post sometime around Dec 19 2008, titled I believe "My First Filing"; and just after I actually walked into the local IRS Building and hand delivered my "0" return, which they by the way did not want to accept.

Image that, the IRS not wanting to accept a filing.

Never the less I insisted they accept my filing and had them time stamp me a receipt indicating the date and time they received it.

From Dec. 19 2008 until yesterday March 3 2009 I did not hear a peep out of the IRS. No letters, no phone calls, no visits to my house...Nothing at all. I was beginning to wonder if I should contact the IRS to check on my return but was a bit concerned as I did not want to stir up any trouble.

But yesterday, to my surprise and extreme joy, in my mail box was a letter from the Department of the Treasury and I could see thru the envelope what looked like a check.

When I opened it, there was indeed a check for my complete federal taxes that were withheld for the year 2005. Not only did I receive all my federal taxes back, but I also received the interest on that money as well.

I did not receive the social security money...I don't know why.

But I did receive all federal taxes, not just a percentage of it, but 100% plus interest.

I will post pictures and full details soon.

I must have done something right because Victory has been won with no hassle from the IRS at ALL.

In less than 90 days from filing I received my check. AWESOME!!!

Kind Regards
James
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1486

(bolding added).

Awwww. Isn’t that sweet…. It’s so charming to see a new, “baby scammer” taking his first baby scam-steps. What is even more charming is that he appears to be totally clueless.

And let me guess... his real name is possibly something like "James Bussey" ???? Nothing like giving the tax man clues as to who you are.....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

What was that social security number again? :wink:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
LPC

Post by LPC »

Famspear wrote:Awwww. Isn’t that sweet…. It’s so charming to see a new, “baby scammer” taking his first baby scam-steps.
Yes, there's nothing like watching someone commit their first federal felony. It's such a bittersweet moment.
Dan Evans
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The IRS, strangely enough, gives filers the benefit of the doubt until the evidence indicates they don't deserve it. This refund took place within 90 days, an indication that the filing was seen by only someone in the first layer of IRS clerks. Eventually it will percolate up to higher layers and then things will suddenly turn ugly. By this time next year, "James" may find himself worse off than before he pulled this stunt.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

I think he got away with it. From my experience, the return is processed and probably went to files. Unless someone monitors Lost Heads and this guy posts his refund, he won.

Now next year might result in something different, however, if he doesn't file 941's for himself then it would take an exam to catch him and there's bigger fish to fry (Just doing Congress and the Executive department apparently will net an exponential factor greater than this guy).
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
LPC

Post by LPC »

fortinbras wrote:The IRS, strangely enough, gives filers the benefit of the doubt until the evidence indicates they don't deserve it. This refund took place within 90 days, an indication that the filing was seen by only someone in the first layer of IRS clerks. Eventually it will percolate up to higher layers and then things will suddenly turn ugly.
I agree with everything up until the last sentence. I would change "Eventually it will" to "Later it might."

Because sometimes crime does pay.
Dan Evans
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

James A. ("Einstein") Bussey has posted a copy of the refund check:

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1502

--along with a copy of an IRS notice, with a tracking number that can presumably be used by IRS personnel to help them locate him. Last four digits of his SSN have been whited out, but I suspect that won't slow the tax man down very much.

Nothing like committing fraud and then leaving a trail for the investigator! Good job, Einstein!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

LPC wrote:
fortinbras wrote:The IRS, strangely enough, gives filers the benefit of the doubt until the evidence indicates they don't deserve it. This refund took place within 90 days, an indication that the filing was seen by only someone in the first layer of IRS clerks. Eventually it will percolate up to higher layers and then things will suddenly turn ugly.
I agree with everything up until the last sentence. I would change "Eventually it will" to "Later it might."

Because sometimes crime does pay.
Even the trenchently stupid get lucky once in a while.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
buck09
Quatloosian Baron of the Unknown Statute

Post by buck09 »

Hi Folks,

I wanted to make this post to let you all know I have Won a Victory.
Yes Indeed, I have received my check in the mail.
Winning a victory? Versus what? Losing a Failure?

I love this country. Where else can someone so stupid make over 30k per year?
I’ll help them get more power at the Fed. - Ron Paul
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Famspear wrote:From losthorizons user "busseyja" writes:
Hi Folks,
[...]
I must have done something right because Victory has been won with no hassle from the IRS at ALL.
[...]
[...]
Awwww. Isn’t that sweet…. It’s so charming to see a new, “baby scammer” taking his first baby scam-steps. What is even more charming is that he appears to be totally clueless.
[...]
It's kinda like a bankrobber celebrating a heist before he is out of the bank. Or the silly tourist who walked right up to one of these cuties and thought "Hey, I'm getting some really good pictures here, this will be something to show the folks back home".

Disclaimer; Do not, under any circumstances, go near a muskox. They are easily provoked, weigh in at about 600 punds, can sprint at 35 mph, and their forehead is a 2-inch thick plate of bone. And they don't know what 'subtle' means...
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

[moron] has posted a copy of the refund check
Just for a moment I thought that the commentary here (including voluminous previous commentary about similar morons leaving a trail of posting crumbs leading straight to their doorstep) might give this moron some slight pause about crowing about his "victory," considering that he would otherwise be just another anonymous perpetrator of federal felony tax crimes.

IRS CID is probably even more amazed. When they get done laughing, they might want to consider how they might tighten up the 4852 red-flagging system so clowns like this never have an opportunity to mouth off about idiocy which might suck more morons into the CtC vortex.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

. wrote: When they get done laughing, they might want to consider how they might tighten up the 4852 red-flagging system
Out of curiosity (not familiar with US tax code), that would mean picking out those who are registered with taxes withheld, but still claim 0 income?
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

. wrote:
[moron] has posted a copy of the refund check
IRS CID is probably even more amazed. When they get done laughing, they might want to consider how they might tighten up the 4852 red-flagging system so clowns like this never have an opportunity to mouth off about idiocy which might suck more morons into the CtC vortex.
Don't go there!

Suggesting that the government take steps to preempt a criminal's ability to commit a crime instead of racketing up the penalties leads down the path to madness. :wink:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I believe that the average IRS investigator has much less of a sense of humor than the average musk ox.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote:I believe that the average IRS investigator has much less of a sense of humor than the average musk ox.
Not true. IRS hired a bunch of musk oxen and found the IRS employees had a better sense of humor. The investigators could actually make themselves go back to the basement at 1111 Constitution Ave and continue working - the musk oxen stampeded out of the place on the first day.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff