Shooter lived with the Browns early in the standoff

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Shooter lived with the Browns early in the standoff

Post by Demosthenes »

Sorry if the format stinks. I'm stuck using a blackberry.

Police seek motive for linemen shooting

Saturday, February 28, 2009 By Bridget DiCosmo
(Photo)
Two Ameren utility workers were shot while working Friday morning at the AmerenUE substation near Center Junction of Interstate 55. The shooter fled the scene and later shot himself after Jackson police stopped the vehicle.

Police are still investigating what could have driven a Perryville, Mo., man to shoot and injure two AmerenUE linemen Friday morning in Jackson, before taking his own life.
Aaron C. Hemingway, 32, is believed to have pulled off of Interstate 55 and gotten out of his truck at an AmerenUE substation at Center Junction, where Kingshighway becomes Jackson Boulevard, around 9:50 a.m.
Some linemen were working in cherry pickers at the substation, making repairs, and Hemingway ordered them to get down, said Jackson police chief James Humphreys.
When they did not, he opened fire from beneath them with a 12-gauge shotgun, injuring two of the workers, Humphreys said.
Another worker was shot at but not injured.
Witnesses to the shooting managed to get a license plate number and direction of travel on the truck, police said.
The suspected shooter then fled toward Jackson, driving a small red Chevrolet S10. Several Jackson sanitation workers spotted him driving around the Bent Creek, Mulberry subdivision.
Police caught up with the vehicle on Ridge Road near Stotler Way. Jackson officers conducted a traffic stop and attempted to contact the driver via radio loudspeaker.
Missouri State Highway Patrol, Cape Girardeau police and Cape Girardeau County sheriff's deputies assisted with the traffic stop, but when officers approached the truck, they saw Hemingway was dead of a single gunshot wound, Humphreys said.
The wound is believed to have been self-inflicted, and an autopsy has been scheduled for Sunday at Mineral Area Regional Medical Center, said Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton.
No evidence indicates that Hemingway knew any of the Ameren workers, or had any reason to target the company specifically, Humphreys said.
"At this point we have no motive; we don't understand why he has done this," Humphreys said.
As a resident of Perryville, Hemingway is not believed to have been an AmerenUE customer and would likely have not been affected by a power outage during the recent ice storm, Humphreys said.
The two shooting victims were taken to a Cape Girardeau hospital for treatment and were in stable condition Friday night, Humphreys said.
"In my 40 years with Ameren nothing like this has ever happened before," said Thomas R. Voss, AmerenUE president.
"Please keep our co-workers in your prayers this weekend."
(Photo)
Jackson police work the scene on Ridge Road where the driver of a small Chevrolet truck
took his own life with a 12-gauge shotgun after apparently shooting two Ameren utility workers
Friday morning near Center Junction.
Demo.
Agent Observer

Re: Shooter lived with the Browns early in the standoff

Post by Agent Observer »

Too bad this idiot didn't just "skip the middle man" and shoot himself to start with.
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

JACKSON, Mo. (AP) -- Police in the southeast Missouri town of Jackson look at the journal kept by the man who allegedly shot two utility workers before fatally shooting himself.

The journal was retrieved from the Perryville apartment of 32-year-old Aaron Hemingway. Police say he drove onto property of an AmerenUE substation on Friday and began firing. Two workers were injured. After a brief manhunt, police found Hemingway in his pickup truck dead from a self-inflicted wound.

Jackson Police Lt. Rodney Barnes says the journal shows Hemingway's anger at the government over taxes and other issues, but gives no clear clue about his motives.

Barnes says Hemingway had no affiliation with Ameren either as a customer or as an employee.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.as ... 23&catid=3
Here is the original news report of the incident from the local news in St. Louis (video):

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.as ... yid=168572

--

Here is a post from Aaron Hemingway in 2006 about him getting involved with the Free State Project:

http://showmefreedom.org/2006/July/FreeStateLTE.shtml

I haven't seen any evidence that he spent time at the Brown's house, but it seems he was atleast in the general area at the time.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

RyanMcC wrote:I haven't seen any evidence that he spent time at the Brown's house, but it seems he was atleast in the general area at the time.
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.ph ... 9msg288306
Demo.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that Hemingway was somehow convinced that the utility workers were part of some NWO scheme to use high-tech electronics on the power lines so that they could eavesdrop on him.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff