DC Quatloos gathering - evening of May 5th

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Nikki

Re: DC Quatloos gathering - evening of May 5th

Post by Nikki »

Demosthenes wrote:How about drinks on April 29th?
Details :!: Details :!:
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

I get into DCA around 4:30PM and then will be taking a shuttle to the Fairmont. Is there somewhere close by (I'm not renting a car)?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Tax Man wrote:
I get into DCA around 4:30PM and then will be taking a shuttle to the Fairmont. Is there somewhere close by (I'm not renting a car)?
If you don't mind walking about three or four blocks through a safe neighborhood, how about Firefly Restaurant (New Hampshire Ave at N St.) at, say, 6:00 pm?

http://www.firefly-dc.com
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Not half bad. About 3 - 4 blocks southwest of Dupont Circle Metro station.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I picked a spot that would split the difference between the Metro and TaxMan's hotel.

Who can make it?

And who can make it the evening of May 5th when Jay (Mr. Quatloos himself!) comes to town? (time and place TBA)
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

I'm in -- and I won't have to stagger too far to get to Metro my way on home.

But not the 5th. I've already seen Mr. Q in person.

No big deal. Now, you bring Scoop or Webhick down, that's another story.
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

Demosthenes wrote:
Tax Man wrote:
If you don't mind walking about three or four blocks through a safe neighborhood, how about Firefly Restaurant (New Hampshire Ave at N St.) at, say, 6:00 pm?

http://www.firefly-dc.com
That's perfect. I'll be there. PM me if you want my cell phone/contact information.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

What would be cool would be to find a restaurant where we can get a private dining/meeting room. Many restaurants have them. Seems like on a Tuesday night shouldn't be too much of a stretch.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Well, everybody who is attending had better be prepared with the secret Illuminati handshake and to re-take their blood oath within the triangle of candles with the singular eye. Oh, also I'm having the NSA clear the room of any wiretaps while we discuss how to keep The Secret about the unconstitutionality of the tax code a, well, secret.

Ooops, just slipped .....
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Joey Smith wrote:Well, everybody who is attending had better be prepared with the secret Illuminati handshake and to re-take their blood oath within the triangle of candles with the singular eye. Oh, also I'm having the NSA clear the room of any wiretaps while we discuss how to keep The Secret about the unconstitutionality of the tax code a, well, secret.

Ooops, just slipped .....
Damn! Ray-Bans, now!

Right...

You did not just hear Joey say that the tax code was unconstitutional. The tax code has always been constitutional. You will continue to pay your taxes, as before, and you will do so with a sense of pride achieved only through performing your civil duty.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Joey Smith wrote:What would be cool would be to find a restaurant where we can get a private dining/meeting room. Many restaurants have them. Seems like on a Tuesday night shouldn't be too much of a stretch.
I will. I need a head count first.
Demo.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:I will. I need a head count first.
That would be worth an Amtrak ride to DC. I can always find a reason to write it ... er, I have lots to do there.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

I'm aiming for the 5th.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

wserra wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:I will. I need a head count first.
That would be worth an Amtrak ride to DC. I can always find a reason to write it ... er, I have lots to do there.

Oooh. I've never met Wes...

Hey Dan, what about you taking the train down too?
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:Hey Dan, what about you taking the train down too?
I have to admit that I'm tempted.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Getting closer -- many fun, but seriously deranged, personnages have committed ....
- - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - -
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Joey Smith wrote:Getting closer -- many fun, but seriously deranged, personnages have committed ....
Wish I could be there. "Unfortunately, I'll be at the Commander's Palace in NO that evening," he said judiciously ( the 5th Cir. Judicial Conf. is meeting).
"My Health is Better in November."
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Joey Smith wrote:Getting closer -- many fun, but seriously deranged, personnages have committed ....
Well, the cool kids will be here, posting in a vacuum, while you guys are gone. Since I'll be practically alone here...

I DECLARE MYSELF FORUM MASTER. MY WRATH IS CREAMY AND MY WANTS ARE INCONSISTENT. FEED ME SKITTLES AND BASK MY CHOCOLATY GOODNESS. MY FIRST ORDER: DO NOT USE TWO "N"S IN PERSONAGES. TO THE PIT WITH YOU!!!!

Ahem. Actually, I'll probably be prepping for intake all evening. We're handling 50 households a week now.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

I will preparing to take my advanced international tax exam the next morning. Please drink one for me....I will drink enough for all you on the 8th, after my last exam.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

webhick wrote:I DECLARE MYSELF FORUM MASTER. MY WRATH IS CREAMY AND MY WANTS ARE INCONSISTENT. FEED ME SKITTLES AND BASK MY CHOCOLATY GOODNESS. MY FIRST ORDER: DO NOT USE TWO "N"S IN PERSONAGES. TO THE PIT WITH YOU!!!!
Someone's been sniffing fried intern vapors again.