Free Enterprise Society Fresno Ca.

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Weston White

Re: Free Enterprise Society Fresno Ca.

Post by Weston White »

If they had meant to mess with ALL direct taxes, they would have said so. What they did was say that all taxes on incomes are exempt from apportionment. Since all taxes on incomes are exempt from apportionment, what constitutional limitation do you think is violated by the current income tax, as written or as applied by the IRS?
There is nothing being violated by the current income tax, although the status quo conception is entirely being misapplied out of accord with every known law.
Calling it a capitation just means that it is subject to apportionment under the original constitution, but the 16th Amendment changed that for taxes on incomes, so you haven't gotten anywhere by claiming it's a capitation.
I am not calling the income tax a capitation tax, I am calling the income tax an excise tax. An excise tax is not a tax in consideration of labor a capitation tax is, however.

Excise:

1 : an internal tax levied on the manufacture, sale, or consumption of a commodity
2 : any of various taxes on privileges often assessed in the form of a license or fee
Here's a test of your research skills and your reasoning skills. Under the constitution: How are senators selected nowadays? How about the vice president? Is slavery allowed?

After you've figured these things out, go back and look at your statement copied above, and tell us why it is ignorant. Do your own research and thinking for a change.
What are you referring to Amendments for such clauses? Not that this has anything to do with taxes. Though the process was amended and in doing so those Amendments were very specific to their intention, as was the XVI Amendment. And with that I repeat, never does the XVI Amendment make capitation taxes a subject of it. So I don’t follow your point, other then your attempt at confusing the real issue… at bar (that was inside joke BTW).
I hadn't forgotten. You're the one who keeps arguing that they are wrong by saying that a tax on income is a capitation.
No I have never said that, I think you need to read more carefully. I am saying you do not understand what is actually meant by incomes within the meaning of the XVI Amendment… incomes is not money earned in consideration of labor, you could call it ones revenue but not ones ‘income’, not within the meaning of the law. Usually only wealthy people are setup to generate ‘income’, common people just work from paycheck to paycheck, to just get by.
All I've been doing is telling you that, even if you're right, your argument doesn't get you to the goal of declaring the current income tax, as written or as applied by the IRS, to be unconsitutional.
Great, because guess what this is not my goal or my intent. See you are so filled with presumption that you are not even really reading what I post.

Lets assume that we all agree what I have stated to be truth and correct. The IRC will still exist, it will still be needed, though the scale of its application would be greatly reduced, he number of IRS offices and IRS employees would be scaled down a great deal though and nearly most of all those private vulture corporations that feed off annual income tax filings would be vaporized overnight.
By the way, what is a tax on income -- an excise or a capitation? Make up your mind.
It is an excise, you are either just not reading properly or want so much for income to mean what you been “taught”, that you are not even willing to consider, reason, or humor any other alternative possibility.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

One could spend a lot of time learning about the heart and heart surgery, but when they pull the steakknife out of the drawer and start cutting on themselves it is something else entirely. This is basically what tax protestors do when they start filing returns based on their own research, and the result is about as bloody and totally messed up.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Weston White wrote:No I have never said that, I think you need to read more carefully. I am saying you do not understand what is actually meant by incomes within the meaning of the XVI Amendment… incomes is not money earned in consideration of labor, you could call it ones revenue but not ones ‘income’, not within the meaning of the law. Usually only wealthy people are setup to generate ‘income’, common people just work from paycheck to paycheck, to just get by.
You can call it anything you want, it doesn't matter.

What matters is the decisions of the courts which have examined the issue.

They are unanimous in deciding that compensation for services (read "money earned in consideration of labor") is income in the sense that it is subject to taxation according to the 16th amendment.

Your opinion may differ, but it doesn't matter. The people and institutions who count disgree with you.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Weston White wrote:The use of income came along later on, I think somewhere in the mid1800’s. This term was specifically defined later on within the 1909 Corporation Excise Tax Act. SCOTUS has directly ruled on this in numerous cases. The Annotated Constitution, specifically makes reference to “income within the meaning of the Sixteenth Amendment.” within. Also what you claim to be, is never discussed one time within either, you would think something as monumental as what you allege would be mentioned at least once. But no it is not, never, not once.
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/anncon/html ... amdt16_hd8
Please return to the thread income from whatever source derived (again) to read the SCOTUS ruling in Glenshaw Glass as to what does constitute gross income subject to the income tax. That ruling determined that the Court's characterization of income in Eisner v. Macomber, 252 U.S. 189, 207 , as "the gain derived from capital, from labor, or from both combined."... {But it]was not meant to provide a touchstone to all future gross income questions.
Eisner v. Macomber wrote:The Sixteenth Amendment must be construed in connection with the taxing clauses of the original Constitution and the effect attributed to them before the amendment was adopted. In Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co., 158 U.S. 601 , 15 Sup. Ct. 912, under the Act of August 27, 1894 (28 Stat. 509, 553, c. 349, 27), it was held that taxes upon rents and profits of real estate and upon returns from investments of personal property were in effect direct taxes upon the property from which such income arose, imposed by reason of ownership; and that Congress could not impose such taxes without apportioning them among the states according to population, as required by article 1, 2, cl. 3, and section 9, cl. 4, of the original Constitution.

Afterwards, and evidently in recognition of the limitation upon the taxing power of Congress thus determined, the Sixteenth Amendment was adopted, in words lucidly expressing the object to be accomplished:

'The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.'
As repeatedly held, this did not extend the taxing power to new subjects, but merely removed the necessity which otherwise might exist for an apportionment among the states of taxes laid on income. Brushaber v. Union Pacific R. R. Co., 240 U.S. 1 , 17-19, 36 Sup. Ct. 236, Ann. Cas. 1917B, 713, L. R. A. 1917D, 414; Stanton v. Baltic Mining Co., 240 U.S. 103 , 112 et seq., 36 Sup. Ct. 278; Peck & Co. v. Lowe, 247 U.S. 165, 172 , 173 S., 38 Sup. Ct. 432.

A proper regard for its genesis, as well as its very clear language, requires also that this amendment shall not be extended by loose construction, so as to repeal or modify, except as applied to income, those provisions of the Constitution that require an apportionment according to population for direct taxes upon property, real and personal. This limitation still has an appropriate and important function, and is not to be overridden by Congress or disregarded by the courts.

In order, therefore, that the clauses cited from article 1 of the Constitution may have proper force and effect, save only as modified by the amendment, and that the latter also may have proper effect, it becomes essential to distinguish between what is and what is not 'income,' as the term is there used, and to apply the distinction, as cases arise, according to truth and substance, without regard to form. Congress cannot by any definition it may adopt conclude the matter, since it cannot by legislation alter the Constitution, from which alone it derives its power to legislate, and within whose limitations alone that power can be lawfully exercised.

The fundamental relation of 'capital' to 'income' has been much discussed by economists, the former being likened to the tree or the land, the latter to the fruit or the crop; the former depicted as a reservoir supplied from springs, the latter as the outlet stream, to be measured by its flow during a period of time. For the present purpose we require only a clear definition of the term 'income,' as used in common speech, in order to determine its meaning in the amendment, and, having formed also a correct judgment as to the nature of a stock dividend, we shall find it easy to decide the matter at issue.

After examining dictionaries in common use (Bouv. L. D.; Standard Dict.; Webster's Internat. Dict.; Century Dict.), we find little to add to the succinct definition adopted in two cases arising under the Corporation Tax Act of 1909 (Stratton's Independence v. Howbert, 231 U.S. 399, 415 , 34 S. Sup. Ct. 136, 140 [58 L. Ed. 285]; Doyle v. Mitchell Bros. Co., 247 U.S. 179, 185 , 38 S. Sup. Ct. 467, 469 [62 L. Ed. 1054]), 'Income may be defined as the gain derived from capital, from labor, or from both combined,' provided it be understood to include profit gained through a sale or conversion of capital assets, to which it was applied in the Doyle Case, 247 U.S. 183, 185 , 38 S. Sup. Ct. 467, 469 (62 L. Ed. 1054).

Brief as it is, it indicates the characteristic and distinguishing attribute of income essential for a correct solution of the present controversy. The government, although basing its argument upon the definition as quoted, placed chief emphasis upon the word 'gain,' which was extended to include a variety of meanings; while the significance of the next three words was either overlooked or misconceived. 'Derived-from- capital'; 'the gain-derived-from-capital,' etc. Here we have the essential matter: not a gain accruing to capital; not a growth or increment of value in the investment; but a gain, a profit, something of exchangeable value, proceeding from the property, severed from the capital, however invested or employed, and coming in, being 'derived'-that is, received or drawn by the recipient (the taxpayer) for his separate use, benefit and disposal- that is income derived from property. Nothing else answers the description.
Please note the statement above in regard to the 16th amendment (emphasis added): "A proper regard for its genesis, as well as its very clear language, requires also that this amendment shall not be extended by loose construction, so as to repeal or modify, except as applied to income, those provisions of the Constitution that require an apportionment according to population for direct taxes upon property, real and personal." The tax on income does not require apportionment according to population for direct taxes.
That holds true regardless of the source from which the income is derived.

So, we now understand the SCOTUS position from Glenshaw Glass to be that income is an accession to wealth, clearly realized.
Payments to you for work, labor, sweat, time served or whatever source that gives you an increase in wealth is gross income subject to the income tax according to the SCOTUS. That holds whether the payer is or is not in any way connected with the federal government. That holds true for income from whatever source derived.

These rulings leave no doubt, regardless of "the possibilities" that may be imagined, that the SCOTUS has ruled payments to you from a private party that represent an accession to wealth are included in gross income subject to the income tax and are free from any apportionment requirement.

Hendrickson's, and other deniers of these rulings, ignorance or willful disregard of what the SCOTUS has stated does not give license to misrepresent what has been ruled or to pretend that the payments that increase your wealth are not subject to the income tax within any constitutional limits on taxation.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

What you state is debatable at best. It appears to be a tightly held secret. Sure though the word bar has several meaning, though not in reference to “the BAR”, “the BAR exam”, “the baby BAR”, etc.
These sorts of statements are why no one here is every going to take you seriously. The term "bar" derives from the fence in the Courtroom. Admission to the Bar is admission to practice. Young lawyers take a "Bar Examination" to determine qualifications for admission. What "the baby Bar" refers to is, to me, unknown.

I am a member of the Bars of the State of Texas, the District of Columbia, two or three Circuit Courts of Appeals, at least a half dozen federal District Courts. I am not a member of the ABA, by the way (dropped the membership several years ago). I have never heard of the British Accredited Registry except from conspiracy theorists like you.
"My Health is Better in November."
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Prof wrote: First, the BAR refers to a fence in a courtroom. Admission before the bar meant, at least in England, the right to argue in a court of law "before the bar." Look up the word. By the way, there is no such thing as the "British Acredited Registry."

Tried Googling "British Ac[c]creditet Registry", and a heap of pages in sovereign-talk turned up. Nothing official to bolster Westons claim, though...

http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&clien ... 22&spell=1

And this little gem turned up "The IBA [International Bar Association] is the foulest form of the New World Order. Concerns about the Iluminati, the Bilderbergs, and The Council Of 300 need to be momentarily cast aside. "
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

Joey Smith wrote:One could spend a lot of time learning about the heart and heart surgery, but when they pull the steakknife out of the drawer and start cutting on themselves it is something else entirely. This is basically what tax protestors do when they start filing returns based on their own research, and the result is about as bloody and totally messed up.
What an absolutely dumb analogy! Just because one is not coordinated, does that mean they can't be expert at sports trivia? Just because one is handy-capped does that prevent them from knowing every rule in soccer, know every player, know every soccer field, know every schedule, know every defense and offensive strategy? Does their physical inabilities prevent them from coaching those that do have the physical abilities to perform? Does their physical inabilities prevent them from creating new and great strategies? No it does not. In fact it in many cases would serve to have the exact opposite effect.
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

Prof wrote:
What you state is debatable at best. It appears to be a tightly held secret. Sure though the word bar has several meaning, though not in reference to “the BAR”, “the BAR exam”, “the baby BAR”, etc.
These sorts of statements are why no one here is every going to take you seriously. The term "bar" derives from the fence in the Courtroom. Admission to the Bar is admission to practice. Young lawyers take a "Bar Examination" to determine qualifications for admission. What "the baby Bar" refers to is, to me, unknown.

I am a member of the Bars of the State of Texas, the District of Columbia, two or three Circuit Courts of Appeals, at least a half dozen federal District Courts. I am not a member of the ABA, by the way (dropped the membership several years ago). I have never heard of the British Accredited Registry except from conspiracy theorists like you.
I know what a bar is, thanks for all of the additional clarification, though I think I have proven I am capable of visiting the dictionary whenever I need to. I was referring to "BAR", there is much speculation as to what it really stands for, as an acronym, call it conspiracy theory if you will. Really, it was a small point, a side issue I personally do not really care about. Regardless, do not fool yourself about where legal tradition arose from... so either way there is a hint of truth to such conspiracies. Although it does serve to prove your desperation when you makes statements such as "These sorts of statements are why no one here is every going to take you seriously.".

The baby BAR is for self-taught lawyers under an apprenticeship.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

In California, the "baby BAR" refers to a sort of mini-Bar Exam that is given to students of non-accredited law schools (think "strip mall") at the conclusion of their first year of study, if they want their hours credited towards qualifying for the real Bar, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Bar_ ... aby_Bar.22 for an explanation.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Weston White wrote:I know what a bar is, thanks for all of the additional clarification, though I think I have proven I am capable of visiting the dictionary whenever I need to. I was referring to "BAR", there is much speculation as to what it really stands for, as an acronym, call it conspiracy theory if you will. Really, it was a small point, a side issue I personally do not really care about. Regardless, do not fool yourself about where legal tradition arose from... so either way there is a hint of truth to such conspiracies. Although it does serve to prove your desperation when you makes statements such as "These sorts of statements are why no one here is every going to take you seriously.".

Speculation only by those addicted to lining their hats with aluminum foil.

Anyone who cared to spend more that ten minutes actually researching the topic would realize that "bar" is not an acronym for anything, has absolutely no connection to Great Britain, and has no arcane meaning other that what is commonly explained.

Anyone, that is, who has enough of a brain to actually do something other than parrot the inane, baseless Internet postings by their fellow aments.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Joey Smith wrote:
In California, the "baby BAR" refers to a sort of mini-Bar Exam that is given to students of non-accredited law schools (think "strip mall") at the conclusion of their first year of study, if they want their hours credited towards qualifying for the real Bar, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Bar_ ... aby_Bar.22 for an explanation.
Facts. Again with the facts. When will you learn that facts mean absolutely nothing to a person who is a conclusion in search of supporting arguments?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Weston White wrote:What you state is debatable at best. It appears to be a tightly held secret.
So tightly held that the secret is known only to people with tax liens or a history of mental problems, while completely unknown to lawyers, historians, judges, governmental officials, or anyone else whom [!!!--Weston, please watch me as I correctly use "whom" in a dependent clause, and without a net] one would expect to know about it.

It is, in fact, the perfect conspiracy, because there is absolutely no objective evidence, and the only people who know that it exists are the people who, under the conspiracy, aren't supposed to know that it exists. So the knowledge of the non-conspirators appears to disprove the existence of the conspiracy, thereby proving that the conspiracy does in fact exist.

[Thank you, thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Please remember to tip your waitress.]
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Weston White wrote:
Joey Smith wrote:One could spend a lot of time learning about the heart and heart surgery, but when they pull the steakknife out of the drawer and start cutting on themselves it is something else entirely. This is basically what tax protestors do when they start filing returns based on their own research, and the result is about as bloody and totally messed up.
What an absolutely dumb analogy! Just because one is not coordinated, does that mean they can't be expert at sports trivia? Just because one is handy-capped does that prevent them from knowing every rule in soccer, know every player, know every soccer field, know every schedule, know every defense and offensive strategy? Does their physical inabilities prevent them from coaching those that do have the physical abilities to perform? Does their physical inabilities prevent them from creating new and great strategies? No it does not. In fact it in many cases would serve to have the exact opposite effect.
It is "handicapped" and not "handy-capped."

Using your soccer analogy, if a coach argues with FIFA over the official rules because he believes they don't say what they plainly say or he believes a referee did not follow the intent of the rule. Even after the FIFA and every other professional referee tells him he is wrong, he still argues. Regardless of how much knowledge that coach believes he has, he is wrong. He can suggest to the FIFA for a change in the rules, but that doesn't mean the rules do not apply to him and his team.

It is the same with Pete Hendrickson and you. The courts have stated that Pete's theories are wrong. It is that simple. Pete Hendrickson and you are both wrong.

A tax levied on compensation, revenue, wages, magic beans, or whatever else you want to call it, that you receive in exchange for your labor is, in most instances, income and is constitutional. It is not a capitation. It does not have to be apportioned.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

It would be interesting to hear why no accredited legal, tax or constitutional theory thinks that tax protestor theories (whether direct v. indirect, capitation, or whatever) are any more than a big bag of hooey.

The simple answer is that these theories are simply wrong, sort of like some guy who subscribes to Popular Mechanics thinks that he can create fission energy from a pile of red bricks, while all the real physicists chuckle at him.
- - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - -
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

LPC wrote:
Weston White wrote:What you state is debatable at best. It appears to be a tightly held secret.
So tightly held that the secret is known only to people with tax liens or a history of mental problems, while completely unknown to lawyers, historians, judges, governmental officials, or anyone else whom [!!!--Weston, please watch me as I correctly use "whom" in a dependent clause, and without a net] one would expect to know about it.

It is, in fact, the perfect conspiracy, because there is absolutely no objective evidence, and the only people who know that it exists are the people who, under the conspiracy, aren't supposed to know that it exists. So the knowledge of the non-conspirators appears to disprove the existence of the conspiracy, thereby proving that the conspiracy does in fact exist.

[Thank you, thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Please remember to tip your waitress.]
I think he may have dislocated his tongue on that one. :roll:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Here's a test of your research skills and your reasoning skills. Under the constitution: How are senators selected nowadays? How about the vice president? Is slavery allowed?

After you've figured these things out, go back and look at your statement copied above, and tell us why it is ignorant. Do your own research and thinking for a change.
What are you referring to Amendments for such clauses? Not that this has anything to do with taxes. Though the process was amended and in doing so those Amendments were very specific to their intention, as was the XVI Amendment. And with that I repeat, never does the XVI Amendment make capitation taxes a subject of it. So I don’t follow your point, other then your attempt at confusing the real issue… at bar (that was inside joke BTW).
You were making a big deal out of the fact that the 16th Amendment didn't repeal the apportionment requirement for direct taxes, similar to the way the prohibition amendment was subsenquently repealed. I just pointed out a number of amendments that clearly have an effect, and yet did not repeal contradictory provisions in the original constitution. If you could put 2 and 2 together, you would have come to the conclusion that amendments do not need to repeal contradictory provisions in the pre-existing constitution in order to be effective. So, when the 16th Amendment says that taxes on incomes do not have to be apportioned, it means that taxes on incomes don't have to be apportioned even if the provision in the original constitution requiring apportionment of capitations and other direct taxes is still in existence. All it means is that a tax on income, to the extent that it could be considered a capitation or direct tax, is excluded from the apportionment requirement imposed on those taxes.

And the notion that a "tax on incomes" can mean only taxes that fall into some definition of "excise" and that cannot fall into the "capitation or other direct" category means that the 16th Amendment has no meaning. Why exempt a tax from the apportionment requirement unless the apportionment requirement could apply to it?
LPC

Post by LPC »

Weston White wrote:An excise tax is not a tax in consideration of labor
Taking into account the anal zeal with which tax deniers insist on the exact matching of words, you might have found a winner. I cannot readily find any court case which in which the court expressly declared that a tax on "consideration of labor" was an "excise." There are lots of cases stating that the federal tax on income from labor is constitutional, and lots of other cases stating that a tax on income (including income from employment) is an excise, but I have not (yet) found a case declaring that income from "labor" is an "excise."

There are even cases upholding the application of the federal income tax that use both "labor" and "excise" in the same opinion, but not in the same sentence.

Disclaimer: These research results might not be an effective defense at your criminal trial.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Weston White wrote:incomes is not money earned in consideration of labor, you could call it ones revenue but not ones ‘income’, not within the meaning of the law.
This is when I want to tell the story about Abraham Lincoln and about how calling a tail a "leg" doesn't make it a leg.

But what's the point, because WW wouldn't get it.

Yes, you're right, Weston. You can evade taxes as long as you describe the money you receive using the right homonym [sic].

If you call the money you receive "revenue" instead of "income," then you become invisible and the government will never see you.

It's a sure-fire strategy, and you need to tell all your pals at losthorizons.com right away. Especially Pete. Maybe he'll cut you in on a piece of his jail time.
Dan Evans
LPC

Post by LPC »

Weston White wrote:
LPC wrote:In a unanimous opinion in 1869, Chief Justice Chase wrote:
“Must [sic?] diversity of opinion has always prevailed upon the question, what are direct taxes? Attempts to answer it by reference to the definitions of political economists have been frequently made, but without satisfactory results. The enumeration of the different kinds of taxes which Congress was authorized to impose was probably made with very little reference to their speculations. The great work of Adam Smith, the first comprehensive treatise on political economy in the English language, had then been recently published; but in this work, though there are passages which refer to the characteristic difference between direct and indirect taxation, there is nothing which affords any valuable light on the use of the words 'direct taxes' in the Constitution.
Veazie Bank v. Fenno, 75 U.S. 533, 541-542 (1869).

This sentiment was followed in the second Pollock decision, in which the majority stated:
This court is again urged to consider this question in the light of the theories advanced by political economists. But Chief Justice Chase, delivering the judgment of this court in Bank v. Fenno, 8 Wall. 533, 541, observed that the enumeration of the different kinds of taxes that congress was authorized to impose was probably made with very little reference to the speculations of political economists, and that there was nothing in the great work of Adam Smith, published shortly before the meeting of the convention of 1787, that gave any light on the meaning of the words 'direct taxes' in the constitution.
Pollock v. Farmers’ Loan & Trust Co., 158 U.S. 601, 641-642 (1895).
Again OMG, is that all you people have, really is that it?
Yeah, that's it. Just two Supreme Court opinions, directly on point, unambiguous, and never over-ruled.

And you, you've got exclamation marks, and "OMG" (which is SO cool, by the way).

I feel so inadequate and foolish.
Dan Evans
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

I feel so inadequate and foolish.
I already posted about this, I do not believe there was ever a response to it. That is dealing with the question of what are 'direct taxes' it is not dealing with the question of what are capitation taxes. Time to smell the coffee, for it has been brewing for some time now.