News Alert! Tax Protestor Successful in Court!

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

News Alert! Tax Protestor Successful in Court!

Post by Imalawman »

Associated Press
April 1, 2009 - for immediate release

Man beats the IRS in Court
Saganaw, Wisconsin

Fred Wilkenson, a native of Saganaw received good news from the judge of his civil tax case yesterday. The judge, Alexander Smith, a 10 year veteran of the US Tax Court (the court which hears most tax cases in the US), ruled in Mr. Wilkenson's favor and declared that his private sector wages were not subject to the income tax. From the ruling - "while the Service is correct in that wages have always been declared taxable by every US court that has ruled upon the subject, that does not mean that they have all been necessarily correct in that determination." Judge Smith went on to say, "it is true that Mr. Wilkenson has no serious legal education, yet, his arguments stunningly show that the erudite interpretations of the IRC over the last 100 years have been grossly in error."

Mr. McIngle, counsel for the IRS issued this statement, "we have decided not to appeal this decision. For years we thought that IRC Sec. 61 taxed income derived from all sources, but at trial it become clear that this could not possibly mean that because of the writings of the founding fathers, Adam Smith, and the Declaration of the Independence." Mr. McIngle continued, "the Service was too focused on the current law and failed to consider the tax law from the 1860's. Clearly we will no longer require most persons to pay tax on their incomes."

This news could not come at a worst time for the Obama administration as there is already a growing tax gap that they wish to fill. Now the administration will have to find another source of income other than private sector wages. While no case law or other current statutes were cited in Judge Smith's opinion, the opinion does cite to the federalist papers and the Magna Carta in sparse amounts. Mainly, Judge Smith opined that the US was founded on liberty and freedom and taxing private sector wages clearly violated this fundamental principal.

Mr. Wilkenson was interviewed at his double-wide trailer just outside the city limits of Saganaw. "I firmly believed that one day the truth would come out and the slaves to the system would be set free" Mr. Wilkenson said. While he has not worked for compensation in 2 years, his tax liability in this case was generated by the wages earned as a pool cleaner, a job he held until he was let go because of his refusal to allow the company to withhold taxes on his wages. While he lost previous cases for previous years, he knew that despite the mounting penalties and interest, he would one day use the right combination of words which would win his case. When asked what that combination of words is, he replied, "I will be posting them online for those that purchase my de-tax package for $4,000". Mr. Wilkenson credits numerous online sources for enabling him to overcome the legal authority against his position. Mr. Wilkenson will now pursue a career in the de-tax field.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Re: News Alert! Tax Protestor Successful in Court!

Post by Prof »

I know that it is April Fool's, but I'll bet this spreads like wildfire on the net.
"My Health is Better in November."
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Q20 says Weston picks up this ball and runs with it.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Imalawman wrote:Associated Press
April 1, 2009 - for immediate release

Man beats the IRS in Court
Saganaw, Wisconsin

Fred Wilkenson, a native of Saganaw received a good news from the judge of his civil tax case yesterday. The judge, Alexander Smith, a 10 year veteran of the US Tax Court (the court which hears most tax cases in the US), ruled in Mr. Wilkenson's favor and declared that his private sector wages were not subject to the income tax. From the ruling - "while the Service is correct in that wages have always been declared taxable by every US court that has ruled upon the subject, that does not mean that they have all been necessarily correct in that determination." Judge Smith went on to say, "it is true that Mr. Wilkenson has no serious legal education, yet, his arguments stunningly show that the erudite interpretations of the IRC over the last 100 years have been grossly in error."

Mr. McIngle, counsel for the IRS issued this statement, "we have decided not to appeal this decision. For years we thought that IRC Sec. 61 taxed income derived from all sources, but at trial it become clear that this could not possibly mean that because of the writings of the founding fathers, Adam Smith, and the Declaration of the Independence." Mr. McIngle continued, "the Service was too focused on the current law and failed to consider the tax law from the 1860's. Clearly we will no longer require most persons to pay tax on their incomes."

This news could not come at a worst time for the Obama administration as there is already a growing tax gap that they wish to fill. Now the administration will have to find another source of income other than private sector wages. While no case law or other current statutes were cited in Judge Smith's opinion, the opinion does cite to the federalist papers and the Magna Carta in sparse amounts. Mainly, Judge Smith opined that the US was founded on liberty and freedom and taxing private sector wages clearly violated this fundamental principal.

Mr. Wilkenson was interviewed at his double-wide trailer just outside the city limits of Saganaw. "I firmly believed that one day the truth would come out and the slaves to the system would be set free" Mr. Wilkenson said. While he has not worked for compensation in 2 years, his tax liability in this case was generated by the wages earned as a pool cleaner, a job he held until he was let go because of his refusal to allow the company to withhold taxes on his wages. While he lost previous cases for previous years, he knew that despite the mounting penalties and interest, he would one day use the right combination of words which would win his case. When asked what that combination of words is, he replied, "I will be posting them online for those that purchase my de-tax package for $4,000". Mr. Wilkenson credits numerous online sources for enabling him to overcome the legal authority against his position. Mr. Wilkenson will now pursue a career in the de-tax field.
:P

Darn. I am now out of a job.

Well, I've got a backup -- that exciting career in tulip eradication that I've always wanted to pursue.
:lol:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

I half-finished an article about Obama issuing a blanket pardon for all tax crimes and Irwin Schiff being released from prison. It also included a funny exchange between Schiff and Demo about her book, alas I was too busy to finish it in time.
Kimokeo

Post by Kimokeo »

I thought this story was being run by the Disassociated Press
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

You neglected to post the last paragraphs of the news report.

Mr. Wilkenson was aided in his research by Weston White, a self-taught, legal researcher, and recent refugee from Lost Horizons, a web-forum dedicated to the extensive legal research of Pete Hendrickson. Mr. Hendrickson currently faces trial on charges he filed false and fraudulent returns, based on similar arguments, but that trial is now in doubt.

Mr. Hendrickson commented that he was "Sorry he had banned Mr. White from his site!" but that he looked forward to welcoming him back and hoped Mr. White could forgive him. Mr. White has continued his studies since being banned. Mr. Wilkenson's case represents the first victory for his "capitation theory" of taxation, adapted from the work of Dr. Adam Smith.

Mr. White is available for consultation and can be contacted at WW@Quatloos.com
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

First I get an e-mail ad that says I'm related to Barak Obama (which I'm sure is true in a darwinian since at least) and now this, which I read a pargraphof before realizing the date etc...

that's it, bring me some thorazine and Wild Turkey so we can end this day
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
absdes96
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by absdes96 »

(Smack myself on the forehead!)

Imalawman,

I actually went out the AP site and looked for that blasted article - only to come back and realize it was well-written prank.

Though my BS detector is not as well-developed as I would like to believe, I am starting to catch-on to the twisted humor you folks have. Good job.

Thanks for the laugh.
The mongoose of a disciplined mind and will is more than a match for the cobra of desire and emotion. - Professor Dallas Willard, USC
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

absdes96 wrote:I actually went out the AP site and looked for that blasted article - only to come back and realize it was well-written prank.
This forum tends to careen wildly from serious analysis to wild parodies and back again, mainly because it is difficult to take tax protester lunacy seriously for long periods of time.

(And I hope that you see the facetiousness of my comment in another thread about your "mindless" acceptance of what the IRC and the Supreme Court say.)

And welcome to the Q dimension.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

And in a follow-up, the IRS releases the following statement (pick one):

a) Yeah, well, we feel kind of stupid now. I mean, believing that wages=income, what the h*** were we thinking. This is rather embarrassing, but I hope we can all move on now.

b) Come on, consider the tens of thousands of people with a vested interest in keeping the status quo. Agents, judges, lawyers. They have kids to feed, people. Can´t we all just forget this little mishap, and keep everything as it was? Please.

c) So this is how you want it? Right! If we can't rule you through guile, we'll resort to force. Release the hounds!
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Thule nailed it.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Dateline Washington Post -- today:

Prominent Tax Protester Debunker Publishes Book
absdes96
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by absdes96 »

LPC wrote:
absdes96 wrote:I actually went out the AP site and looked for that blasted article - only to come back and realize it was well-written prank.
This forum tends to careen wildly from serious analysis to wild parodies and back again, mainly because it is difficult to take tax protester lunacy seriously for long periods of time.

(And I hope that you see the facetiousness of my comment in another thread about your "mindless" acceptance of what the IRC and the Supreme Court say.)

And welcome to the Q dimension.
Yeah...I actually caught that one. I read that entire thread and realized that the other individual views himself as a crusader.

I must say that I am impressed with the great lengths many of you go to show someone the path she/he is walking down. And all this legal advice and insight you folks offer is for free?!?. Amidst all the jabs, it is clear to me you folks are trying to prevent people from sabotaging their lives.
The mongoose of a disciplined mind and will is more than a match for the cobra of desire and emotion. - Professor Dallas Willard, USC
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

absdes96 wrote:I must say that I am impressed with the great lengths many of you go to show someone the path she/he is walking down. And all this legal advice and insight you folks offer is for free?!?. Amidst all the jabs, it is clear to me you folks are trying to prevent people from sabotaging their lives.
No, we are doing it for the tons of illicit money we are raking in by forcing people to pay for a imaginary tax authorized by a law that never existed which was written by a bunch of phony nobles created by the BAR.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
absdes96
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by absdes96 »

CaptainKickback wrote:
The Observer wrote:
absdes96 wrote:I must say that I am impressed with the great lengths many of you go to show someone the path she/he is walking down. And all this legal advice and insight you folks offer is for free?!?. Amidst all the jabs, it is clear to me you folks are trying to prevent people from sabotaging their lives.
No, we are doing it for the tons of illicit money we are raking in by forcing people to pay for a imaginary tax authorized by a law that never existed which was written by a bunch of phony nobles created by the BAR.
I do it for the babes - they think its sex-ay!
Money and Babes? Hmmmm....When is the next sitting for the LSAT?
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Mr Smith has a double wide. He is rich.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit