So much for the new Liberty Dollar leader

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: So much for the new Liberty Dollar leader

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

notorial dissent wrote:Steve, there is no condition under which the purchasers of Libbys could not lose money. They have NO face value, the only value they have is the putative value of what ever precious metal they may contain, and there is no serious market or use for them, and the true irony of the whole thing, is that their putative value is based soley upon the value of the so called worthless FRN’s used to purchase them.

The ONLY reason the Libbys were created was to separate the gullible and simple from their “worthless” FRN’s. Libbys were and are a fraud, and it is only in minor degree that they differ from any other con job.

To put it bluntly, and particularly for you, simply, there is no way or situation under which the purchasers of the Libbys were not going to lose. They were purchased for at least twice their actual, putative metal content, their “face value” is a fraud, and they are not and cannot be what they are touted to be. This is plain and simple fraud any way you look at it, or at least any sane rational person would look at it.

The horse is dead Steve, quit beating it.

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

notorial dissent wrote:Steve, there is no condition under which the purchasers of Libbys could not lose money. They have NO face value, the only value they have is the putative value of what ever precious metal they may contain, and there is no serious market or use for them, and the true irony of the whole thing, is that their putative value is based soley upon the value of the so called worthless FRN’s used to purchase them.

They aren't tied to FRN's. Their metal value is controlled by the silver market. FRN's could totally collapse in value and libbies would still retain value even if you melted them down, which of course is not the intended purpose.

There are merchants that accept them at face value, so they have a "face value".
The ONLY reason the Libbys were created was to separate the gullible and simple from their “worthless” FRN’s. Libbys were and are a fraud, and it is only in minor degree that they differ from any other con job.

They're not a fraud...No one is forced to accept these. No one is duped in to believing the weight in silver is equal to market value. They are used as a method to barter with, with the added benefit of always having a value regardless if the U.S dollar loses value. If the U.S. dollar loses value the libbies you purchase today lose nothing, they will only gain in value.

If libbies were issued in 1970 that 1970 libbie would be worth far more than its face value if melted down.

They're used to barter with just like many of the other bartering schemes widely available today. Instead of stamps or using a barter card its silver. You've just swallowed the DOJ utter nonsense by the gallon.
To put it bluntly, and particularly for you, simply, there is no way or situation under which the purchasers of the Libbys were not going to lose. They were purchased for at least twice their actual, putative metal content, their “face value” is a fraud, and they are not and cannot be what they are touted to be. This is plain and simple fraud any way you look at it, or at least any sane rational person would look at it.

They aren't an investment in silver, no one has ever said people should buy these to invest in silver. U.S. dollar coins are totally worthless when melted down. Their only value is that they can be exchanged for goods at the marked face value. Same with the libbies except the merchants are limited...so what. More an more merchants accept them all the time. Just like there is a limited amount of merchants that accept the many other forms of barter schemes available. That doesn't make them a rip off. No one said every merchant accepts them or must accept them.

Take for instance this outfit: http://www.merchantsbarter.com/howMBEworks.htm
What is a credit worth? Nothing, its only value is that you can exchange it for services or goods to a limited membership. At least with the liberty dollar it still retains value regardless if its used or not.

You just construct strawman after strawman in order to have an argument.
Last edited by SteveSy on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It is my opinion that if there is such a total apocalypse that US currency no longer has value, people will soon realize that silver and gold coins or bullion have no intrinsic value either. You can't eat them, burn them, put them in a car's gas tank, or patch clothes with them. Probably canned food would become the new currency in such a situation. At that point someone will start marketing Soylent Green.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

fortinbras wrote:It is my opinion that if there is such a total apocalypse that US currency no longer has value, people will soon realize that silver and gold coins or bullion have no intrinsic value either. You can't eat them, burn them, put them in a car's gas tank, or patch clothes with them. Probably canned food would become the new currency in such a situation. At that point someone will start marketing Soylent Green.
That's really silly.....If the U.S. currency collapses gold and silver will go through the roof. People will just use gold and silver to barter with to purchase goods. Its a hell of a lot easier to trade an ounce of gold than it is to carry around a couple hundred pounds of goods to trade with.

Was gold worthless in Argentina or Germany when their currency collapsed...not a chance. Gold and Silver become the de facto currency when that happens, its the only method other countries will accept payment for imports.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

fortinbras wrote:Probably canned food would become the new currency in such a situation.
And food pantries will rule the world!
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

FRN's could totally collapse in value and libbies would still retain value even if you melted them down
What would the value of silver be based in? If FRNs (and presumably euros and pounds along with them) are worthless, how do silver coins have any value? You claim silver prices will go through the roof, but if the dollar is worthless, what have you gained?

If I owned canned goods, why would I trade them for a shiny bauble such as a silver coin? I would more likely trade them for meat, car parts, ammo, etc.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Randall wrote:
FRN's could totally collapse in value and libbies would still retain value even if you melted them down
What would the value of silver be based in? If FRNs (and presumably euros and pounds along with them) are worthless, how do silver coins have any value? You claim silver prices will go through the roof, but if the dollar is worthless, what have you gained?
Come on you're not that stupid, at least I hope not. You could exchange them for another currency or whatever U.S. dollars happen to convert to at the time, a million per ounce whatever. Gold and silver have been respected for exchange for thousands of years. Some goods are not obtainable by local barter. Especially materials primarily made in other countries. Some form of universal currency is a requirement. Gold and Silver are just the best choice for that, they have always been that way and that isn't going to change.

If I owned canned goods, why would I trade them for a shiny bauble such as a silver coin? I would more likely trade them for meat, car parts, ammo, etc.
:roll:

Either you're not using that pea you have or you're just being intentionally stupid. A stable form of currency is a requirement in order to operate an economy. Gold and silver just happen to be the best choice because their value is respected world wide, its easy to coin, and easy to trade. A one ounce coin of gold is much easier to transfer than a thousand cans of soup. If the gas station owner needs a gun but has plenty of soup and all you have is soup then you find someone who needs soup who has a gun and then trade the gun. Its a little easier to hand the gas station a gold coin which represents the value of a AK47 and he uses it to buy whatever he wants. This is just fundamental. Even if the U.S. dollar collapses a currency, whatever that is, must take its place. Something easy, something that is accepted world wide is the best choice, gold and silver have always been the ultimate and final currency in the end. When countries go broke like Argentina and Germany they pay their creditors with gold.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Steve is correct. Silver in Marks went up to over a billion marks per ounce!

Imagine: One billion Marks. Of course that's about 1 FRN at the time.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

SteveSy wrote: If the gas station owner needs a gun
Why would a gas station owner need a gun in a post apocalyptic world?

Did Mad Max need a gun?
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

SteveSy wrote:[
Come on you're not that stupid, at least I hope not. You could exchange them for another currency or whatever U.S. dollars happen to convert to at the time, a million per ounce whatever. Gold and silver have been respected for exchange for thousands of years. Some goods are not obtainable by local barter. Especially materials primarily made in other countries. Some form of universal currency is a requirement. Gold and Silver are just the best choice for that, they have always been that way and that isn't going to change.

:roll:

Either you're not using that pea you have or you're just being intentionally stupid. A stable form of currency is a requirement in order to operate an economy. Gold and silver just happen to be the best choice because their value is respected world wide, its easy to coin, and easy to trade. A one ounce coin of gold is much easier to transfer than a thousand cans of soup. If the gas station owner needs a gun but has plenty of soup and all you have is soup then you find someone who needs soup who has a gun and then trade the gun. Its a little easier to hand the gas station a gold coin which represents the value of a AK47 and he uses it to buy whatever he wants. This is just fundamental. Even if the U.S. dollar collapses a currency, whatever that is, must take its place. Something easy, something that is accepted world wide is the best choice, gold and silver have always been the ultimate and final currency in the end. When countries go broke like Argentina and Germany they pay their creditors with gold.
The problem is that there is not guarantee that libbies are truly silver. Sure, it can be tested, but there is no guarantee that coins minted by a private mint are silver. Precious metal coins and bars minted by one of the several respected mints worldwide (including the U.S. Mint) are going to be accepted as containing a certain amount of silver without any testing.

In your scenario, the purchase of libbies is still an idiotic idea. If the U.S. dollar collapses as a currency, the world metal markets will begin trading precious metals using another base currency. Even if society as a whole collapses and everyone, everywhere, begins using gold and silver for purchasing necessities, the face value of the coins will be irrelevant. What will be relevant is the amount of silver or other precious metal within the coin and how many people trust that it really contains that amount.

Regardless of whether or not the U.S. currency ever collapses, purchase of libbies is just plain stupid. A person would be better off buying silver coins and bullion from the U.S. Mint. It may have a face value of $1, but nothing is stopping anybody from bartering with it like they supposedly do with the libby. The only difference is that the U.S. Silver Eagle is legal currency and can be traded to a coin dealer for a reasonable amount of dollars at any time.

When a person barters with a libby with an unsuspecting person who does not know how much that silver is currently worth on the market, that unsuspecting person may be fooled into believing that silver is currently trading at $20 or $50 an ounce which is false. That is representing that something is worth significantly more than it truly is and as far as I am concerned, that is fraud.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

April 20th, 2009
Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters:
Thank you for trying to order the new 2009 Tea Party Dollar.
Unfortunately, we were not informed of a day long outage by our new card processor! This outage was exactly the same time as the Tea Party Dollar special offer! What interesting timing?! Due to this most unfortunate timing we have extended the order time until 9:00 AM CDT tomorrow, Tuesday, April 21, 2009.
This is the first and last opportunity to get 100 $1 Tea Party Dollars for only $0.90 each with FREE SHIPPING.
Projected delivery time is a week before the Fourth of July and just in time for the new Tea Party demonstrations on that all important national holiday!
Please click HERE to order.
PS: Don't forget about the special Tea Party Dollar flag with all orders over 100 TP Dollars…
HERE IS THE ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT………………………
Alert: Tea Party Dollar Special
URGENT Message for all Liberty Dollar Supporters!
My hat off to Jeff and his band of "Kotchounians" who were so fired up by the tremendous Tea Party demonstrations that they came up with a terrific new dollar for the Fourth of July demonstrations overnight!
Announcing: 2009 Tea Party Dollar for a buck! Just imagine going to the next tax demonstrations with your very own $1 Tea Party Dollar! WOW!! And you can get it for less than a dollar - with those dreaded depreciating non-Federal non-Reserve IOUs! - if you respond within the next 24 HOURS.

2009 Tea Party Dollar $1

Every $1 Tea Party Dollar measures 39mm that is larger than the old US Silver Dollar and contains one full ounce of pure copper. One ounce for one buck! So simple even the government should be able to understand it… but probably won't!! But you can for only $0.90 if you respond to this Special Pre-Offer before the deadline. Plus FREE shipping on this offer only!
If you want to be sure to get your own $1 Tea Party Dollar, you must order before the deadline! Only pre-orders for a minimum of 100 are possible. Sorry we just can't do onesies and twosies at this time as we must place our order by close of business on MONDAY.
But WAIT!!! Here is a SPECIAL Bonus: Order over 100 Tea Party Dollars and we will gift you a FREE Super 3 X 5 foot Tea Party Dollar flag for your Fourth of July demonstration!
DEADLINE to pre-order is 5:00 PM CDT. This Special Offer will be promptly removed from the shopping cart at that time. Sorry if you want a Tea Party Dollar after that date, you will have to get it from someone who participated in this very special pre-sale offer.
Remember every copper issue has SOLD OUT. To date all five copper orders are selling for more that a buck! In fact, the copper Ron Paul Dollar is over $15 on eBay right now! The last Copper Libertys are already over $2 and currently offered at $4 on the Liberty Dollar site. You can't go wrong for a buck!!!
My sincere thanks to Jeff, his merry band of "Kotchounians," and all the ACTIVE supporters of the Liberty Dollar for this terrific idea. It doesn't take a village to raise a child… but it takes your active support to return our great country to a value based currency and NO TAXES like it was before 1913!!!
TAKE ACTION! DEATH TO FIAT!! USE REAL MONEY!!!
PS: Don't forget about ordering some Silver Liberty Dollars at new bullion pricing of only $2 over spot plus FREE and IMMEDIATE shipping!!! Just click HERE.
Bernard von NotHaus
Monetary Architect
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

The Operative wrote:The problem is that there is not guarantee that libbies are truly silver. Sure, it can be tested, but there is no guarantee that coins minted by a private mint are silver. Precious metal coins and bars minted by one of the several respected mints worldwide (including the U.S. Mint) are going to be accepted as containing a certain amount of silver without any testing.
It's a barter mechanism...nothing more. Do you have evidence that libbies are not solid silver?
When I was a kid my dad used to buy silver bullion all the time. I took my allowance sometimes and bought silver. One time I smashed the hell out of one thinking I was going to bend it in to a shape, I failed of course. In any case I took this smashed slug to the dealer and tested it with some kind of liquid. He weighed it and promptly gave me my money, while telling me it was a stupid thing to do.
In your scenario, the purchase of libbies is still an idiotic idea. If the U.S. dollar collapses as a currency, the world metal markets will begin trading precious metals using another base currency. Even if society as a whole collapses and everyone, everywhere, begins using gold and silver for purchasing necessities, the face value of the coins will be irrelevant. What will be relevant is the amount of silver or other precious metal within the coin and how many people trust that it really contains that amount.
They traded privately minted coins all the time back in the gold rush.
Regardless of whether or not the U.S. currency ever collapses, purchase of libbies is just plain stupid. A person would be better off buying silver coins and bullion from the U.S. Mint. It may have a face value of $1, but nothing is stopping anybody from bartering with it like they supposedly do with the libby. The only difference is that the U.S. Silver Eagle is legal currency and can be traded to a coin dealer for a reasonable amount of dollars at any time.

Its a means to barter with just like all those other barter systems out there that use stamps, paper or digital credits. Get a grip...your arguments are really silly. You're not buying them for the silver itself, that's just and added benefit like gold is in a ring.
When a person barters with a libby with an unsuspecting person who does not know how much that silver is currently worth on the market, that unsuspecting person may be fooled into believing that silver is currently trading at $20 or $50 an ounce which is false. That is representing that something is worth significantly more than it truly is and as far as I am concerned, that is fraud.
Whatever :roll:

No one is making that claim, only you are. How many people do you have evidence of that have been ripped off like that....zip, zilch, zero.

If you're looking for fraud why not focus on real fraud like when the government takes a tax called social security when in fact it doesn't go to social security at all. No one has a real account, there is no trust fund that contains money, there's nothing no guarantee whatsoever you'll get anything. But they sure make it look like there's some kind of retirement fund you're paying in that you have a claim to. But you won't say anything about that fraud will you because the koolaid you're drinking happens to be provided by them.

What about the fact that FRN's have lost over 90% of their value since they were created, not even a libby will ever lose that much value. It's just silly that you claim people might get ripped off as if the alternative is so much better. The FRN's track record is utterly pitiful.

But beyond all that, liberty dollars are not to be used to invest in silver. They are simply a method to barter with. Just like the many other systems available except there is no guarantee whatsoever that the credits, stamps, or paper you get from them will ever have any redeemable value if the barter system they are based on closes up shop. At least with Libbies you have a type of insurance policy that insures you will get something.

I do not own them, I have never had them but I think its a great idea. Its certainly better than the other methods out there. All it needs is more people using them and more merchants to accept them to make them more attractive. Having them contain silver of gold is just a bonus.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Everyone step back a minute and take a breath. I know this is Sybil, but we have gotten to the point here where the argument making any sense depends on the collapse of the US Economy (without having much effect ont eh rest of the world) and some kind of scene that has a lot of extras from B movies running the "US Outlands Territorial Government"

I say we concede at that,

Okay Steve, if that ever happens, one might be glad to have some libbies out boack of the double wide.

can we make it stop now?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

SteveSy wrote:
The Operative wrote:When a person barters with a libby with an unsuspecting person who does not know how much that silver is currently worth on the market, that unsuspecting person may be fooled into believing that silver is currently trading at $20 or $50 an ounce which is false. That is representing that something is worth significantly more than it truly is and as far as I am concerned, that is fraud.
Whatever :roll:

No one is making that claim, only you are. How many people do you have evidence of that have been ripped off like that....zip, zilch, zero.
FROM THE LIBERTY DOLLAR WEBSITE....
6. Now the hardest part - don't say anything! Just wait. Let the person marvel at its beauty, weight, and discover it says TWENTY DOLLARS. When asked "Is it real?" Answer: "Yes, one ounce of silver PRIVATE currency valued at 20 dollars." Do not rush. Just stand there and wait, patiently. No need to smile. Just wait.
Right there Bernard von Nutball is instructing people to misrepresent the value of the coins.
SteveSy wrote:If you're looking for fraud why not focus on real fraud like when the government takes a tax called social security when in fact it doesn't go to social security at all. No one has a real account, there is no trust fund that contains money, there's nothing no guarantee whatsoever you'll get anything. But they sure make it look like there's some kind of retirement fund you're paying in that you have a claim to. But you won't say anything about that fraud will you because the koolaid you're drinking happens to be provided by them.
What would you recommend the money collected for social security be invested in? How about something that is widely considered to be the safest investment in the world?
SteveSy wrote:What about the fact that FRN's have lost over 90% of their value since they were created, not even a libby will ever lose that much value. It's just silly that you claim people might get ripped off as if the alternative is so much better. The FRN's track record is utterly pitiful.
Yet libbies lost over 50% of their "value" in just a few months. Not even FRNs have ever done that. Every person who buys a libby is ripped off. The only way they can recoup their loss is to convince some unsuspecting sap to be ripped off as well.
SteveSy wrote:But beyond all that, liberty dollars are not to be used to invest in silver. They are simply a method to barter with. Just like the many other systems available except there is no guarantee whatsoever that the credits, stamps, or paper you get from them will ever have any redeemable value if the barter system they are based on closes up shop. At least with Libbies you have a type of insurance policy that insures you will get something.
Then you cannot say a person who bought an original libby hasn't lost money because, according to you, he or she should have spent them already.
SteveSy wrote:I do not own them, I have never had them but I think its a great idea. Its certainly better than the other methods out there. All it needs is more people using them and more merchants to accept them to make them more attractive. Having them contain silver of gold is just a bonus.
So you think it is a great idea to spend $20 to get something worth $12? :roll:
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

CaptainKickback wrote:From a strictly cost-analysis view, Libbies stink on ice. Precious metal ingots and precious metal coins from the US, Canadian, PRC, or South African government mints have a lower acquisition cost per ounce than Libbies do.

The interesting thing to note is that if Von NotHaus had not gone off the deep end, he probably could have made far mor as an engraver for the Franklin Mint, or somesuch precious metals collectibles organization. What a dink.
Von Nut Haus is keepin' it real, he don't put out for da' man!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

The Operative wrote:So you think it is a great idea to spend $20 to get something worth $12? :roll:
Its worth $20. I can go spend them at places that take them and get $20 of services or goods. How much is a coin dollar worth if melted down, a penny? If I can trade something for something marked $20 FRN then its frigging worth $20 numbnuts regardless of the value of the materials used to make the item being traded. They're used for barter not to invest in silver. How much is a barter stamp worth if you tried to sell the paper....come on, you're being retarded.
Last edited by SteveSy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

SteveSy wrote:
The Operative wrote:So you think it is a great idea to spend $20 to get something worth $12? :roll:
Its worth $20. I can go spend them at places that take them and get $20 of services or goods. How much is a coin dollar worth if melted down, a penny? If I can trade something for something marked $20 FRN then its frigging worth $20 numbnuts. They're used for barter not to invest in silver. How much is a barter stamp worth if you tried to sell the paper....come on, you're being retarded.
If I walk into 100 stores with a "$20" Libby, how many are going to give me $20 in goods for it? One? Can I spend it at the local supermarket? No. Can I spend it on Amazon? No. You can spend it at your local muffler shop where the owner dropped out of school in 8th grade, but apart from that it's as good as a boat anchor.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Lambkin wrote:If I walk into 100 stores with a "$20" Libby, how many are going to give me $20 in goods for it? One? Can I spend it at the local supermarket? No. Can I spend it on Amazon? No. You can spend it at your local muffler shop where the owner dropped out of school in 8th grade, but apart from that it's as good as a boat anchor.
Actually there's a lot of places in Austin that take them. The problem is the government is trying to screw people so that libbys die a miserable death. If the government left them alone its likely they'll be accepted by a lot more vendors.

Many barter groups have a limited membership...it takes time but after a while if the government doesn't screw things up you can get just about anything with it.

There's a few merchants around Austin
Pignotti Music Studios, Texas
The Hearty Vegan, Texas
Josh Robertson - Mural Artist, Texas
R and D Motors, Texas
Specialty Auto Sales, Texas
Capitol Bookkeeping, Texas
Hog Wild, Texas
Austin Deck Cleaners, Texas
La Prensa, Texas
Give Me Liberty, Texas
Liberty Income Tax, Texas
Brazos Trading Post, Texas
Days Inn, Texas
Mandarin House, Texas
North Loop Sign and Graphics Shop, Texas
Krc, Texas
Pizza Terra, Texas
New American Currency Exchanger, Texas
Texas Pizza Pastas and More, Texas
Keceph, Texas
Ticket City, Texas
DigiEffects, Texas
Erik Sledd - Independent Computer Technician, Texas
Texans Against Intrusive Government, Texas
One World Shops, Ltd., Texas
Waterless Carwash, Texas
Jon Bullock Private Investigations, Texas
Arrow Custom Plastics, Texas
Austin Affordable Furniture, Texas
Louto Liberty Light, Texas
C. Guadalupe Contreras, Texas
Philips 2 Log, Texas
Hong Kong Supermarket, Inc., Texas
Non-Fed Up Back, Texas
Scruffy's Food Mart, Texas
BuilderServices.Org, Texas
Special Agent Group - Neil Stokes, Texas
China Inn Restaurant, Texas
Theresa Woodsong, Texas
La Casa Del Taco Mexican Restaurant, Texas
Veggie Heaven, Texas
Soldiers Creek Jewelry & Gifts, Texas
Alexandre Enterprises, Texas
Hunan River Garden, Texas
Daily Juice Co., Texas
Los Tres Reyes, Texas
The Cosmic Touch, Texas
Contract Services Company, Texas
Liberty Granite Works, Texas
Lone Star Gold, Texas
Lakeway Liberty Associates, Texas
Bountiful Life Alliance, Texas
Haby Building, Texas
Conroe Liberty Associate, Texas
North West Silver and Gold Service, Texas
Berachah Ministry, Texas
Kenny's Barber Shop, Texas
Silver 4 Texas, Texas
Small Office Home Office Solutions, Texas
NEWPRONET CORP / LibertyToner.com, Texas
ELM Liberty Associates, Texas
The Freedom Center, Texas
RAnthony Steele, Architect, Texas
A Simple Touch, Texas
Buffalo Creek Liberty Assay Office, Texas
Independent Advantage, Texas
Liberty Dollar of Austin, Texas
Oignorance Tax dot com, Texas
Central Texas Wellness Center, Texas
The EnPro Group, LLC, Texas
Aaron Hamre Band, Texas
Hill Country Liberty Center, Texas
Antoine Grocery, Texas
Instant Passport Photos LTD, Texas
Mick Johnson, Texas
HandyKaneWeddings.com, Texas
Hi - Ho Silver Exchange, Texas
Silver Dove RC, Texas
A Wild Texas Soap Bar, Texas
01 Gold Barter Holdings, Texas
DSoft Solutions, Texas
Travis Chiropractic Center, Texas
Lightning Financial of Katy, Texas
Prosperity Rocks, Texas
Lightning Financial of Irving, Texas
The Golden Legacy Financial Consulting, Texas
Bernardo de Galvez, Texas
Nowakowski's ATA Black Belt Academy, Texas
Todd McLeod Liberty Associate, Texas
Exposure of the Truth, Texas
Houston Barter Exchange, Texas
City of Stafford Redemption, Texas
Martin Braun USA, Texas
Patriot Funding, Texas
For A Kingdom Resource, Texas
PMX Incorporated, Texas
The Silver Coop, Texas
School Of Truth, Texas
Freedom Run, Texas
Kris Brown Guitar Instruction Studio, Texas
Happy Cab of Texas, LLC, Texas
Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas, Texas
Dib's, Texas
Image Automotive, Texas
Zoeco, Texas
Phase III, Texas
HandyKaneWeddings.com, Texas
PermacultureDesign, Texas
LIBERTY'S OF N.TEXAS, Texas
Movinup, Texas
David Cornwell Liberty Associate, Texas
TAR Financial Services, LLC, Texas
thebumpersticker.com, Texas
The Return of Freedom, Texas
GFV,LLC, Texas
Hill country exchange center, Texas
Waterloo Exchange Center, Texas
SIteRiver Web Design and Hosting, Texas
Germination Inck Media, Texas
Allgen Computer Warehouse, Texas
Dynasty Chinese Restaurant, Texas
THOMCO PRODUCTS, Texas
Griffin Redemptin Center, Texas
Jarbo Bayou Trading Post, Texas
Lead Management Consultants, Texas
Sign of the Dollar, Texas
Pt Lavaca Liberty Associate, Texas
AJ Processing, Texas
RC's Discount Bakery, Texas
Star Tech PC, Texas
Corner Collector's Market, Texas
Shell, Texas
Unity Design, Texas
Joe's Home Hardware, Texas
Hardie Mortgage Advisory Group, Texas
Madam Ruth Palm & Card Readings Psychic, Texas
Dairy Queen, Texas
Mekong River, Texas
Taqueria Arandas #4, Texas
At Your Service, Texas
Naturallighting.com, Texas
Waco Silver Exchange, Texas
ASAP Insurance Agency, Texas
Stars Coffee Shop, Texas
RC's Discount Bakery, Texas
Auto Maintenance Man, Texas
Sam Computers, Texas
Brooks Design, Texas
West Columbia Liberty Associate, Texas
Precision Engine Service, Texas
Ben's Longbranch BBQ, Texas
Curras Grill, Texas
Gumby's Pizza, Texas
McQueeney Bikini Co, Texas
Pizza Classics, Texas
Texian Liberty Associate, Texas
Shahi Foods, Texas
RealityExpander.com, Texas
The Onion, Texas
Catfish Cove Restaurant, Texas
Discheads.com, Texas
Jim Henson Liberty Associate, Texas
The Black Cat Lounge, Texas
Watkins School of Music, Texas
Digital Culture, Texas
Special Agent Group, Realty Services, Texas
Centex-APSAC, Texas
Andy Howard's Pest Control, Inc., Texas
Austin Liberty Associate, Texas
Cultural Embrace, Texas
Stand and Be Counted, Texas
Nature's Healing Herbs, Texas
S&S Investigations, Texas
Shop 24, Texas
CONSTITUTIONAL CURRENCY, Texas
The Strawberry Express, Texas
Brazos Sharpening Service, Texas
Undercover Style, Texas
Tri-Lectric Com Inc., Texas
The Yellow Rose, Texas
Pho Cong Ly, Texas
The Cosmic Touch, Texas
Walker County ALC Exchange, Texas
Texas Liberty Dollar, Texas
Texas Republic Exchange, Texas
Dental Office of Robert A. Abernathy, D.D.S, Texas
Global Liberty Associate, Texas
American Liberty Dollar Exchange of Garland, Texas
JR Liberty Associate, Texas
self, Texas
Lowe's Liberty Associate, Texas
WebWork Solutions, Texas
the Waltz Group, Texas
Texas Family Reserve, Texas
Real Money Reserve, Texas
Victorian Lady Tea Room, Texas
HSR Redemption, Texas
Total Look, Texas
The Rebel Alliance, Texas
The Warding Eye, Texas
People's Liberty Exchange of Texas, Texas
Trigard Coin and Metal, Texas
Rebel Alliance Exchange Center, Texas
Escape to your Garden, Texas
Champion Appliance, Texas
Klempetti Productions, Texas
Lone Star Precious Metals, Texas
CROCKETTFREEDOM.COM, Texas
Medium of Exchange, Texas
Manninen, PC, Texas
The Sovereign 4th RC, Texas
Golden Lake Chinese Buffet, Texas
KCC Vending Center, Texas
Shanghai River, Texas
El Nopalito Restaurant, Texas
The Educator, Texas
Discovery One Ventures, Texas
BizFundingSolutions.com, Texas
Travis Chiropractic Center, Texas
Lightning Financial of Houston, Texas
Harpers Ferry Arms, Texas
White Wolf, Texas
Flight to Freedom Currency Exchange, Texas
Lightning Financial of Fort Worth, Texas
Dallas Silver Center, Texas
Chris and Sunday, Texas
Rockside RC, Texas
Action Safe and Lock, Texas
The BeastMaster Private In Home Dog Training, Texas
St. Mary Publishing Company of Houston, Texas
DRS Liberty Exchange Center, Texas
Republic Liberty Associate, Texas
Miracles on 34th Street, Texas
Control Your Financial Destiny, Texas
Lone Star Silver Exchange, Texas
Jason Pratt, Texas
Tears of Joy, Texas
Naturallighting.com, Texas
Moriyah International, Texas
Daily Juice Co, Texas
Harry Francis Swiggard, Texas
Kerrency Trader, Texas
ChaChing.org, Texas
Zoeco, Texas
Confederate Linux, Texas
Computer Consulting International, LTD, Texas
Donald Kirby, RMT, Texas
liberty's of n. texas, Texas
Starflight Corporation, Texas
Freeland Money Center, Texas
Tiny Birds Organics (natural parenting store), Texas
LD Central, Texas
St. Augustine Catholic Church, Texas
Academy Coin, Texas
Daniel Abboud Liberty Associate, Texas
Liberty Dollar of Austin, Texas
Freedom Oil Service, Texas
Bee Caves Family Practice, Texas
Superior Chimney Service, Texas
Aries Auto Repair, Texas
Strieber Liberty Associate, Texas
Kitty Johnson, Texas
Dog Whisperer Houston, Texas
JSN Business Group, Texas
Torch, Texas
Dallas Area Paranormal Society, Texas
Cathy's Cleaners & Alterations, Texas
Deep Eddy Studios, Texas
Chevron Food Mart, Texas
James Lewis Gold Buyer, Texas
Gundega Greetings, Texas
The Hardware Store Inc., Texas
Blue Moon Messiahs, Texas
Cathy's Steakhouse, Texas
Korea Garden Sushi Bar, Texas
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

And, once they accept this alternate currency, what do they do with it?

Their employees can legally refuse to accept it, any of their suppliers bigger than a mom-and-pop will laugh at them, the utility companies won't touch them, they can't deposit them in their banks, and so on.

Steve; do you accept Libbies at face value for the services your company provides?
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Nikki wrote:And, once they accept this alternate currency, what do they do with it?

Their employees can legally refuse to accept it, any of their suppliers bigger than a mom-and-pop will laugh at them, the utility companies won't touch them, they can't deposit them in their banks, and so on.
You've obviously never used barter. So what you can't deposit them or pay your electric bill.
Steve; do you accept Libbies at face value for the services your company provides?
I've never had the opportunity to use them, but I would gladly accept them. I of course wouldn't do business only in liberty dollars, unless they were more widely accepted. I couldn't care less if I can melt them down and get an equal value of silver. What's important is that I get the face value from other liberty merchants.

My step father used to run an exchange for BX of Medford OR. We got everything from using them, a car, pool table, food, electronics, jewelery, all kinds of stuff. Of course the government stepped in and ruined it, like they always do.