Alex Jones on the War Path

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Weston White

Alex Jones on the War Path

Post by Weston White »

ATTENTION ATTENTION! All of you wimpy little criminals should start preparing yourselves now for a title wave of newly incoming "tax-protesters"!

Alex Jones on his live radio show this week has had Bob Shulz (3/31) and Tommy Cryer (4/1) and has made arrangements to coordinate with Bob Shulz and also to have him on his show again in the near future. Also Alex Jones stated he is going to try and get Joe Banister on his show. He also mentioned Devvy Kidd several times during his conversation.

Just to note Alex Jones has been claiming for the last several months that his number of daily visitors and requests for interviews has skyrocketed since the bailouts started, he claims to have viewers in the millions now. He used the words "we have record numbers".

You all should rather play this one smartly, clean out your bank accounts, pack up your crap, and flee the country while you still have the opportunity to. Fair warning.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: Alex Jones on the War Path

Post by Imalawman »

I'll get right on that....
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Yawn.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Weston seems to be getting a bit excited.

If Weston had a competent criminal lawyer, which he probably doesn't but should, he would be told to shut up.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Weston White wrote:ATTENTION ATTENTION! All of you wimpy little criminals should start preparing yourselves now for a title wave of newly incoming "tax-protesters"!
Oh dear. More badly worded letters, silly theories, mangling of quotes and context, and of course, hundreds of friv-pens. I believe it's time to start shipping the upgrades for the VanMeters.

The TP-movement must be the least scary "freedom fighters" since the Smurf Liberation Army.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Who is Alex Jones?

Will he ask Tommy Cryer about how well he is doing paying off his tax liability?
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
buck09
Quatloosian Baron of the Unknown Statute

Post by buck09 »

Joey Smith wrote:Who is Alex Jones?

Will he ask Tommy Cryer about how well he is doing paying off his tax liability?
1. Alex Jones is a kook who has a radio show.

2. He doesn't ask any inconvenient questions to the legions of 9/11 truthers he has on his show, so my guess is no.

His audience is largely composed of people already predisposed to believing in stupid things - the uptick will be negligible.
I’ll help them get more power at the Fed. - Ron Paul
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Weston White wrote:Alex Jones on the War Path
How many people care? Twenty?

And none of them matter.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Alex Jones claims to be carried on about 60 radio stations, which is more than I had expected.

For comparison: Dave Champion admits to only 4. Glenn Beck claims about 300. Rush Limbaugh seems to have 600-700 stations.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Alex Jones is featured briefly in the Richard Linklater film, Waking Life (2001). The film is a remarkable example of the use of the animation process called rotoscoping that you sometimes see on television commercials. In the film, Jones is seen driving through the streets of Austin in a car with a public address system, raving about something or other (I can't remember what).

If you're considering watching Waking Life, I would advise not taking any major hallucinogens immediately prior to the experience; I think that would be overkill. The film includes a segment discussing existentialism, with Professor Robert Solomon at the University of Texas-Austin, and a thoughtful segment with Julie Delpy (yowsa!) and Ethan Hawke, reprising their characters from Linklater's Before Sunrise (1995), another very good film. Waking Life is not a film I would use with a girl on a first date -- but one of the most interesting pieces of cinema I have ever seen.

I understand Alex Jones is also in, or is credited in, another of Linklater's rotoscoped films, A Scanner Darkly (2006) (based on the Philip K. Dick novel), with Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Woody Harrelson, and Robert Downey, Jr. I have the DVD, but for some reason I haven't had a chance to finish watching it.

EDIT: Name dropping: Dwight Adair, a Texas filmmaker who directed some of the episodes of the old TV series Dallas, is a brief acquaintance with whom I once had lunch many years ago, and is the husband of Sandra Adair (whom I've never met), the film editor who collaborated with Linklater (whom I've never met) on (I think) all these films.

And of course Alex Jones (whom I have never met) and I are both present or former radio talk show hosts. So, it's like we're practically all one big family, right?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

The best description I've seen of Alex Jones can be found in the comedic book "Them: Adventures with Extremists" by Jon Ronson.
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:The best description I've seen of Alex Jones can be found in the comedic book "Them: Adventures with Extremists" by Jon Ronson.
I've heard that he might make an appearance in a supposedly soon to be released book about tax protestors.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
buck09
Quatloosian Baron of the Unknown Statute

Post by buck09 »

Demosthenes wrote:The best description I've seen of Alex Jones can be found in the comedic book "Them: Adventures with Extremists" by Jon Ronson.
The description about how he tries to "blend in" at the Bilderberg meeting while walking around with Jon was hilarious. In a nutshell, Jon, like most normal adults, knows how to not dress like a schlub and is intelligent enough to carry on a conversation with people. Alex Jones... not so much, occasionally jumping into the bushes.
I’ll help them get more power at the Fed. - Ron Paul
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

LPC wrote:Alex Jones claims to be carried on about 60 radio stations, which is more than I had expected.

For comparison: Dave Champion admits to only 4. Glenn Beck claims about 300. Rush Limbaugh seems to have 600-700 stations.
I know I'm showing my age, but from what little I know about him, it's hard for me to take Alex Jones seriously as a radio talk show host. At the time I began doing that, about the only productive thing Alex was doing was soiling his diapers (he was born after I began my radio career).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Above, I wrote:
Waking Life is not a film I would use with a girl on a first date -- but one of the most interesting pieces of cinema I have ever seen.
Examples of films I would "use" -- with a girl -- on a first date: Linklater's aforementioned Before Sunrise (1995), and the sequel: Linklater's Before Sunset (2004) (also starring Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke). Fellas, take her to see one of those, and tell her it's one of your favorite films. After you see the film together, she'll think of you as a caring and sensitive kinda guy.

It might work.
VanMeters Revenge

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

Ask someone like John Gray how helpful Jones was in the arrest of several of the members of the Gray family when Alex Jones approached them to do a documentary on the siege then turned around to sell the video footage of their property and home. Doesn’t sound like the hero of the tax protestor in their case, as well as the Browns case, he sent several people to infiltrate the core group of supporters and the home of the Browns while staying in the comfort and safety of his bat (or Batty in his case) cave in Austin, Texas. Not to mention the one Amy Williamson under guise as a friend and supporter poses as a scout to find funds to finance his trip to Iraq, while collecting exculpatory evidence for Reno, a supposed $17k was paid to this Amy Williamson after a few meetings with unsaid source (Alex Jones) to supposedly fund his trip, but instead of that Alex Jones was paying for intel, Amy got found out, made false charges on Reno’s dad when he didn’t fold to her threats, then she disappears with said money, and Alex never mentions it or boo hoo’s. Alex Jones is nothing more than an agent provocateur for your alls team, while so many cant see through his crap, I know his game and have his number. He is involve in several CIA projects working the patriot Christian Right to provoke violence and dissent to gain peoples confidence while participating in a game of whack a mole stabbing good people in the back every where he goes, especially those in the internet and short wave radio realm, not to mention he steals other peoples research . I rather not be associated with his sort, thank you very much.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

He is involve in several CIA projects
Snicker.
Demo.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Actually, it would be rather surprising if any of his activities were not CIA.

My presumption is that he always demands Cash In Advance.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:Ask someone like John Gray how helpful Jones was in the arrest of several of the members of the Gray family when Alex Jones approached them to do a documentary on the siege then turned around to sell the video footage of their property and home.
Poor John Joe Gray. He's coming into his ninth year of a standoff and nobody notices.

It was one of Ed Brown's biggest fears, that everyone (followers, press, etc.) would get bored with his standoff and would drift away. It's why Ed was trying to incite the Marshals into coming onto the property with guns ablazing.
Demo.