Brian Small indicted

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Brian Small indicted

Post by Demosthenes »

Arrest warrant issued in tax evasion case
Posted Mar 31, 2009 @ 10:22 PM

On March 24, Brian K. Small was indicted by a federal grand jury for alleged tax fraud, said Special Agent Maria Suarez of the IRS Criminal investigation Chicago Field Office.

Small was indicted on eight counts of federal income tax offenses. The charges include four felony counts of income tax evasion and four misdemeanor counts of failing to file tax returns.

Small was notified by letter to appear in court Tuesday for arraignment and to enter a plea. The letter was mailed to Small’s address. According to court records, the letter was returned to the court, and Small did not appear as scheduled. A bench warrant was issued for Small’s arrest by U.S. Magistrate Judge P. Michael Mahoney.

According to the March 24 indictment, between 2003 through 2006, Small did have taxable income. For purposes of evading taxes, Small did not file tax returns for the years 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006. Each year, he gave his employer at Byron and Chicago a form, in which he falsely claimed to be exempt from withholding, for the purpose of stopping proper withholding for federal taxes from his income. Small concealed and attempted to conceal his income from all proper officers of the U.S. government.

Had Small properly filed his federal tax returns, the taxes due on his income for the four years would have been about $69,000.
Demo.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Brian Small indicted

Post by Demosthenes »

Small's indictment:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/small1.pdf

And far more entertaining reading is Small's attempt to sue the State of Illinois last year:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/small_civ.pdf

Apparently, Brian Keith; family of Small only has a half full colon but claims he has a "Sane and Belligerent Mind."
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Are we supposed to know Mr. Small? His name does not ring any bells for me.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Demo - I'm wondering if your alleged forthcoming book will have some kind of a road map that one could use to trace the root sources of this kind of gibberish.

Clearly, Small doesn't have the mental capacity to put together the kind of drivel he submitted and some of it has a familiar look.

There is a genealogy to this nonsense, but the thing that really gripes me is the waste of court resources these people drain from us all, not to mention the taxes they don't pay.

Perhaps there needs to be a penalty for filing frivolous gibberish with a clerk. (I've instituted one 'round here.)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Once again, a soverun starts by declaring they are "untrained in law", and then proceeds to try and tell the court what the law is. If i were the judge i'd stamp "CORRECT" after "untrained in law", return the document, and instruct the party not to file anything else without permission.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Demo - I'm wondering if your alleged forthcoming book will have some kind of a road map that one could use to trace the root sources of this kind of gibberish.

Clearly, Small doesn't have the mental capacity to put together the kind of drivel he submitted and some of it has a familiar look.
Has anyone tried tracking TP gibberish using anti-plagiarism tools? Several university professors I know are regularly using these tools to find cut-and-paste in student writings. If someone adulterates a quote or cite and then it's copied, you would think that should be easily trackable.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

LPC wrote:Are we supposed to know Mr. Small? His name does not ring any bells for me.
We may have overlooked him because he is so small.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
absdes96
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by absdes96 »

LPC wrote:Are we supposed to know Mr. Small? His name does not ring any bells for me.
The name "Small" in northern Illinois could be likened to the name Cuomo in upstate New York.

The members of the Small family are wealthy descendants of Gov. Len Small from the 1920's. It was/is widely believed that Len Small was involved in all sorts of colorful activities including "pay to play politics". He was never convicted of the things he was indicted for. There are museums and parks in the Chicago area that are named after him.

In 1987, one of Len Small's descendants, Stephen Small, was kidnapped and buried alive. This made national news - America's Most Wanted, etc.

Also, Gov. George Ryan (who preceded Blago), also now in jail, was a close friend of the Small family...until he commuted the death sentence of the man convicted of murdering Stephen Small.

I do not know if Brian Small is any relation to the wealthy family that most Illinoisians know of, but I am willing to bet the journalist put this story out there so the question would be raised.
The mongoose of a disciplined mind and will is more than a match for the cobra of desire and emotion. - Professor Dallas Willard, USC