NH Chiropractor indicted

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

NH Chiropractor indicted

Post by Demosthenes »

Exeter chiropractor faces tax evasion, fraud charges
April 08, 2009 9:59 PM

EXETER — An Exeter chiropractor has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of tax evasion, bank fraud and willfully failing to file a tax return.

Paul J. Loch is charged with evading the payment of his individual income taxes for 1996 and 1997 by filing false amended returns, concealing from the IRS the nature and extent of his assets, placing funds and properties in other names and paying creditors instead of the government.

A chiropractor named Paul J. Loch has a chiropractic practice at 23 Portsmouth Ave., Exeter.

The indictment also charges him with bank fraud, alleging that Loch submitted false loan applications to a bank because he didn’t disclose his debts to the IRA. He also submitted false 1040 forms for 2002 and 2003, the indictment charges.

He is charged as well with failing to file returns from 1999-2004.
If convicted, he faces a maximum prison sentence of up to 30 years and a fine of $1.45 million.
Demo.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Re: NH Chiropractor indicted

Post by jkeeb »

And yesterday my dog barked at the mailman.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

EXETER — An Exeter chiropractor has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of tax evasion, bank fraud and willfully failing to file a tax return.

Paul J. Loch is charged with evading the payment of his individual income taxes for 1996 and 1997 by filing false amended returns, concealing from the IRS the nature and extent of his assets, placing funds and properties in other names and paying creditors instead of the government.

A chiropractor named Paul J. Loch has a chiropractic practice at 23 Portsmouth Ave., Exeter.

The indictment also charges him with bank fraud, alleging that Loch submitted false loan applications to a bank because he didn’t disclose his debts to the IRA. He also submitted false 1040 forms for 2002 and 2003, the indictment charges.

He is charged as well with failing to file returns from 1999-2004.
If convicted, he faces a maximum prison sentence of up to 30 years and a fine of $1.45 million.
A greedy bone cracker named Paul
Made some money (he earned quite a haul).
But he thought he could hide it,
And often denied it.
He is set for a fabulous fall.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Was he connected to the "Free State" project? Geez it's funny how New Hampshire went from having the most conservative political profile and representation in the Northeast to being not dissimilar to Vermont and Maine.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Claiming you're tax free while at the same time creating dummy 1040 returns to apply for a bank loan - that is so not going to fly with a jury.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/loch1.pdf
Demo.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Demosthenes wrote:

I suppose you wouldn't want your lender to know you were indebted to an international terrorist/freedom fighter organization. It would play havok with your credit score.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I hope they don't put a notice of default under the seat of his car.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

jcolvin2 wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

I suppose you wouldn't want your lender to know you were indebted to an international terrorist/freedom fighter organization. It would play havok with your credit score.
Well, to the TPs out there, they probably feel there isn't a heckuva lot of difference between the IRS or the IRA.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

In the 1970's the IRA assassinated Lord Montbatten, The now-defunct Washington Star ran a headline that said in huge type "Lord Montbatten Assassinated, IRS Claims Credit." I remember walking through the IRS building in the late 70's and seeing the clipping from The Star on lots of bulletin boards.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Another tax-dodging chiropractor.

Why am I not surprised?

:roll:

On a side note, he's probably going to find being in hock to the IRA was preferable.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:Another tax-dodging chiropractor.

Why am I not surprised?
I think its because the chiropractic colleges have now established tax-dodging as part of the mandatory 3rd-year curriculum. It was only an elective when I was still in school.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Weathervane wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:Another tax-dodging chiropractor.

Why am I not surprised?
I think its because the chiropractic colleges have now established tax-dodging as part of the mandatory 3rd-year curriculum. It was only an elective when I was still in school.
I had wondered out loud here several times if there was a school that chiropractors go to learn how to dodge taxes.

Thanks for clearing that up, but I think they all need to get their money back as they're all getting caught.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros