AZ dentist indicted

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

AZ dentist indicted

Post by Demosthenes »

Dentist Indicted On Tax Evasion Charges

POSTED: 12:09 pm MST April 10, 2009
UPDATED: 12:24 pm MST April 10, 2009

GILBERT, Ariz. -- According to a representative of the U.S. attorney’s office, Gilbert, Ariz., dentist Arlan R. Turley was arrested Wednesday on tax-related charges.

Turley was indicted by a federal grand jury on 20 counts of willful failure to pay taxes and two counts of willful failure to file a tax return.

Turley, a licensed dentist in Arizona, ran the East Valley Dental Service in Mesa.

The indictment claims that the charges are for failing to file his income tax return in 2002 and 2003. Turley has not filed a tax return from 1997-2007, according to a representative of the U.S. attorney’s office.

The charges for failure to pay are a result of Turley not turning in his employees’ payroll for all four quarters of 2003-2007 as he continued to withhold money from their wages, said the representative. In turn, his employees did not receive credit from the government for the Social Security and Medicare taxes that they paid.

The indictment alleges the money Turley stole from his employees was used for personal and family expenses.

A conviction for each charge of willful failure to pay yields a maximum $250,000 fine, five years in prison, or both. Each count of willful failure to file a tax return yields a maximum penalty of a $100,000 fine, one year in prison, or both.

Turley is scheduled to make his initial federal court appearance Friday at 3 p.m.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: AZ dentist indicted

Post by grixit »

And now it's the Dentists with an all out power play to match the Chiropracters' earlier goal. It's anyone's game now! Both teams are pouring it on and the crowd is really getting its money's worth!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
reese01

Post by reese01 »

There are lot more of dentist who does not pay the exact amount of their tax. This simply means that they are not dedicated to their dental practice. I, myself is a dentist, and it's a sad thing that they practice dentistry without thinking about the right ethics of their job. It's really a shame. :|
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

reese01 wrote:There are lot more of dentist who does not pay the exact amount of their tax. This simply means that they are not dedicated to their dental practice. I, myself is a dentist, and it's a sad thing that they practice dentistry without thinking about the right ethics of their job. It's really a shame. :|
Welcome to Q reese!
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

reese01 wrote:There are lot more of dentist who does not pay the exact amount of their tax. This simply means that they are not dedicated to their dental practice. I, myself is a dentist, and it's a sad thing that they practice dentistry without thinking about the right ethics of their job. It's really a shame. :|
Hmmm. Are you perhaps a graduate of a non-English speaking dental school?

No offense intended.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

grixit wrote:And now it's the Dentists with an all out power play to match the Chiropracters' earlier goal. It's anyone's game now! Both teams are pouring it on and the crowd is really getting its money's worth!
Another tax-dodging dentist.

In other news, I woke up this morning.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Hmmm. Are you perhaps a graduate of a non-English speaking dental school?

No offense intended.
My long-time dentist just retired and sold his practice to a naturalized Russian. She had completed dental school in Russia, practiced there for years, imigrated, and completed dental school AGAIN here.

Her skills at dentistry and knowledge and use of up-to-date technology far exceed her skills with written and spoken English.

Since I'm not paying her to be an English tutor, I'm completely satisfied.