Cry of the Eagles

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Cry of the Eagles

Post by grixit »

This thread is reserved for GoldandSilverEagles to make their case-- if they can.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Cry of the Eagles

Post by fortinbras »

I assume you are not referring to the genuine US Mint precious metal coins, which are a bargain compared to the Von NotHaus funny money. So please clarify.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

He's referring to the gentleman who posted on the Lindsey Springer thread, about how Mr Springer "won" him a year in a federal lock-up. I doubt he'll be back since he doesn't want to explain what happened.

EDIT: If the "Golden Eagle" sticks in your craw, I suggest "Pinchbeck Chicken".
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

For what it's worth, I can think of a jurisidictional argument which would eliminate the possibility of a 30 year sentence and substitute a one year sentence. If the Federal explosives charge was thrown out and a state charge of "public endangerment" was left....

But we'll probably never know.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

It's not possible for a single indictment to contain both federal and state charges, because federal crimes must be prosecuted in federal court, state charges in state court.

One can create certain unlikely-but-possible scenarios, such as federal charges dismissed on jurisdictional grounds, followed by a state indictment. Or a federal indictment certain counts of which fail for lack of an interstate nexus, while others don't. But Occam's razor says that it simply didn't happen the way s/he describes.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

What if the party was under indictment or information for a lesser charge, and a charge for an explosive device was alleged during pretrial proceedings, and the party overcame the explosive charge by a challenge of interstate nexus and released for time served?

Would that satisfy the parameters suggested by 'GoldandSilverEagles?'
wserra

Post by wserra »

ASITStands wrote:What if the party was under indictment or information for a lesser charge, and a charge for an explosive device was alleged during pretrial proceedings, and the party overcame the explosive charge by a challenge of interstate nexus and released for time served?
There is no such thing as "alleging" (or "overcoming") something which is not charged (other than in the FRE 404(b) context, which is not relevant here). And, if the govt was thinking of adding charges, they would most likely just supersede, not discuss it first.

Look, any manner of things are possible. In the unlikely event that the poster wants to clear this up, s/he can easily do so. The problem arises if clearing it up also shows that the poster is full of it.
- David Hume
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Ok.

What if there were multiple counts in a superseding indictment, and all but the count for a lesser charge were dismissed for lack of interstate nexus leaving the felon with one count?

Or, maybe a plea bargain in exchange for dismissal of the other counts?
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

ASITStands wrote:Ok.

What if there were multiple counts in a superseding indictment, and all but the count for a lesser charge were dismissed for lack of interstate nexus leaving the felon with one count?

Or, maybe a plea bargain in exchange for dismissal of the other counts?
Or, maybe Lindsey wrote "Refused for Cause" in red crayon over the indictment?

Or maybe the PRA defense was invoked?

Really, what's the purpose of guessing when the person who has all the details can easily share those details if he/she chooses?
wserra

Post by wserra »

What Dezcad said.

Ovaltine?
- David Hume
GoldandSilverEagles

Post by GoldandSilverEagles »

This thread has been viewed "315" times as of this precise moment in time. Interesting....as my [home] postal mailing address while growing up began with the numbers "513".

Hmmmmmm..........interesting indeed!
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:This thread has been viewed "315" times as of this precise moment in time. Interesting....as my [home] postal mailing address while growing up began with the numbers "513".

Yes, the Universe revolves around you.

How perspicacious of you to connect with your inner Narcissus.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
GoldandSilverEagles

LPC wrote:
GoldandSilverEagles wrote:This thread has been viewed "315" times as of this precise moment in time. Interesting....as my [home] postal mailing address while growing up began with the numbers "513".

Yes, the Universe revolves around you.

How perspicacious of you to connect with your inner Narcissus.
I'm behaving narcissistic (self loving/adoring/worshiping) in replying to a thread that has been calling for my attentions by issuing a reply based in numerology? Me thinks you are reaching for straws.

Btw...Frankly I would LOVE for the Universe to indeed revolve around me! However dear reader, if the Universe is "revolving" around me it's doing it in reverse, (315...513) any suggestions in how to "COMMAND" the universe in how to 'shape up and fly right' are greatly appreciated! (But of course there are none.)

Lastly there is no reason to use 'BIG' words in efforts of impressing your readers. Hint: your 'BIG' 50 dollars words amount to 'mental masturbation' and do not impress nor awe the readers of this thread.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Btw...Frankly I would LOVE for the Universe to indeed revolve around me! However dear reader, if the Universe is "revolving" around me it's doing it in reverse, (315...513) any suggestions in how to "COMMAND" the universe in how to 'shape up and fly right' are greatly appreciated! (But of course there are none.)

We're the Illuminati, we control who and how the universe revolves, and your wishes are not of sufficient gravity to gain our notice. In other words, live with it

Lastly there is no reason to use 'BIG' words in efforts of impressing your readers. Hint: your 'BIG' 50 dollars words amount to 'mental masturbation' and do not impress nor awe the readers of this thread.

to those of us with an education that's not a fancy word, it does happen to be a very good one to describe some people with, though
and still not a word of which the thread topic was created for. I thought so.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
GoldandSilverEagles

Gregg wrote:

We're the Illuminati, we control who and how the universe revolves, and your wishes are not of sufficient gravity to gain our notice. In other words, live with it

to those of us with an education that's not a fancy word, it does happen to be a very good one to describe some people with, though
This thread is a waste of time. No more.
Last edited by GoldandSilverEagles on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

WhiningEagles wrote:mind your own business
Except that it was you who made your business our business by making a totally unsubstantiated claim about Springer. This thread was established to give you the opportunity to document your claim and prove that you're something other than a delusional Springer shill. You've yet to do so.

Your credibility remains at zero, your whining notwithstanding. Until you offer some proof, your support of Springer tells everyone here all they need to know about you.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:
Gregg wrote:

This thread is a waste of time. No more.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Why is it that the very same people who can't manage to correctly spell, punctuate or use the most common of words bitch and moan endlessly about the use of "$50 words" which are routinely part of the vernacular of even the minimally educated?

And, no, I'm not talking about typos on the part of the nitwit TP-types, I'm talking about sheer ignorance.

C'mon, WhiningEagles, prove everyone wrong and cough up the some credible evidence of how Springer miraculously saved you from 30 years of incarceration.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
wserra

Post by wserra »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:This thread is a waste of time. No more.
grixit began the thread, and so grixit has the power to name it. Still, I think it is more appropriate to call it "Squawk of the Pigeons".

Even so, you must read it with an understanding of GoldandSilverPigeons' culture shock on posting here. The boards on which s/he usually posts - we know what they are - respond to stuff like GASP's with effusive praise. On those boards, asking for actual proof is considered rude, and elicits responses such as "We know him, and his word is GOOD ENOUGH FOR US!!!!!!!!". Then s/he comes here, and is met not only with requests for proof, but with increasing derision when none is forthcoming.

Goodbye.
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Gregg wrote:
Well then, you can answer the question I've asked repeatedly: How can I join? I keep hearing how the Illuminati are running everything and I want to become a member. Where do I send my membership application?