Time's List of Notorious Tax Dodgers

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Time's List of Notorious Tax Dodgers

Post by Imalawman »

"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Time's List of Notorious Tax Dodgers

Post by fortinbras »

In case Time Magazine breaks the link, the list is of tax dodgers who were famous for other things and were also convicted of tax evasion:
1. Al Capone, 1920s Chicago mobster and bootlegger
2. Wesley Snipes, movie actor (the Blade series)
3. Pete Rose, baseball player and manager
4. Willie Nelson, country and western singer
5. Richard Hatch, winner of TV's "Survivor" competition
6. Leona Helmsley, hotel heiress and dog lover
7. O.J. Simpson, football star, movie actor, and family man
8. Helio Castroneves, sportscar racer
9. Sinbad, standup comedian and actor
10. Walter Anderson, telecommunication entrepreneur (credited with the largest sum of tax fraud)

We could, of course, name some who are famous ONLY for tax fraud, such as Irwin Schiff, Rose Larkin, et al.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

CaptainKickback wrote:I bet you could combine the incomes or Rose, Schiff, Hendrickson, Clarkson and a couple others and it would not equal the income of any one of a number of posters in this forum.
I wonder if it would even exceed the amount of tax that some pay. I'm a student this past year, so I'm out. But it wouldn't surprise me if good number here have tax liabilities that exceed that combined income.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

O.K. There's Time's list--then there is Cracked's list

Of course most Q readers would be able to include more than seven retarded schemes.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten