Lindsey Springer & Oscar Stilley Indicted (Part 2)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Lindsey Springer & Oscar Stilley Indicted (Part 2)

Post by Dezcad »

Recent docket entry after hearing held today. Trial is currently set for 10/26/09.
04/22/2009 43 MINUTES of Proceedings - held before Judge Stephen P Friot: Motion Hearing held on 4/22/2009, Scheduling Conference held on 4/22/2009, ruling on motion(s)/document(s): #30 Granted, #6, 8, 33 Denied, #36, 37, 39 Granted in Part, Denied in part, taking motion(s) under advisement, setting/resetting deadline(s)/hearing(s): ( Motions due by 6/1/2009, Responses due by 6/15/2009, Motion Hearing set for 7/9/2009 at 09:00 AM before Judge Stephen P Friot, Jury Instructions, Voir Dire & Trial Briefs due by 8/3/2009, Pretrial Conference set for 10/21/2009 at 10:00 AM before Judge Stephen P Friot, Jury Trial set for 10/26/2009 at 09:30 AM before Judge Stephen P Friot) as to Lindsey Kent Springer, Oscar Amos Stilley (Re: 37 MOTION Request for Release of Affidavit and Transcript surrounding issuance of Search Warrant dated 9.15.05, 33 MOTION for Bill of Particulars, 8 MOTION for Bill of Particulars, 39 MOTION Unopposed Motion for Limited Unsealing of Search Warrant and Affidavit and Materials from Case 03-CR-055-CVE, 35 MOTION for Protective Order Pending Prospective Franks Hearing, 30 MOTION to Clarify appointment of Honorable Judge Stephen P. Friot, 6 MOTION for In Camera Review of Fifth Amendment Proffer, 36 MOTION to Unseal Document(s) in 03-CR-55E ) (Court Reporter: Tracy Washbourne) (pll, Dpty Clk) (Entered: 04/22/2009)
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Lindsey Springer & Oscar Stilley Indicted (Part 2)

Post by Dr. Caligari »

So which motions were granted and which were denied?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Dr. Caligari wrote:So which motions were granted and which were denied?
#30 Granted
30 MOTION to Clarify appointment of Honorable Judge Stephen P. Friot

#6, 8, 33 Denied
6 MOTION for In Camera Review of Fifth Amendment Proffer
8 MOTION for Bill of Particulars
33 MOTION for Bill of Particulars

#36, 37, 39 Granted in Part, Denied in part, taking motion(s) under advisement
36 MOTION to Unseal Document(s) in 03-CR-55E )
37 MOTION Request for Release of Affidavit and Transcript surrounding issuance of Search Warrant dated 9.15.05
39 MOTION Unopposed Motion for Limited Unsealing of Search Warrant and Affidavit and Materials from Case 03-CR-055-CVE
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

This is why Springer is the man! Talk about utter and complete dedication. Really who else would even be willing or have the heart to file three dozen spontaneous motions, while at the same time challenging the authority of the judge? I mean come one, really now! I guy like that can really go places!
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Weston White wrote:This is why Springer is the man! Talk about utter and complete dedication. Really who else would even be willing or have the heart to file three dozen spontaneous motions, while at the same time challenging the authority of the judge? I mean come one, really now! I guy like that can really go places!
Here are a few suggestions for a place he might go:

Yankton, South Dakota. “A stand alone federal prison camp,” Ellis says. “A vanishing breed. These are camps that are not satellites to larger more secure institutions. It happens to be a converted college that went defunct. It’s in the middle of the town, not on the outskirts. There is a lot of community programming. People leave during the day and come back at night.”

Englewood, Colorado. “That’s outside of Denver,” Ellis says. “It’s a satellite camp to the federal correction institution there. I’m told by my clients that it is a pretty laid back place.”

Texarkana, Texas. “The federal prison camp there has an drug and alcohol treatment program,” he says. “It has a pond stocked with fish. And one of my clients said he liked to spend his day fishing.”

Sheridan, Oregon. A federal prison camp outside of a medium level security facility about 60 miles from Portland.

Pensacola Naval Base. “You get out during the day, you work on the Naval base, you intermingle with Navy personnel,” Ellis says. “The food is better. You are outside. I’ve had people who were taking care of the grounds at the admiral’s house. The admiral’s wife would bring out lemonade, invite the inmate in for lunch. Things of that sort.”

(The above list was taken from Top Five "Nicest" Prisons for White Collar Criminals at http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/whitec ... icest.html )
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

Sure, I mean that is the route that most politicians begin their careers anyway, so what the hell right?
GoldandSilverEagles

Post by GoldandSilverEagles »

As I read this thread, or anything else written about Lindsey Springer in this forum, the immortal words of Theodore Roosevelt come to mind...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out where the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with dust and sweat and blood....At the best, he knows the triumph of high achievement; if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

And after Springer's trial in "the arena" he can then go off to a totally forgotten about existence behind bars, along with various delusional others long forgotten such as Irwin Schiff, Lynne Meredith, etc., who nobody gives the slightest thought to now except as examples of others who made the mistake of thinking that they were somebody great or doing something great (in no case, including Springer's, was that true).
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Unfortunately, the facts make it impossible to characterize Springer either as a "strong man" or as a "doer of deeds". He has lost every case he has litigated. That makes him an ineffectual goofball, not a strong doer of deeds.

Do you think that Roosevelt had in mind Leonidas I or Bozo the Clown?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:As I read this thread, or anything else written about Lindsey Springer in this forum, the immortal words of Theodore Roosevelt come to mind...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out where the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with dust and sweat and blood....At the best, he knows the triumph of high achievement; if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
That's pretty funny.... So, in Bizarro Tax Denier World, Lindsey Springer is now a heroic, mythical figure. "IN THE ARENA"! Striving for the triumph of "HIGH ACHIEVEMENT"!

:lol:

And what was Lindsey Springer's "high achievement"??? According to the indictment, it was trying to hide assets from the tax man, if I recall correctly. We'll see what the prosecutors can prove on that point. If it turns out that the government proves that Springer and Stilley really were hiding hundreds of thousands of dollars from the tax collector, that will be quite a chuckle.

Oh, yes, Lindsey was "in the arena"! A heroic figure!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I get the feeling it was this arena...

...and there were lions involved.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Here's the minute sheet with more detail:
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF OKLAHOMA
United States of America,
Plaintiff,
vs.
Lindsey Kent Springer, Oscar Amos Stilley,
Defendant(s).
Case Number: 09-CR-043-SPF
Proceeding: Motion Hearing
Date: 4-22-2009
Court Time: 10:00 a.m.
MINUTE SHEET
Stephen P. Friot, U.S. District Judge P. Lynn, Deputy Clerk Tracy Washbourne, Reporter
Counsel for Plaintiff: Ken Snoke, Charles O’Reilly
Counsel for Defendants: Pro Se (Scott Williams, Robert Burton Stand By)
Minutes: Case called for Motion Hearing and Scheduling Conference. Faretta colloquy made.
Discovery discussed. Court approves pro se Defendants to bring in laptop computers if desired.
Motions addressed:
• #30 Motion for Clarification of Authority Granted.
• #39 Motion for limited unsealing of 03-cr-55 granted in part, denied in part, #36 Motion to unseal
03-cr-55 granted in part, denied in part. All sealed materials in 03cr55 subject to protective order
(doc #26). Govt to deliver legible copies of sealed documents which Govt asserts are not
discoverable to Judge in OKC and detailed log of same (to include description of nature of
document, date of document and identity of any signatories thereto) to Defendants by 4/30/09. Govt
to produce discoverable sealed materials to Defendants with probable cause affidavit by 4/30/09.
• #37 Motion to unseal affidavit and transcript granted in part as to Affidavit of Agent Brian Shern,
denied in part as to record of meeting, without prejudice.
• #35 Motion for Protective Order argued and taken under advisement. Government’s production of
documents is stayed with respect to materials seized at Springer’s house. Springer is granted until
4/27/09 to Reply in support of Motion #35.
• #6 Motion for in camera review of 5th amendment proffer argued and denied.
• #8 Motion for Bill of Particulars (Springer) and #33 Motion for Bill of Particulars (Stilley) argued
and both denied without prejudice.
(Continued)
09-CR-43-SPF 4/22/09 Minutes continued
Scheduling discussed.
• Defendants to request R16(a)(1)(G) expert summary by 4/29/09
• Motions to Dismiss - any theory - 5/15/09, Response 6/1/09
• Motion to Suppress or for Franks hearing 6/1/09, Response 6/15/09
• Motion for Bill of Particulars 6/15/09, Response 7/1/09
• Hearing on Motion for Franks issue and/or Suppress, if necessary, 7/9/09 at 9:00 am
• Motion for Relief under R14 (sever) 8/3/09, Response 8/17/09
• Notice under R12.2 (Mental) 5/15/09
• Proposed Jury Instructions and Verdict forms (both sides) 8/3/09, Responses 8/17/09
• Motions to dismiss on any basis that could not have been reasonably anticipated or factually
supported as of 5/15/09 to be filed by 8/3/09, Response 8/17/09
• Notice of Intent to use R404(b) Evidence 9/10/09, Response 9/21/09
• Motions in Limine 9/21/09, Response 10/5/09
• Trial Briefs, Agreed summary of Indictment (or separate proposed summaries), Motion under
R17(b) (subpoena at government expense) 9/21/09
• Pretrial Conference 10/21/09 at 10:00
• Trial set 10/26/09 at 9:30 and time excludable under Speedy Trial Act.
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

Joey Smith wrote:And after Springer's trial in "the arena" he can then go off to a totally forgotten about existence behind bars, along with various delusional others long forgotten such as Irwin Schiff, Lynne Meredith, etc., who nobody gives the slightest thought to now except as examples of others who made the mistake of thinking that they were somebody great or doing something great (in no case, including Springer's, was that true).
Exactly, and this is why the whole lot of you spend so much time talking about these... "forgotten"... isn't that correct sir?
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

Say this reminds me of what it is like to talk to the IRS (as well as those on this forum), you just get ran around in circles, while looking for their next hiding place.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Weston White wrote:
Joey Smith wrote:And after Springer's trial in "the arena" he can then go off to a totally forgotten about existence behind bars, along with various delusional others long forgotten such as Irwin Schiff, Lynne Meredith, etc., who nobody gives the slightest thought to now except as examples of others who made the mistake of thinking that they were somebody great or doing something great (in no case, including Springer's, was that true).
Exactly, and this is why the whole lot of you spend so much time talking about these... "forgotten"... isn't that correct sir?
Hey, I'll answer that.

Yes, many of these crooks have probably been forgotten by many in the tax protester community. And we don't want people to forget the Irwin Schiffs, the Lynne Merediths, of the world. We want people to remember them.

There is something satisfying about seeing the crooks behind bars. Many of these people are arrogant and many are downright nasty. I know; I have dealt with enough of them on the internet. (Fortunately, I have never meet one in person, at least as far as I know.) You try to have an intelligent conversation, you cite the legal texts, and they jump into personal attacks. Then, when you bite back, many of them cry and whine as though they're the ones who've been wronged. They want to dish out abuse, but they can't take it. I am not impressed.

The anger that these people express toward anyone (like me, for example) who exposes them is, however, astonishing. I have rarely seen such boiling, seething, irrational hatred. About the only thing worse I have seen first-hand is the racial hatred I saw expressed among a few of my peers when I was a child.

Look at the lives these people ruin. Not just their own lives, but those of their family members. A while back I had a series of ongoing email conversations with a family member of a well-known tax protester (who is serving a long prison sentence). For innocent family members, this is not some sort of "game".

Many of these protesters repeatedly characterize themselves as "patriots" or imply that their scams and cheating somehow implies "patriotism." Look at Lindsey Springer's web site, for example:

http://www.penaltyprotester.com/

Patriots? What a sham.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

No none of them are forgotten about that is the fact. Contrary to what you would wish for everybody to believe.

The real truth is that most known and feel that something is wrong in our society, much in the same way that natures knows what to do and when. Such as how birds know where to fly and animals seem to sense a coming danger such as a storm or quake, ect.. Though most people for various reasons (namely due to a very poor educational upbringing) are unable to understand or figure out the correct method or process for realizing the truth they feel inside of them. So they fall upon people like Schiff, whom themselves may or may not have had good intentions in mind, or perhaps did at one time but become too greedy, only he and those close to him really knows though. All we can do is speculate to that. Though they all go their own way in the knowledge they have interpreted, Schiff, Springer, Hendrickson, Rose, etc..

Their "students" that do not take it upon themselves, the initiative, to actually understand what it is their are being taught serve only to become victims left in their wakes, in what is ultimately a battle between (personally) spiritual conscientiousness, principles, ethics, morals, and governmental propaganda, pandering, agenda.
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

Patriots? What a sham.
The question is what is a patriot and why does the government not simply just come clean hold a conference and address these matters once and for all? It would take between one-two weeks and it would be solved. Or hell the President could have hold a public news address on Television. Lets just get it over with then, go on T.V., with all of the MSM there, and just come out and let everybody know, let America know, the truth about federal taxation. Why can't they simply just do that?

Oh that is right, because they don't have to, that is right, I almost forgot about that! OMG, GTFO!
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Weston White wrote:
Patriots? What a sham.
The question is what is a patriot and why does the government not simply just come clean hold a conference and address these matters once and for all? It would take between one-two weeks and it would be solved. Or hell the President could have hold a public news address on Television. Lets just get it over with then, go on T.V., with all of the MSM there, and just come out and let everybody know, let America know, the truth about federal taxation. Why can't they simply just do that?

Oh that is right, because they don't have to, that is right, I almost forgot about that! OMG, GTFO!
Come on, Weston. That's the old "show me the law" scam. "The government refuses to tell us", right?

There is NOTHING that the Congress or the President or the Courts or anyone else could ever say or do that would stop these people from engaging in their fantasies about federal income tax law.
Weston White

Post by Weston White »

No I am not talking about show me that law. I never said that. No, that is not what I meant.

I mean get on there and say basically American citizen or resident, if you work at Mcdonalds, if you work at 7-11, if you work at Wal-Mart or Costco or SaveMart or Pepboys or Kragen or BurgerKing or Carls Jr. or Walgreens or FedEx or UPS or Dell, if you work at Macy's or Target or Taco Bell or Kinko's or Ross or Denny's, if you are a self-employed consultant, baby sitter, plumber, lock-smith, gardener, landscaper, mechanic, taxi driver, bus driver, or HVAC specialist, or any other such similar business or corporation or facility, no matter what your position is that money you make for doing those tasks is fully taxable by the federal government, that is it end of story.

I mean get on there and say 26 USC 3121 and 3401 and 7701 means exactly what the IRS says it means; that income means all the money in the USA exchanged between however many parties and for whatever reason is fully taxable by the federal government, unless it is specifically exempted within 269 USC itself, period.

And I mean get on there and use common English words like money, cash, checks, revenue, labor, laborer, laboring, worker, and not specialized terms such as wages, income, employee, trade or business, and services.

I mean get on there and say that capitation taxes or other direct taxes do not mean taxes in consideration of labor. That Wealth of Nations had nothing to due with the determination of established tax principles within the U.S. Constitution, that our entire system of federal taxation is entirely coincidental.

That is what I mean. Now that simple enough to do, right?
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

The truth is that there is nothing to discuss or debate. This fantasy that there is something that has to be discussed or worked out or addressed regarding the "truth" of federal taxation is just a wet dream of deranged wackos (sometimes referred to as friggin' 'tards). The truth is that the 16th admendment authorized an income tax without any need of apportionment. The Congress passed an income tax and the President signed it into law. The Federal courts have unanimously upheld that tax as constitutional and enforceable. That's it... the whole and entire story. There is nothing further to explain. See, that took a lot less than 2 weeks.

The problem is that there is no set of words that could be used in any law that the wackos won't find some way to re-define, ignore or say don't apply to them. Any "clarifications" that you think you want would simply be a waste of time. There are no clarifications that these wackos would accept because at the end of the day these folks are not patriots...they are not heros or freedom fighters... they are greedy little self-centered egomaniacs.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman