Aaron Russo (Continued)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:
Imalawman wrote:I'm guessing you're a younger person - maybe 16ish?
Nah. Since Brown went apeshit mad, I've been working on a profile of the new TP target market. Our new poster seems to fit.

Male
30-35
White
Ex military
Fancies himself a skolar and libertarian
Into the whole gun culture thing
Anarchist leanings
Married young
I've since changed my mind, but at first I thought he was sounding like "that dude". Back when I was around these types, (my dad seemed to like to debate with them and "bring them back into the fold" - he was a pastor) they were largely religious and had some deep rooted mental problems. Either lower class or wealthly. Very few middle class.

One thing that I've noticed the Gurus teaching lately is this act dumb and ask questions approach. I get it in pleadings all the time. "I don't know the law, but it seems to me...." "correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that..." They know that they can come off as arrogant pricks so they've tried to mellow themselves out. But in doing so, they're nothing but liars. Pretending to be something they are not.

Shades is such a person. He will keep denying it of course. But he hasn't said one thing that is anything but TP. I will say this, I do think he's new and hasn't drunk very deeply from the kool-aid. But he is decidedly a TP. Which also makes him out to be a liar. That's my opinion. I'll apologize if proven wrong.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Yep. A couple years ago, one of our guys had one get dismissed on a motion for basically failing to file a response. The order was three or four sentence: that the state had asked the case to be dismissed under cited precedent; that the taxpayer had not responded; and that the Board didn't see the point in waiting around, because there was not a chance the taxpayer would win. The TP petitioned the Board for a clarification of its order.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Over half of your income goes to taxes.
Do you own a home in the heart Manhattan? If not, I suspect your calculation is off.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
John J. Bulten

Post by John J. Bulten »

I heard from some reliable source that it was 84%. But you could also argue the FRN angle and say it's 100%, less what you redeem in real money.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

John, what's your opinion on your guru's major victory today? He escaped without sanctions -- that's pretty good.
Imalawman
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

John J. Bulten wrote:I heard from some reliable source that it was 84%. But you could also argue the FRN angle and say it's 100%, less what you redeem in real money.
Please tell me we're not going down that road. (I hear the pitter patter of David's motor scooter coming in this direction)

And I'm also interested in what you think of you guru's court outcome today. Still think you're winning?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

John J. Bulten wrote:I heard from some reliable source that it was 84%. But you could also argue the FRN angle and say it's 100%, less what you redeem in real money.
Money is nothing more than a medium of exchange.

FRN are the most widely accepted medium of exchange in the US (probably the world). Other forms of money will have a smaller chance of being accepting, and thus because worse money.

I'm not sure what you think is real money, but FRN are as real as it can get. I have yet to fail making an exchange when I use FRNs, and that's all that I want my money to be able to do.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

FRN are the most widely accepted medium of exchange in the US (probably the world). Other forms of money will have a smaller chance of being accepting, and thus because worse money.
The overwhelming majority of my transactions involve electrons, not FRNs. I recently received an escrow correction in the form of a paper check. I'm going to have to locate a deposit coupon for my account. I haven't needed one for years.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Nikki wrote:John, what's your opinion on your guru's major victory today? He escaped without sanctions -- that's pretty good.
John J. Bulten wrote:... (crickets)....
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Very, very few TPs are in the highest brackets (Wesley Snipe, maybe). Most TPs are poor dumb bastards scraping together coins from under the mattress to finance their next pack of smokes and probably owe very little in taxes in their brackets anyhow. Paying taxes deprives them of the front row seats at the pro-wrasslin' matches and not much more.

Poor dumb bastards.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

Quixote wrote:
The overwhelming majority of my transactions involve electrons, not FRNs.
The 0s and 1s are just electronic representations of FRNs. Technology has allowed us to represent FRNs in other ways besides paper. You're still exchanging FRNs =)
ShadesOfKnight

Post by ShadesOfKnight »

Joey Smith wrote:
Very, very few TPs are in the highest brackets (Wesley Snipe, maybe). Most TPs are poor dumb bastards scraping together coins from under the mattress to finance their next pack of smokes and probably owe very little in taxes in their brackets anyhow. Paying taxes deprives them of the front row seats at the pro-wrasslin' matches and not much more.

Poor dumb bastards.
Good to see you hold your fellow man in such high regard.

You would have gotten along famously with Rockefeller, I'll wager.

Seriously, think about what you said. They're poor, scraping by for something that upper folks might take for granted (smokes, you said, but maybe its candy bars or soda pop)... And so that has some relevance to the idea that they've given up too much of their income to taxes.

How very interesting your position seems, when broken down to its simplest elements.
ShadesOfKnight

Post by ShadesOfKnight »

Question everything wrote:And...if you filed (assuming you don't), you'd get that "half" back and then some.
Fabulous. So I have to live on less over the course of the year (maybe not even making ends meet) so that the government can have an interest-free loan.

Seems pretty silly to me. If I'm going to get it all back anyway, why force me to do without in the first place?
ShadesOfKnight

Post by ShadesOfKnight »

Burzmali wrote:Of course you did. Everyone who comes on Quatloos and complains about taxes makes the same statement. I'd swear there is some secret checklist of speaking points tax foo-s are follow on there visits here. The "50% of my income ends paying taxes" complaint always seems to show up around 3 days in.

The response to that complaint is simple. If you don't like how your taxes are being spent contact your congressman/state rep/city rep. But, being a member of a family of 6, I wouldn't complain too much about property taxes. Glass houses and all...
And what, precisely, is a Congressman going to do? What makes you think that they listen to those without means? Lobbying groups hold far more of their attention than I ever could hope to garner, and that is an unfortunate fact.

So quit with the pie-in-the-sky "contact your Congressman" statements. They're just another way of saying "have faith."
ShadesOfKnight

Post by ShadesOfKnight »

Randall wrote:If he's talking just income and FICA taxes, then agreed, it is bullshit.
I said taxes. I didn't say income, FICA, SS, or any other specific sort. I said taxes. Please, I said exactly what I meant, and I would appreciate you not seeking to pigeon-hole my statement without seeing it in its entirety.

Add it all up. Heck, if you're really OCD, you could have Quickbooks or some similar accounting program do it for you, by itemizing your books.

All told, over half your income goes to taxes. And that's a pretty big burden when you barely make enough to pay your expenses.
ShadesOfKnight

Post by ShadesOfKnight »

Imalawman wrote:I'll apologize if proven wrong.
It's impossible to prove a negative, so I guess you've managed to put yourself in a nice safe place and you'll never have to.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

ShadesOfKnight wrote:
Question everything wrote:And...if you filed (assuming you don't), you'd get that "half" back and then some.
Fabulous. So I have to live on less over the course of the year (maybe not even making ends meet) so that the government can have an interest-free loan.

Seems pretty silly to me. If I'm going to get it all back anyway, why force me to do without in the first place?
They don't. Unless your tax refund consists entirely of refundable credits, the overpayment was completely voluntary, or the result of an error on your W-4 or in your calculation of estimated tax payments.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

There are statistics that add up the total tax burden, but none that I have seen are near 50%.

See, for example, http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/burd ... -04-04.pdf

The Tax Foundation, a policy research group, estimates the average taxpayer's total state and local tax burden by year in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. That burden reflects what residents pay in state and local income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, luxury taxes and fuel taxes, among others. For information on the report and links to state data see http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/335.html
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Imalawman

Post by Imalawman »

ShadesOfKnight wrote:
Imalawman wrote:I'll apologize if proven wrong.
It's impossible to prove a negative, so I guess you've managed to put yourself in a nice safe place and you'll never have to.
Sweet!!
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:Christ Almighty! No wonder the New England states produce so much tax hatred, ME, NH, VE, MA, CN, RI are all top tier states in terms of tax burden.

At least in CA, especially in southern CA, we have great weather.......
Are we looking at the same data? NH is ranked 29.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie