NH TP Domestic Terrorist dies in prison

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

NH TP Domestic Terrorist dies in prison

Post by Demosthenes »

Apparently, William J. Krar had a heart attack and died in prison this morning.

There was almost no national news coverage when Krar was arrested and pled guilty which befuddles me.

Excerpt from a 2004 website:
http://www.oaklandnews.com/archives/000173.html
Last May, federal agents uncovered a storage locker filled with deadly chemicals near the East Texas town of Noonday. The cache included sodium cyanide and other highly toxic chemicals, as well as land mine components, briefcase bombs, trip wire and more than 60 fully operational pipe bombs. Also found were machine guns and other illegal weapons; hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition; and a variety of neo-Nazi literature. Most chilling of all, however, was the discovery of an entirely functional sodium cyanide bomb capable of killing anyone "within a 30,000 foot facility" as well as "documents indicating that unknown coconspirators may still be free to carry out what appeared to be an advanced plot."

Three antigovernment activists were rounded up: Edward Feltus, 56, a member of the New Jersey Militia movement; William Krar, a 62-year-old tax protester with ties to the New Hampshire militia and a range of hate groups; and Judith L. Bruey, 54, Krar's common-law wife. Last November, Krar pleaded guilty to federal charges of "possessing a dangerous chemical weapon" and faces up to life in prison. Bruey and Feltus also pleaded guilty to different charges. According to CBS news, hundreds of federal subpoenas were issued during the course of the investigation, intelligence experts were alarmed enough to include mention of the case in President Bush's daily intelligence briefings, and more deadly cyanide bombs may still be in circulation.
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: NH TP Domestic Terrorist dies in prison

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote:Apparently, William J. Krar had a heart attack and died in prison this morning.

There was almost no national news coverage when Krar was arrested and pled guilty which befuddles me.

Excerpt from a 2004 website:
http://www.oaklandnews.com/archives/000173.html
Last May, federal agents uncovered a storage locker filled with deadly chemicals near the East Texas town of Noonday. The cache included sodium cyanide and other highly toxic chemicals, as well as land mine components, briefcase bombs, trip wire and more than 60 fully operational pipe bombs. Also found were machine guns and other illegal weapons; hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition; and a variety of neo-Nazi literature. Most chilling of all, however, was the discovery of an entirely functional sodium cyanide bomb capable of killing anyone "within a 30,000 foot facility" as well as "documents indicating that unknown coconspirators may still be free to carry out what appeared to be an advanced plot."

Three antigovernment activists were rounded up: Edward Feltus, 56, a member of the New Jersey Militia movement; William Krar, a 62-year-old tax protester with ties to the New Hampshire militia and a range of hate groups; and Judith L. Bruey, 54, Krar's common-law wife. Last November, Krar pleaded guilty to federal charges of "possessing a dangerous chemical weapon" and faces up to life in prison. Bruey and Feltus also pleaded guilty to different charges. According to CBS news, hundreds of federal subpoenas were issued during the course of the investigation, intelligence experts were alarmed enough to include mention of the case in President Bush's daily intelligence briefings, and more deadly cyanide bombs may still be in circulation.

Did he have any ties to Ed Brown?
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

If memory serves, Feltus was the one in the New Jersey militia and Krar moved to Texas from New Hampshire. He was a source for parts to make an AR-15 fully automatic and given the penchant for militia members to want to have the parts available it would make sense that he had ties to several of them.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:There was almost no national news coverage when Krar was arrested and pled guilty which befuddles me.
I remember reading about the case at the time of the arrest, which was notable not only because of the seriousness of the threat Krar posed by also by the inversely proportionate lack of publicity.

I think that Ashcroft was AG at the time, and the DOJ never even issued a press release. The only press release I ever saw came out the US Attorney for the Eastern District of Texas: http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txe/news_rele ... rivers.pdf

It was as though, having decided to take international terrorists seriously, they no longer wanted to admit that domestic terrorists even existed.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.