Quatloos should have a secret meeting on Catalina Island

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Quatloos should have a secret meeting on Catalina Island

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Nikki wrote:If they plan to retrace the route via train (Amtrak), they need to leave a LOT of flexibility in their calendar.

I love to travel by Amtrak -- but only if I'm not vitally concerned when I actually arrive at my destination.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt that has been worn out and tossed. For what Amtrak charges to get six people in relative comfort from point A to point B in two or three days I can take a King Air from their nearest home strip to one right where they need to be with one stop at the most. No interesting bus transfers along the way, either.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Re: Quatloos should have a secret meeting on Catalina Island

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Apparently they are going to put in a high-speed Amtrack to my neighborhood.
LPC wrote: If banks already had that power, then the creation of the Federal Reserve System served to regulate and control banks, and not give them powers they didn't have. Right?
Correct. The first economic bailouts came from the banks who were trying to keep the economy afloat and survive. Basically the nation looked to men like Morgan to save the United States. It is a good thing that Morgan was not a megalomaniac otherwise he could have basically dictated to the federal government. Creating the Federal Reserve effectively curtailed Morgan's power if he were ever to seek out such power.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit