Good Article by the SPLC on Wackos

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Good Article by the SPLC on Wackos

Post by Joey Smith »

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
absdes96
Scalawag
Scalawag

Re: Good Article by the SPLC on Wackos

Post by absdes96 »

I checked out that Hate Group map on the SPLC website. I was not aware that the Nation of Islam is a hate group. They rank those folks in there with Neo-Nazis.
The mongoose of a disciplined mind and will is more than a match for the cobra of desire and emotion. - Professor Dallas Willard, USC
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

absdes96 wrote:I checked out that Hate Group map on the SPLC website. I was not aware that the Nation of Islam is a hate group. They rank those folks in there with Neo-Nazis.
This surprises you?
Demo.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

absdes96 wrote:I checked out that Hate Group map on the SPLC website. I was not aware that the Nation of Islam is a hate group. They rank those folks in there with Neo-Nazis.
You're kidding. You actually didn't know NoI is a hate group?
Louis Farrakhan wrote:"The Blackman is the original man. From him came all brown, yellow, red, and white people. By using a special method of birth control law, the Blackman was able to produce the white race. This method of birth control was developed by a Black scientist known as Yakub, who envisioned making and teaching a nation of people who would be diametrically opposed to the Original People. A Race of people who would one day rule the original people and the earth for a period of 6,000 years. Yakub promised his followers that he would graft a nation from his own people, and he would teach them how to rule his people, through a system of tricks and lies whereby they use deceit to divide and conquer, and break the unity of the darker people, put one brother against another, and then act as mediators and rule both sides."
Where have we heard that before? Oh yeah...it was this guy:

Adolf Hitler wrote:All the human culture, all the results of art, science and technology that we see before us today, are almost exclusively the creative product of the Aryan. This very fact admits of the not unfounded inference that he alone was the founder of all higher humanity, therefore representing the prototype of all that we understand by the word "man." He is the Prometheus of mankind from whose shining brow the divine spark of genius has sprung at all times, forever kindling anew that fire of knowledge which illuminated the night of silent mysteries and thus caused man to climb the path to mastery over the other beings of the earth . . . It was he who laid the foundations and erected the walls of every great structure in human culture.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
absdes96
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by absdes96 »

Talk about a sobriety check. It seems I learn something new every week I come on this forum. Man alive, I grew up near one the largest urban areas of this country and I never knew this.

I did not live far from where these groups held their worship services and activities in the Chicago area. I always knew they were a radical Islamic group with Black Panther-like political activism, but I guess I never knew their philosophical underpinnings. Of course, in places like Chicago, two neighborhoods away is like two worlds away.

I do know that it is very rare to see these people have run-ins with the law. They were always quiet and they kept to themselves. My personal experience with them is they were always courteous and respectful.
The mongoose of a disciplined mind and will is more than a match for the cobra of desire and emotion. - Professor Dallas Willard, USC
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

If you ever want an earful, ask an NoI follower what they think of Jews.
Demo.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Yeah, I used to think NoI had some good ideas about responsibility. But then somebody sent me the freak show writings.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I'm sure the report will help someone get clear on how the tax protestor movement and the "sovereigns" have become a target for prosecution. But as David Cay Johnston opined in his "Perfectly Legal", the Democrats didn't have a clue on how to address the tax protestor movement, nor did the Reno Justice Department make it a priority.

And as for the oxymoronically-named Southern Poverty Law Center, and its head Morris Dees, I do hope he keeps his own house in order. Last I checked he had around 100 mil. in his war chest. He was up in SW Connecticut for a info-campaign that I attended after a local synagogue was hit with swastikas and other racially-inflamitory crap. Only they found out later that it was done by a nutty Jew with a complex. That story got hardly any news-coverage.

I had a lot more respect for his former business associate Millard Fuller. He gave away his fortune in the late 60's and then went on to start Habitat for Humanity with his wife Linda. He will be greatly missed.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)