Nebraska TP dentist deemed mentally incompetent

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Nebraska TP dentist deemed mentally incompetent

Post by Demosthenes »

Associated Press - May 12, 2009 10:15 PM ET
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (AP) - A former North Platte dentist has been committed to the Federal Medical Center in Butner, N.C., after a competency hearing stemming from federal tax fraud charges.
Thomas Miller was taken into custody in 2005 and charged with nine counts of filing false tax documents. A federal grand jury later indicted him on charges of wire fraud, money laundering and criminal forfeiture.
Miller had opened an investment bank called Lincoln Investment Bank. Miller promised 120% of investment return and allegedly bilked investors out of $2.4 million.
Miller's exhibited erratic behavior during court proceedings. U.S. District Judge Richard Kopf ruled last week that evidence showed Miller had mental disease. The judge sent him to the North Carolina facility rather than prison.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Re: Nebraska TP dentist deemed mentally incompetent

Post by Demosthenes »

Here's a brief two-minute excerpt of Dr. Miller's sentencing hearing.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/millerhearing1.mp3

Warning, it's pathetic.

Context: he's been found incompetent and has just been ordered to undergo an evaluation to determine whether he's a danger to others.
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote:Here's a brief two-minute excerpt of Dr. Miller's sentencing hearing.

Warning, it's pathetic.

Context: he's been found incompetent and has just been ordered to undergo an evaluation to determine whether he's a danger to others.

After listening to that, I felt bad for Dr. Miller. By the way, the full audio file of the sentencing hearing is available on PACER and it includes a reading of the psychological examinations of Dr. Miller.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Dezcad wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Here's a brief two-minute excerpt of Dr. Miller's sentencing hearing.

Warning, it's pathetic.

After listening to that, I felt bad for Dr. Miller. By the way, the full audio file of the sentencing hearing is available on PACER and it includes a reading of the psychological examinations of Dr. Miller.
That's where I got the above clip. I figured Q regulars wouldn't want to hear all 36 minutes.
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:
Dezcad wrote:

Warning, it's pathetic.

That's where I got the above clip. I figured Q regulars wouldn't want to hear all 36 minutes.
Oh my, that is sad. I propose we close the thread - there's no need to belabor this very sad case.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

Miller had opened an investment bank called Lincoln Investment Bank. Miller promised 120% of investment return and allegedly bilked investors out of $2.4 million.
Is there room at that North Carolina "facility" for his investors?
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

A longer article on the guy's scheme/sovereign crap beliefs:

http://www.nptelegraph.com/articles/200 ... 002970.txt
Demo.
absdes96
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by absdes96 »

I do not think I will post any "anti-dentite" comments this time around.
The mongoose of a disciplined mind and will is more than a match for the cobra of desire and emotion. - Professor Dallas Willard, USC