Docketed - PH's petition for cert. in erroneous refund

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: Docketed - PH's petition for cert. in erroneous refund

Post by Imalawman »

cynicalflyer wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:I’m quite sure that it has escaped the awareness of the confused and deluded over at LH, if only because they are confused and deluded, but it is a long and well established precedent that a sitting judge DOES NOT ever look at correspondence or non court material relating to a case they are sitting on or reviewing, so why they would ever think the court would ever see their scribblings on a matter coming before the court that were not included in the court documents is mildly amusing at best, and a guaranteed time waster in the bargain, just like all of PH's efforts?

My theory: they are trying to paint this as an amicus brief or get it in as such. Won't work, for the reasons you mentioned, and it will never, ever get past the clerk's office for those reasons.
You're forgetting that the clerks might find it humorous, it could get through the cracks.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I always thought that was one of the perks of the jobs, to get to read the nonsense is never ever going to see the inside of a courtroom, let alone the conference room. I mean they have to have something to make up for the rest of the unrelenting dreck that they are usually subjected to.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Imalawman wrote: You're forgetting that the clerks might find it humorous, it could get through the cracks.
I thought they just stuck those on the fridge in the breakroom.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I just noticed that as the losthorizontals continue to struggle mightily with the process of filing an amicus brief with the Supreme Court, user "databrain" (i.e., Tim Whitney, who appears to be among those leading the charge to have an amicus brief filed) offered this snippet of uncharacteristic realism to the commentary at losthorizons a few days ago (May 28):
Fellow Warriors,

After careful review of the requirements associated with submitting an Amicus or Amici Brief - it does not appear likely we would be successful.

This is especially true given the time constraints - 06/10 - and having to submit same via a member of the US Supreme Court Bar. [ . . . . ]
(bolding in original)

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1840
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Famspear wrote:I just noticed that as the losthorizontals continue to struggle mightily with the process of filing an amicus brief with the Supreme Court, user "databrain" (i.e., Tim Whitney, who appears to be among those leading the charge to have an amicus brief filed) offered this snippet of uncharacteristic realism to the commentary at losthorizons a few days ago (May 28):
Fellow Warriors,

After careful review of the requirements associated with submitting an Amicus or Amici Brief - it does not appear likely we would be successful.

This is especially true given the time constraints - 06/10 - and having to submit same via a member of the US Supreme Court Bar. [ . . . . ]
(bolding in original)

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1840
What I find interesting is that "databrain" is on a quest in the LH forum to get at least one letter to SCOTUS from someone from each of the 50 states. Like that would make any difference.

Hey SCOTUS, you must pay attention, we have a letter from people from all 50 states.

Maybe that will be the reason cert is denied, not enough states sent in letters.
Imalawman
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

It just shows how inept the LHs are. Until you've been part of the legal system and seen it in operation and understand what is going on, its can seem like a jumbled mess. When you know nothing about a system, anything could be possible. Its only when you learn about system that certain activities become implausible. Unfortunately, TPs aren't interested in learning, they're interested in proving a preconceived idea.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

In light of the docket entry indicating this was "DISTRIBUTED for Conference of June 11, 2009" we could (and should) see the cert denial as early as this morning (June 15).
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

Cert denied.

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/orders/co ... 509zor.pdf

Page 3
CERTIORARI DENIED
08-1399
HENDRICKSON, PETER E., ET UX. V. UNITED STATES
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Imalawman

Post by Imalawman »

cynicalflyer wrote:Cert denied.

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/orders/co ... 509zor.pdf

Page 3
CERTIORARI DENIED
08-1399

Shall we pop the champagne? Its been on ice for years now.
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

Imalawman wrote:Shall we pop the champagne? Its been on ice for years now.
Just wait for the inevitable motion for rehearing. Pete might still get the Supremes to realize the error of their ways and get them to grant cert.

:roll: :lol:
Imalawman

Post by Imalawman »

cynicalflyer wrote:
Imalawman wrote:Shall we pop the champagne? Its been on ice for years now.
Just wait for the inevitable motion for rehearing. Pete might still get the Supremes to realize the error of their ways and get them to grant cert.

:roll: :lol:
Man, I was on the 5 twist of the cork cage...fine, I'll wait (grumble, grumble...) Could Webhick at least send me over some interns today to help celebrate?
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

cynicalflyer wrote: Page 3
CERTIORARI DENIED
08-1399
Poor Databrain. After delivering "nine ring bound letters each containing seven pages and one reference book with over 300 pages of mostly original signatures", the court still won't be nice to good ole' Pete.

Wondering what the LHs responsve will be. My favorite; Databrain mixed roman and arabic numerals in his letter ("Page IV of 7"). Yup, this must be the reason why this brilliant initiative failed.
http://www.filedropper.com/chiefjusticeroberts

Databrain even took care to make the names of every signee public. That was nice of him.
http://www.filedropper.com/signaturescover
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Thule wrote:Databrain even took care to make the names of every signee public. That was nice of him. http://www.filedropper.com/signaturescover
New Mexico is quite the hub.
Demo.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Demosthenes wrote:New Mexico is quite the hub.
No kidding. What's the deal with Albuquerque? They got high mercury levels in the water or something?
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Cpt Banjo wrote:
No kidding. What's the deal with Albuquerque? They got high mercury levels in the water or something?
Sandia Labs? :wink:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I have been in a discussion with losthorizons user "databrain" at another web site. He is the one who did so much work gathering and organizing documents from Pete's followers, and submitting them to the Supreme Court. He has now been made aware of Pete's loss at the Supreme Court this morning. I'm going easy on the guy.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Cpt Banjo wrote:
Sandia Labs? :wink:
In truth, all I know of Albuquerque is that it's the home of a famous left turn that Bugs Bunny invariably neglected to take.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Famspear wrote:He has now been made aware of Pete's loss at the Supreme Court this morning. I'm going easy on the guy.
What's his reaction to the bad, but oh-so-expected news? LH is silent on the matter.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

Thule wrote:What's his reaction to the bad, but oh-so-expected news? LH is silent on the matter.
I wouldn't be surprised if that silence is lasting. I doubt Pete'll post it, and the regulars have no reason to do so.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

cynicalflyer wrote:
Thule wrote:What's his reaction to the bad, but oh-so-expected news? LH is silent on the matter.
I wouldn't be surprised if that silence is lasting. I doubt Pete'll post it, and the regulars have no reason to do so.
After putting so much work into getting the letter to the Justices as precise as he wished, and getting all those signature pages, can you imagine the disappointment he must have seeing that it took so little time for the Conference to deny the petition for certiorari?

It will eventually be mentioned. It will be interesting to see who does so.

It would be difficult for Tim to admit all that work was for nothing, and of course, it only shows the lack of understanding among those who believe they know so much more others.