Are Court orders to file tax returns uncommon?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

It's not really worth my time
Nothing is worth your time because your time is worth nothing.

But, because you are obviously seriously mentally ill and refuse to seek treatment, we have a bit of fun at your expense because you insist on attention-whoring and we object to your attempts to bilk the public.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

. wrote:
It's not really worth my time
Nothing is worth your time because your time is worth nothing.

But, because you are obviously seriously mentally ill and refuse to seek treatment, we have a bit of fun at your expense because you insist on attention-whoring and we object to your attempts to bilk the public.
Interesting that while I continue to help people who are educated about people like you, that you can honestly convince yourself of that. When I have difficulty with the people I help, that will make me unhappy. When unhappy, I will consider your proposal that maybe pharmaceuticals will help get me back on my feet.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Interesting that while I continue to help people who are educated about people like you, that you can honestly convince yourself of that.
Care to give us the details of just one person that you have actually "helped"? Other than those who learned never to pay you before seeing the results, that is.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

What's in it for me?
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

David Merrill wrote:It's not really worth my time since I advocate different interpretations anyway;
Nor is it worth anyone else's time until you start advocating CORRECT interpretations, not the ones you WISH were correct.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Randall wrote:
David Merrill wrote:It's not really worth my time since I advocate different interpretations anyway;
Nor is it worth anyone else's time until you start advocating CORRECT interpretations, not the ones you WISH were correct.

The interpretations I advocate have been proven practicable and correct since 1789.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Joey Smith wrote:David Merrill wrote:
PH is only being compelled to commit perjury.
No, he is being compelled to not commit perjury by filing an accurate return. In other words, so long as Pete files an accurate return he will not be charged with perjury.

If Pete is concerned that he cannot himself correctly calculate his return, then he should hire a CPA or enrolled agent to do it for him. But of course he will not do this, because Pete has no desire whatsoever to file an accurate return as it would show him to be the two-bit scam artist that he is and hurt his book sales.
On the other hand, PH has shown that he will go to extraordinary lengths (e.g., ratting out his friends) to avoid being locked up for long, so he'll want to avoid being found in contempt of court.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Ergo you agree. The threat is not perjury. The threat is contempt of an order from the court.

If PH had committed perjury then they might simply charge him with that instead of ordering him to refile differently.

Regards,

David Merrill.
student

Post by student »

ASITStands wrote:And, if there is noncompliance, is there risk of criminal sanctions [perhaps for contempt]?
Let's see. I was convicted on one count of "Intimidation," signed a laundry list of probation requirements, including spending 30 days in a Halfway House full of Oregon drug addicts. Part of what I agreed to do was to file and pay all income taxes. I completed nearly every agreement of my probation, except for the paying income taxes part. No sanctions for me.

So I would guess it depends on the nature of the case. It is not so cut n' dry as many here would have you believe.

"Always remember, never give money or personal information to a stranger." is something you'll never hear a collections agent tell their kids' classmates on Career Day.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

student wrote:
ASITStands wrote:And, if there is noncompliance, is there risk of criminal sanctions [perhaps for contempt]?
Let's see. I was convicted on one count of "Intimidation," signed a laundry list of probation requirements, including spending 30 days in a Halfway House full of Oregon drug addicts. Part of what I agreed to do was to file and pay all income taxes. I completed nearly every agreement of my probation, except for the paying income taxes part. No sanctions for me.
Not yet, anyway.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros