The definion of a TP "win"

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

The definion of a TP "win"

Post by cynicalflyer »

From Bob Hurt's Lawmen Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/Lawmen/b ... b0a5?hl=en

*Win Against the IRS?*

Yes. Anything that delays or prevents the IRS taking your money, liberty, or life constitutes a WIN.
Read the rest. It is about a so called Clarkson "victory".
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: The definion of a TP "win"

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Calling that sort of victory a "win" is like saying that a lawyer wins a case because his first motion, in a case, is granted, even though it's a minor procedural matter, and the evidence against his client is massive and irrebuttable.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

if preventing the IRS from "taking your life" is counted as a victory, then every case is a victory against the IRS.

I once tried to help a friend clean up his life after receiving "help" from a Massachusetts "amateur lawyer" named Nat Denman (who was notorious enough to be shown on Sixty Minutes). Denman kept claiming hundreds of "wins", including , as he put it, in cases with million dollar claims. At one point, I urged my friend to ask Denman to substantiate his claim about a win in a particular type of case ...... Denman, very reluctantly, conceded that he had lost the case itself, but claimed his "win" was in a very early proceeding where he had the judge undo a summary dismissal because Denman has missed the court hearing because of a broken alarm clock.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The Great One cites almost anything as a victory without providing enough detail to substantiate the claims.

Since he has NEVER lost a single case -- with the significant exception of his disbarment (among a few others) -- he is able to keep his money-sucking machine running full blast against the wallets of people stupid enough to believe him.

He, too, in time, will be going down.