Liberty Dollar Leader(s) arrested/indicted

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Liberty Dollar Leader(s) arrested/indicted

Post by fortinbras »

As I mentioned, the government is paying for our defense, but we have to pay transportation to Charlotte plus hotel, food and miscellaneous expenses that we were not aware of.
Does this seem incongruous for people who mint their own money?? You'd think that if their LDs were really legit then some lawyer somewhere would believe that enough to accept them in payment.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

fortinbras wrote:
As I mentioned, the government is paying for our defense, but we have to pay transportation to Charlotte plus hotel, food and miscellaneous expenses that we were not aware of.
Does this seem incongruous for people who mint their own money?? You'd think that if their LDs were really legit then some lawyer somewhere would believe that enough to accept them in payment.
Even more incongruous is this tidbit:
Meanwhile, an immigration attorney has agreed to visit Kevin and review his case to see if it was possible to get Kevin out, for $500. We have started a special $500 fund just for Kevin's immigration attorney. It already has $180 in it. Please send $5, $10 or $20 to get Kevin out. Just make the check out to Liberty Dollar, mention that it is for Kevin and mail it to: Liberty Dollar, 225 N. Stockwell Road, Evansville. IN. 47715. As soon as we raise the $500, we will retain the immigration attorney to visit Kevin and hopefully get him out

Check? Nothaus won't accept Liberty Dollars?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

I wonder if the typical Liberty Dollar enthusiast would approve of a project to defend an illegal immigrant. Do Canadians get a pass? Or it's OK if he's white? I had a mental image of a Libby-lover as more of a Minuteman type.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

VonNuthouse wrote:LIBERTY DOLLAR NEWS:
June 2009 Vol. 11 No. 06
Tea Party Dollar Is Late & Legal Update
Translation: "In trouble stop pls snd money stop"
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

von NotHaus wrote:LIBERTY DOLLAR NEWS:

1. Tea Party Dollar Is Late
The good news is the Tea Party Dollars are in the USA but the bad news is that they are stuck in Customs and you will not receive them in time for the Fourth of July. Bummer!
This is not the first time this has happened. But the Libbymeister finds it easier to apologize afterward than to plan things better ahead of time. Now the people holding tea parties on the 4th who bragged about handing out libbies as door prizes will look like isiots.
[/quote]
The good news is that the copper $1 Tea Party Dollar will be by far the best looking, best minted copper dollars to date because the dies were made in USA. Unfortunately the die shop was back-logged, so replacing the broken dies has further delayed the balance of copper Tea Party Dollar.
Vaporware is always the best.
PS: We just received the Tea Party Dollar Flag! And it is TERRIFIC. If you ordered more than 100 T-Dollars and are due a flag or two as part of that order… we have mailed a flag to you for the Fourth of July party.
While this sounds nice on the surface-- a gift to the community in line with their principles but:

1. Flags are actually pretty cheap, unless they are really big or made of durable material.
2. A `tea party' flag? If it doesn't look any different, there's nothing special about it. If it does look different, then it is an advertising ploy and also a violation of paytriot superstitions about how a flag with accessories is an instrument of opression.

PLEASE DO NOT CHARGE BACK YOUR CREDIT CARD ORDER. THIS IS VERY DAMAGING TO OUR MERCHANT ACCOUNT.
IF YOU CHARGE BACK YOUR ORDER WITHOUT CONTACTING LIBERTY DOLLAR - WE WILL NEVER ACCEPT ANOTHER ORDER FROM YOU.
CHARGE BACKS ARE VERY SERIOUS, AND WE HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.
The only way it could be damaging is if the number of chargebacks is a significant percentage of the total number of sales, and causes big penalty fees. Most business don't need to give such a warning.
Meanwhile, I am very pleased to report that the bad times and delays for one ounce Silver Libertys are over. While the last batch of Libertys was terrible, the new Mint has since resolved their manufacturing problems. The supply tube will be full very shortly and immediate shipping will resume again. I apologize for the problem orders.
Until the next time they have a delay, or a broken die, or the dog eats their paperwork.

3. Announcing the 2009 Peace Dollar & 2009 Freedom Dollar
Not one… but two new one ounce silver dollars are now available! The 2009 Peace Dollar $20 and 2009 Freedom Dollar $20 are brand new and have never been issued before. Both have the same $20 Torch reverse design as the $20 Liberty Dollar, contain one ounce of .999 fine silver and measure 39mm. Both new issues have the same volume based pricing in six packages as the $20 Silver Liberty and are available on the Shopping Cart. Order 128 Liberty, Peace or Freedom Silvers for only spot + $3 with FREE shipping!
Every run is slightly different so each coin you buy from us is rare! They're instant collectables! Next month: Elvis making out with Uncle Sam!
4. New Trial Dollar for the cost of a regular $20 Silver Liberty
It's not just a dollar, it's a *trial* dollar!
The $20 Defense Dollar was initially issued for $30 and the extra $10 went toward our legal defense fund. The DD is now selling for $85 on Ebay! Somehow everybody made more than we did!
How many were actually sold?

The Trial Dollar consists of a $20 Silver Liberty, a "Trial" hallmark with a gavel as the "T" and "RIAL" and my Mintmark for $50 each. Click HERE for an image. But if you order 6 or more Silver Libertys, Peace and/or Freedom Dollars we will include a Trial Dollar as one of the Dollars that you order. That way you get a Trial Dollar for the cost of a regular $20 Silver Liberty! And yes you can place multiple orders!
We aren't like some scammers who'll only take some of your money.
6. Insurance Company Buys Gold
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co. Holds $400 Million in Gold
Gold got a significant endorsement today from one of the world's largest insurance companies.
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co., the third-largest life insurer in the United States, has bought gold for the first time in the company's 152-year history to hedge against continued declines in other asset classes.
Interesting. But did they buy libbies? Or was it eagles and krugerrands? Or bricks? Or did they just buy a theoretical share in gold stocks held by a reputable dealer?
7. California Collapsing
If you have not read this article by my friend Martin D. Weiss, Ph.D., please read it and consider your own state, family and business. Please click HERE for the California Collapsing article.
Ok, and how could this have been avoided if our declining industry, eroding tax base, and governement programs all used libbies instead of frns?
9. Numismatic Lists
While the Liberty Dollar does not market itself as a numismatic item…
Liar. You may not be using the term, but you're always bragging about its increasing value as a collectable.
it sure is! In 1998, Liberty Dollar's first year of issue, the $10 Liberty was only $7.50. Now it is $600 to $900 on eBay! And the highest auction on eBay for the 1999, our second year of issue, was a cool $1000!!!
See? Again, how many people are actually able to sell their libbies for these prices?
The worst case has befallen William (Kevin) Innes. According to the government, Kevin is a Canadian who has been in the United States illegally for ten years, so he is considered a "flight risk" and will not be released. That means he may have to spend six to eight months waiting for the trail in County Jail! With the poorly educated guards,
Yeah, the worst part about jail is not being able to discuss existentialism or the Copenhagen Interpretation with the guards.
over crowded cells, bad food, little exercise and nothing to do, county jail is the absolute worst place!
Meanwhile, an immigration attorney has agreed to visit Kevin and review his case to see if it was possible to get Kevin out, for $500. We have started a special $500 fund just for Kevin's immigration attorney. It already has $180 in it. Please send $5, $10 or $20 to get Kevin out. Just make the check out to Liberty Dollar, mention that it is for Kevin and mail it to: Liberty Dollar, 225 N. Stockwell Road, Evansville. IN. 47715. As soon as we raise the $500, we will retain the immigration attorney to visit Kevin and hopefully get him out. I know that Kevin would greatly appreciate your support. I know I would! Thank you in advance for your support.
From a flight risk to out on $500 bond, that must be some lawyer!

Closing Remarks:
Here is a very telling quote from an internal staff meeting by William Casey, Director of the CIA in 1981: "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."
Wouldn't that quote be one of those things?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Thule

Post by Thule »

grixit wrote: 2. A `tea party' flag? If it doesn't look any different, there's nothing special about it. If it does look different, then it is an advertising ploy and also a violation of paytriot superstitions about how a flag with accessories is an instrument of opression.
Yup, stick this in your courthouse.

Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Not a $500 bond.

$500 for the expert immigration attorney to visit Innes asnd tell him that he's SOOL.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

grixit wrote:Wouldn't that quote be one of those things?
A Troofer once told me that a shadowy government conspiracy was behind everything. So I asked her, "So they're behind the 9/11 Troof movement too?"
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Brandybuck wrote:
grixit wrote:Wouldn't that quote be one of those things?
A Troofer once told me that a shadowy government conspiracy was behind everything. So I asked her, "So they're behind the 9/11 Troof movement too?"
Yup, it is all a conspiracy by the ebil guvmint to get conspiracy theorists to believe in conspiracies that aren't really true just to hide the real conspiracies that the ebil guvmint doesn't want them to know about. :roll:
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

I think my head just exploded
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I know grixit already sliced and diced very well, but I'm in a mood.
Of course, we will ship them immediately upon receipt. But given that we have 48,000 to ship, we can't ship them all the same day! Trust me we will ship them ASAP.
So, what's it gonna be? Are you going to ship them immediately upon receipt or are you going to spread out the shipments after receipt?
The good news is that the copper $1 Tea Party Dollar will be by far the best looking, best minted copper dollars to date because the dies were made in USA.
Yeah, you're so proud to be an American having products made in America...which is why 48,000 tea party dollars are stuck in CUSTOMS.
PS: We just received the Tea Party Dollar Flag! And it is TERRIFIC. If you ordered more than 100 T-Dollars and are due a flag or two as part of that order… we have mailed a flag to you for the Fourth of July party.
Your flag-fu is unimpressive. It looks like clip art.
IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER, NO PROBLEM. JUST CALL US OR EMAIL CANCEL@LIBERTYDOLLAR.ORG.
PLEASE DO NOT CHARGE BACK YOUR CREDIT CARD ORDER. THIS IS VERY DAMAGING TO OUR MERCHANT ACCOUNT.
Stop giving them good reason to charge back.
IF YOU CHARGE BACK YOUR ORDER WITHOUT CONTACTING LIBERTY DOLLAR - WE WILL NEVER ACCEPT ANOTHER ORDER FROM YOU.
Lemme get this straight. You take orders for product you don't have (possibly because you need the funds from the orders to place an order for the product) and expect your customer to wait an unreasonable amount of time for the order to come in. Then, if they don't like the waiting period, they can waste more time and energy trying to cancel the order and then wait patiently for you to eventually refund the money. And if they aren't willing to do all that for you, then they're just not good enough for you? What did you do? Get a bachelors in Business Administration from the University of Dumbass?
CHARGE BACKS ARE VERY SERIOUS, AND WE HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.
It's just a pity that you don't understand that the way you do business is what is causing all your chargebacks.
While the last batch of Libertys was terrible, the new Mint has since resolved their manufacturing problems. The supply tube will be full very shortly and immediate shipping will resume again. I apologize for the problem orders.
So you put out a crap product and all you have is an apology? I'd be returning that defective shit for a full refund.
Now that I have been arrested, it is my "pleasure" to announce a very special $20 Trial Dollar (TD) that will be available until the Liberty Dollar Four are acquitted.
Liberty Dollar Four has no ring to it. I will be henceforth calling you the Flushing Four.
Of course the purpose of the Trial Dollar is to raise funds for our trial because we still have to pay our own transportation and lodging costs even though the Federal government is funding our defense.

The government is not funding your defense, TweedleFlush, they are giving you a lawyer. If you want them to pay your transportation and lodging, get them to revoke your bond or bail or whatever the hell they let you out on.

Hey, what happened to that other lawyer you had?
Don't let yourself be ripped off by a depreciating currency!
YEAH! Why get ripped off by a depreciating currency when you can get ripped off by a currency based on a depreciating currency! Everything is better with a middleman!
Just a quick reminder that all orders for $20 Silver Libertys placed on our shopping cart are shipped FREE.
Eventually.
The move may prompt other insurance companies to follow suit. It makes sense for insurance companies to hold gold since gold is always an asset and can never be considered a liability.
At least until the zombie invasion, at which time you will have to pay someone to take away your shiny objects, since zombies are attracted to such things.
10. Legal Update - Free the "Liberty Dollar Four"
You mean Flushing Four. This is your last warning.
Currently, Sarah, Rachelle and I are scheduled to appear at 9:30 in US District Court in Charlotte, NC, on July 6.
That's only three. What about Kevin? WHAT ABOUT KEVIN?
The worst case has befallen William (Kevin) Innes. According to the government, Kevin is a Canadian who has been in the United States illegally for ten years, so he is considered a "flight risk" and will not be released.
Oh, there he is.
That means he may have to spend six to eight months waiting for the trail in County Jail! With the poorly educated guards, over crowded cells, bad food, little exercise and nothing to do, county jail is the absolute worst place!
I guess he should have thought about that before he decided to live in this country illegally.
SERIOUSLY, we need to raise some money for Bernard, Sarah, and Rachelle to get to Charlotte and WIN!
Speaking in third person? Also, WHAT ABOUT KEVIN? I see you're so concerned about getting him out on bail, but not so much with the winning. Perhaps the government is right to see him as a flight risk.
You could have had the government pay for all these things, but you chose to remain on the outside.
For it is only by banding together and adopting a free and independent currency that provides us with "just weights and measures" will we be able to throw off the yoke of a manipulated monetary/tax system and generate a peaceful and prosperous society.
So long as you ignore the fact that this independent currency is entirely dependent on the very monetary system you denigrate.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And let’s not forget, not worth what it is marked at....

Otherwise, way to go webhick....
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I must have missed it, NutBag is getting a public defender?

I just gotta ask, how in the hell can someone who has 48,000 shiny metal things, which is 3,000 pounds of silver, qualifying for ME to pay his lawyer?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

Von NutBag is begging for people around the area to come to the party/hearing.
Good evening:

I just searched the Liberty Dollar data base and found you were within
100 miles of Statesville or Charlotte.

As you may know the Liberty Dollar Four was arrested and we are
scheduled to make our Initial Appearance in US District Court in
Charlotte on Monday, July 6 at 9:30.

If possible please join Sarah Bledsoe, Rachelle Moseley and myself, by
9:00 before Magistrate Judge David S. Cayer, at the Charlotte US
District Court, 401 W. Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202.

If you would like to car-pool with someone, please post your request
with the Liberty Dollar users group: ALD-Forum <ALD-Forum@...>

PS: We plan a brief meeting following our court appearance. Hope you
can join us!

Thank for your support as we strive to return America to a value based
monetary system - one Liberty Dollar at a time.

Sincerely,

Bernard von NotHaus
Monetary Architect
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Having von Nuthouse describe himself as a "monetary architect" reminds me of those borderline "coin dealers" who push overpriced coins in ads in the back of magazines like Parade, the Enquirer and such, and give themselves fanciful titles like "U.S. Coin and Currency Commission" or "Federal Monetary Mint".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
webhick

Post by webhick »

Gregg wrote:I must have missed it, NutBag is getting a public defender?
He keeps making references to the gov't paying for his defense, but none of his transportation or lodging expenses. The public defender scenario is the only thing I can think of that would make sense.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Post by webhick »

notorial dissent wrote:And let’s not forget, not worth what it is marked at....
Sometimes I tire of beating that horse.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

webhick wrote:
Gregg wrote:I must have missed it, NutBag is getting a public defender?
He keeps making references to the gov't paying for his defense, but none of his transportation or lodging expenses. The public defender scenario is the only thing I can think of that would make sense.
I have an idea for him, don't show up Monday, and then call the US Marshalls and tell them where you are, they'll happily pick you up and give you a ride!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Thule

Post by Thule »

webhick wrote: He keeps making references to the gov't paying for his defense, but none of his transportation or lodging expenses. The public defender scenario is the only thing I can think of that would make sense.
"Make sense" is not in the Nuthousian dictionary.

"Make up stuff to sell another bottlecap", however....
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The cap to a bottle of premixed kool aide?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4