Alex Jones pisses off tax denier listeners

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Alex Jones pisses off tax denier listeners

Post by Demosthenes »

Demo.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Re: Alex Jones pisses off tax denier listeners

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

How dare he read a commercial for tax lawyers? Communist!
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It's a paid commercial for a supposed tax settlement service. In fact, the revenue laws enable the IRS to "compromise" a tax claim when certain conditions can be met, 26 USC §7122. There's not a lot a leverage on the part of most taxpayers in this; they'd pretty much have to set out all their financial data and satisfy the IRS that this compromise was probably better than the IRS's outcome at the end of litigation. This "service" being advertised plays (unnecessary) go-between for a chunk of the taxpayer's money.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:How dare he read a commercial for tax lawyers? Communist!
Yup. Here's one response:
Date: Jun 7, 2009 8:08 PM
Subject: This should make you physically nauseous.

Body: After all of the Tax Truth efforts that AJ has been involved in, hearing this commerical makes me physically nauseous. The guy who predicted 911, who shuns the unlawful nature of the income tax, who just plain and simply knows better. Is now helping to collect for the IRS. I don't know whether or not to laugh, cry, or vomit. Don't blindly accept this or think that this is ok, just because your an AJ fan, if your an AJ fan you should be just as pissed off as I am about this. This is an insult to my intelligence, it should be an insult to yours too. Irwin Schiff said something once I will never forget. People either pay the Income Tax out of fear or ignorance. I think that's perfectly fine, people can pay or not pay for whatever reasons. But if you know that the system is an inherently corrupted, and unlawful system. Then helping the IRS collect money from your listeners, and then using fear tactics to boot. Well that's just about the most filfthy thing that I can imagine.

Petition Alex Jones to Stop Supporting the IRS

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/alexjones/
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

That guy has a point. If you believe that the IRS is really as evil as Mr. Jones has claimed that it is, then helping them collect via a commercial would be tantamount to joining forces with evil. At least they could be consistent in their lunacy.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:
just because your an AJ fan, if your an AJ fan
Just because my what is an AJ fan?

Can't be my dog, he has too much sense.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Even his fans probably know which way the political wind is blowing, Hendrickson is being taken down by the Department of Justice, he will soon be going through a living hell, and it's time for his followers try and avoid the same fate.

I'm sure there are reasonably-priced tax resolution law firms. But what I see the most, are the "offers in compromise" sales pitch, of which there are a very small percentage accepted as shown in the commercials. "We owed $2 million, and settled for $50K". Sure. The high figure probably involves full disclosure of all records, profits, etc., with all taxes, interest, penalties figured in. The compromise comes after a long process, when the relevant department determines any other option than settlement would not be in the interest of the government. But if a tax protester has followed Hendrickson's method, with years of tax evasion, I can't imagine a sympathetic Revenue Officer granting an easy way out.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Does anyone else think that Alex Jones should change his stage name to "Ajax?" It has his initials and rhymes with ex-lax.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

/signed
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros