Federal Fraud in the Kahre Case

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
GoldandSilverEagles

Re: Federal Fraud in the Kahre Case

Post by GoldandSilverEagles »

Demosthenes wrote:Fess up LEM, are you trolling or are you just painfully stupid?
Welll, it;s about time. You finally got his initials right! lol :P
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

Demosthenes wrote: Of course it isn't responsive. Literally all of his posts have been non-answers.
Your post was no responsive so you went into mental state that you didn't know what the thread was talking about or even another thread you were posting in.

The jury will never ever decide the what the legal monetary units are to be used.

Your post.

Code: Select all

Kahre's lawyers aren't telling the jury that his face amount vs. FMV theory was correct. They're telling the jury that he had a good faith belief that his theory was correct.
Which is the only thing his lawyers can do. The jury will not be deciding whether that which you said his lawyers should be doing. I am sorry you don't remember posting in threads and forget what subject the rest of the people are talking about. The jury can NOT decide that which you suggested his lawyers could push on the jury.
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

My grammar is all messed up over this stupid conversation. Sorry. No edit button on my screen.

This is absolutely insanity. The person doesn't even remember posting.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

LegalEagleMan wrote:
Demosthenes wrote: Of course it isn't responsive. Literally all of his posts have been non-answers.
Your post was no responsive so you went into mental state that you didn't know what the thread was talking about or even another thread you were posting in.

The jury will never ever decide the what the legal monetary units are to be used.
Finally something accurate. However, it's not relevant to the case.

The judge tells the jury what the law of the case is; in the unlikely event that whether the gold coins are "legal tender" is relevant to the actual charges, the judge should give an appropriate legal instruction.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

LegalEagleMan wrote:

Your post.

Code: Select all

Kahre's lawyers aren't telling the jury that his face amount vs. FMV theory was correct. They're telling the jury that he had a good faith belief that his theory was correct.
Which is the only thing his lawyers can do. The jury will not be deciding whether that which you said his lawyers should be doing. I am sorry you don't remember posting in threads and forget what subject the rest of the people are talking about. The jury can NOT decide that which you suggested his lawyers could push on the jury.
Why are you repeatedlly misrepresenting what I've said? I reported what the lawyers said, not what I think they should have said.

Kahre is facing tax charges only (not some nebulous "gold eagle issue" as you keep claiming,)and the only defense he has in the case is one of willfulness.
Demo.
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

Demosthenes wrote:
Why are you repeatedlly misrepresenting what I've said? I reported what the lawyers said, not what I think they should have said.

Kahre is facing tax charges only (not some nebulous "gold eagle issue" as you keep claiming,)and the only defense he has in the case is one of willfulness.
I did no such thing.
Of course they weren't. They shouldn't be either. You were saying that his lawyers did not believe that Kahre was correct yet if you go read articles you will see his lawyers do agree with him.
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

As far as his case goes, no real opinion other than the legal gold eagle coin for services question.

It's complete and utterly messed up. If the government is saying gold eagles and silver eagles which have a set monetary value according to authority of Congress to set and for the US Treasury to carryout than you have in fact made everyone a tax criminal.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LegalEagleMan wrote:You were saying that his lawyers did not believe that Kahre was correct yet if you go read articles you will see his lawyers do agree with him.
I doubt the lawyers agree with each other on the issue, but then again, I really don't care what the defense lawyers think. I do know that they their attempts to defend their client have ranged from "but judge, he's insane" to "he had a good faith belief that his scheme was legal."
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LegalEagleMan wrote:As far as his case goes, no real opinion other than the legal gold eagle coin for services question.

It's complete and utterly messed up. If the government is saying gold eagles and silver eagles which have a set monetary value according to authority of Congress to set and for the US Treasury to carryout than you have in fact made everyone a tax criminal.
If you don't like it, take it up with Congress. They're the ones that authorized the mint to create coins with face amounts that differ from fair market value. See, for example, the Bank Holding Company Act Amendments of 1970, P.L. 91-607, § 205, 84 Stat. 1769 (1970); Sen.Rep.No. 91-1084, 91st Cong., 2d Sess. reprinted in (1970) U.S.Code Cong. & Ad.News 5519, 5538-39.
Demo.
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

Demosthenes wrote: I doubt the lawyers agree with each other on the issue, but then again, I really don't care what the defense lawyers think. I do know that they their attempts to defend their client have ranged from "but judge, he's insane" to "he had a good faith belief that his scheme was legal."
I don't know. I know his lawyers have agree with him in news articles. See Google.

As far as the gold eagle for services to me completely legal as was done according to what I know about the case.

I have no idea what he has or hasn't done outside of that. I would say 161 charges with no convictions in the 1st trial is very damming but that doesn't mean it will be the same this time. To me the gold eagle for services is completely legal and in my opinion they will do everything to discourage even though it is. I have seen no evidence to convince me otherwise without having me to put on a tinfoil hat and to believe in skittle farting unicorns.

Enough on this subject to me, I wouldn't even know what to add. Very sad state our country has become.
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

Demosthenes wrote: If you don't like it, take it up with Congress. They're the ones that authorized the mint to create coins with face amounts that differ from fair market value. See, for example, the Bank Holding Company Act Amendments of 1970, P.L. 91-607, § 205, 84 Stat. 1769 (1970); Sen.Rep.No. 91-1084, 91st Cong., 2d Sess. reprinted in (1970) U.S.Code Cong. & Ad.News 5519, 5538-39.
Why would I want to take up with Congress? They set it at $50 whatever $ maybe.

I think you need to go read the thread and the other one, already covered.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LegalEagleMan wrote:I think you need to go read the thread and the other one, already covered.
I read the threads. Are you unable to articulate your position?
Demo.
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

Demosthenes wrote:
LegalEagleMan wrote:I think you need to go read the thread and the other one, already covered.
I read the threads. Are you unable to articulate your position?
If you read the thread and the other one you would have the thread where I posted the part of the Constitution where it states Congress has authority to determine such.

I will repost out of good will.
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
I have no problem with gold coins they will to set at $50 or silver eagles at $1. They have every right to set the value of money.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LegalEagleMan wrote:As far as the gold eagle for services to me completely legal as was done according to what I know about the case.
Feel free to pay your employees with silver coins, gold coins, or frozen turkeys for that matter. Just don't try to pretend that the value of those payments for services are artificially worth less than the far market value of what you to make the payments, and you'll be fine.

I would say 161 charges with no convictions in the 1st trial is very damming

The prior verdict doesn't have any special meaning. It could mean that the jury resented being in a fricken' cold courtroom wasting their time for three months, or that they were bored to tears for three months, or that they didn't personally like the prosecutors, or that they personally liked one or more defense lawyers, or they thought the defendant was a hottie, and so on. It could also mean that they thought the defendant made a good faith mistake... the whole point of the trial.
To me the gold eagle for services is completely legal
And your opinion, having no dollar amount stamped on its shiny surface is therefore worth $0.
I have seen no evidence to convince me otherwise without having me to put on a tinfoil hat and to believe in skittle farting unicorns.
You aren't a judge, you aren't the jury. Your opinion in this case is worth approximately three such skittles.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LegalEagleMan wrote:To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
And Congress has regulated that the Mint can sell coins whose face amount is less than the numismatic value.
Demo.
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

Demosthenes wrote: Feel free to pay your employees with silver coins, gold coins, or frozen turkeys for that matter. Just don't try to pretend that the value of those payments for services are artificially worth less than the far market value of what you to make the payments, and you'll be fine.
You quote where Congress set the value of such but forgot about one post later.

Worth less in what?
This has already been covered in the other thread, you are going over worn out ground.
The prior verdict doesn't have any special meaning. It could mean that the jury resented being in a fricken' cold courtroom wasting their time for three months, or that they were bored to tears for three months, or that they didn't personally like the prosecutors, or that they personally liked one or more defense lawyers, or they thought the defendant was a hottie, and so on. It could also mean that they thought the defendant made a good faith mistake... the whole point of the trial.
You wouldn't be saying that if the 4 people found innocent were found guilty. You would say the were guilty.
To me the gold eagle for services is completely legal
And your opinion, having no dollar amount stamped on its shiny surface is therefore worth $0.
You aren't a judge, you aren't the jury. Your opinion in this case is worth approximately three such skittles.
It is my opinion, I have seen no evidence in these threads to counter that made any real sense to be honest. My opinion is worth the same as yours whether I decide to put a tinfoil hat on or not.
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

Demosthenes wrote:
LegalEagleMan wrote:To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
And Congress has regulated that the Mint can sell coins whose face amount is less than the numismatic value.
Congress can set the value of such of Money. I don't know else there is to know. If what you say is true, you just made 300 plus million people tax cheats. Once again, already covered in the threads.
LegalEagleMan

Post by LegalEagleMan »

Sorry I am having a terrible time with grammar today. My apologies, I use to have an edit button but now it's gone. I will blame it on the beer I had at lunch. Terrible grammar and use of English.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LegalEagleMan wrote:You wouldn't be saying that if the 4 people found innocent were found guilty. You would say the were guilty.
I respect the jury's decision, no matter which way it falls, so yes, if the jury found them guilty, I'd believe they were guilty and would keep an eye out for the appellate court results to see whether the prosecutors, judge, and / or jury had screwed up in getting to that guilty conviction. When the jury found them not guilty, my assumption was that the jury found their good faith belief believable, which resulted in a not guilty verdict. The four not-guilty people weren't key players so the verdict didn't suprise me much.
It is my opinion, I have seen no evidence in these threads to counter that made any real sense to be honest. My opinion is worth the same as yours whether I decide to put a tinfoil hat on or not.
So what? You're a protester and a troll.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LegalEagleMan wrote:Congress can set the value of such of Money. I don't know else there is to know. If what you say is true, you just made 300 plus million people tax cheats. Once again, already covered in the threads.
300,000,000 get paid their salaries in gold and silver coins? Who knew.
Demo.