Hendrickson says picture a child with its hands over its ear

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

John J. Bulten wrote:
Whipples wrote:This whole firebombing incident doesn’t bug me half as much as the CtC stuff and how he’s handled his case, a moment of stupidity versus prolonged false promises and failure to truly stand up for what he believes. I’ve followed Mr. Hendrickson's story for quite a while now, and I must say, the self proclaimed “Net Prophet” doesn’t impress me much.
Welcome, Whipples! Care to elaborate?
Hey John, let me be as delicate as possible:

Have you noticed that nobody here is buying your bullshit?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Paul

Post by Paul »

Is that another rosie palm joke?
Whipples

Post by Whipples »

John J. Bulten wrote:
Whipples wrote:This whole firebombing incident doesn’t bug me half as much as the CtC stuff and how he’s handled his case, a moment of stupidity versus prolonged false promises and failure to truly stand up for what he believes. I’ve followed Mr. Hendrickson's story for quite a while now, and I must say, the self proclaimed “Net Prophet” doesn’t impress me much.
With pleasure,

Peter doesn’t make his book available online for free. Print copies would be expensive to give away, but a free online download is really cheap. Hosting and bandwidth costs are a small price to pay for mass educating the public. How does he expect to change anything when it looks like he’s only in it for the money. Just imagine where we would be if the founding fathers said you having to buy our book before you can join the revolutionary army. I mean it’s not like Pete is going to starve or anything, he claims to “work days as an executive with one of America's largest real-estate development and property management firms.” It looks like Pete is just in it for the dollar, everyone else be damned.

In Peter’s case, everything he wrote read like an advertisement for his book. It looks like he cared more about making a PR push out of it, than actually fighting for what he believes in. Sure, some people may say he knew it would be unfair and he was going to lose so why not take advantage of it and spread the word to the masses. But if Pete really cared most about spreading the word, then see the point above.

And what’s with these claims on the losthorizons site that the government has acknowledged “the truth about the law as revealed in CtC” simply because someone filed and got a refund. That’s just stupid. By that logic if I re-file saying that I made $1,000,000 in taxable income for 2003, and the government sends me a bill for taxes owed, then I really did make $1,000,000 in taxable income? Pardon the expression, but WTF! It looks to me like an attempt to take advantage of the less educated or desperate, by presenting them faulty logic.

So when people come up to me and say “Hey, what do you know about this Peter Hendricks guy?” All I say is “He’s a washed up, fear mongering, sell out who doesn’t have the balls to practice what he preaches.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people of England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, give the earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses, and the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they now do, on oatmeal and potatoes, have no time to think, no means of calling the mismanagers to account, but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers."
[Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Kercheval, 1816. ME 15:39]
Now pay your taxes Foo!
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Whipples wrote:
John J. Bulten wrote:
So when people come up to me and say “Hey, what do you know about this Peter Hendricks guy?” All I say is “He’s a washed up, fear mongering, sell out who doesn’t have the balls to practice what he preaches.”
There you go being factual again, Whipples.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros