Unregistered securities?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Trippy

Unregistered securities?

Post by Trippy »

Robert B. Clarkson (of the huge belly fame) is now selling something he calls "Freedom Bonds:"
Robert B. Clarkson wrote:$100 Freedom Bond

Constitutional States of America Freedom Bonds

On Redemption Date below, The United States of America, will pay to the bearer of this bond at Washington, D.C. or at such place of deposit as may be appointed by Secretary of the Treasure, the sum of $100 with the interest thereupon from the date of issue to the date of redemption, at the interest rate below-listed.

Neither Robert Clarkson nor The Patriot Network, the issuer of this debt instrument, is personally liable or responsible in anyway for this indebtedness. The grateful people of the USA upon regaining and restoring their Constitutional rights and liberties will pay this freedom bond. The purchaser is reminded that all monies given to The Patriot Network and its affiliated clubs are a donation and nothing else.

The duly appointed agents and freedom fighters of these United States of America authorize this debt.

Date of Redemption: Six months after the restoration of The United States Constitution.

Rate of Interest: 10% compounded annually; doubles to 20% during times of armed conflict.

Serial No._________ Date of Issue ___________________

Could a state agency come down on him for selling unregistered securities?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Well, now we know why that Sui poster was looking for bond paper...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: Unregistered securities?

Post by Imalawman »

CaptainKickback wrote:
Trippy wrote:Robert B. Clarkson (of the huge belly fame) is now selling something he calls "Freedom Bonds:"
Robert B. Clarkson wrote:$100 Freedom Bond

Constitutional States of America Freedom Bonds

On Redemption Date below, The United States of America, will pay to the bearer of this bond at Washington, D.C. or at such place of deposit as may be appointed by Secretary of the Treasure, the sum of $100 with the interest thereupon from the date of issue to the date of redemption, at the interest rate below-listed.

Neither Robert Clarkson nor The Patriot Network, the issuer of this debt instrument, is personally liable or responsible in anyway for this indebtedness. The grateful people of the USA upon regaining and restoring their Constitutional rights and liberties will pay this freedom bond. The purchaser is reminded that all monies given to The Patriot Network and its affiliated clubs are a donation and nothing else.

The duly appointed agents and freedom fighters of these United States of America authorize this debt.

Date of Redemption: Six months after the restoration of The United States Constitution.

Rate of Interest: 10% compounded annually; doubles to 20% during times of armed conflict.

Serial No._________ Date of Issue ___________________

Could a state agency come down on him for selling unregistered securities?
State securities commission and the SEC too I bet.

Also, the wording of the "bonds" appears to be binding the government of the United States to repay the ponds when the "true Constitution" is restored. I bet that runs afoul of a few things too - it might even be considered a form of forgery.

Also, since one could construe that the bonds will NEVER be honored and the interest will never be paid, the bonds are a pure fraud.

This is NOT going to end well for the "promoter" of this scam....er...scheme.
Yup, he's committing a laundry list of felonies federal and state. And not just one state, because he's selling them all over North Carolina as well as SC. The Great One is in deep shit now. (if anyone were to get wind of this of course) Perhaps an e-mail to the Attorney Generals of both NC and SC would get the ball rolling...hmmm...
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Already done.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Among other agencies, the Treasury Department's Office of Public Debt will go ape over this -- can somebody please forward it to them with the Fatman's address and criminal record?

http://www.treasuryscams.gov/
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Joey Smith wrote:Among other agencies, the Treasury Department's Office of Public Debt will go ape over this -- can somebody please forward it to them with the Fatman's address and criminal record?

http://www.treasuryscams.gov/
Good idea.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Among other things, I think the Treasury will be interested in what could/should be considered a counterfeit US security, and they have no sense of humor about that at all, and I would suspect that the remainder of the laundry list would apply too, both Federally and locally.

I think his Tonnage has finally slipped over the edge with this one.

Will look forward to further developments and the excuses that will shortly follow.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Robert B. Clarkson wrote:Neither Robert Clarkson nor The Patriot Network, the issuer of this debt instrument, is personally liable or responsible in anyway for this indebtedness.
What?
Robert B. Clarkson wrote:The purchaser is reminded that all monies given to The Patriot Network and its affiliated clubs are a donation and nothing else.
But suppose that the transaction is not a gift, but the purchase of a bond?

This sentence can probably be translated as "The mark is reminded that all monies paid to the Patriot Network and its co-conspirators are gone forever because all representations of the issuer are false and nothing else."

They probably think that this is the "get out of jail free" card, but I don't think that the euphemisms can ever fully taketh away what the express provisions giveth.
Robert B. Clarkson wrote:The duly appointed agents and freedom fighters of these United States of America authorize this debt.
And those "freedom fighters" obviously does not include the Patriot Network, because they are specifically excluded from liability. So the Patriot Network is probably better described as the "camp followers" of the "freedom fighters."
Robert B. Clarkson wrote:Rate of Interest: 10% compounded annually; doubles to 20% during times of armed conflict.
That sound ominous, almost like a financial incentive for an armed insurrection.
Robert B. Clarkson wrote:Robert B. Clarkson, Authorized Registrar
Authorized by whom, I wonder.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Secretary of the Treasure
Is there a sunken ship involved? Does admiralty law apply?
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The grateful people of the USA upon regaining and restoring their Constitutional rights and liberties will pay this freedom bond.
I love this scam. To get this bond, I have to "donate" $100 to the Patriot Network. Then, when "the Constitution is restored", I have to pay myself the $100 plus the interest accrued.

What moron would actually buy this "bond"?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

webhick wrote:...What moron would actually buy this "bond"?
You answered your own question.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

"...Two years after the Ratification of a Treaty of Peace between the Confederate States and The United States Will pay to the bearer on demand FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS Richmond, Feb. 17, 1864"
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

LPC wrote:
Robert B. Clarkson wrote:
The purchaser is reminded that all monies given to The Patriot Network and its affiliated clubs are a donation and nothing else.

Does anyone know if, as a matter of law, Clarkson's "donation" disclaimer would be sufficient to remove these "bonds" from the definition of "security" for purposes of (at least) the 1933 Act?

It's clear that, in the absence of the disclaimer, Clarkson is guilty of a boatload of crimes arising from public sale of unregistered and fraudulent securities. But we can't say he's guilty until we know about the possible effect of the disclaimer.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

grammarian44 wrote:
LPC wrote:
Robert B. Clarkson wrote:
The purchaser is reminded that all monies given to The Patriot Network and its affiliated clubs are a donation and nothing else.

Does anyone know if, as a matter of law, Clarkson's "donation" disclaimer would be sufficient to remove these "bonds" from the definition of "security" for purposes of (at least) the 1933 Act?

It's clear that, in the absence of the disclaimer, Clarkson is guilty of a boatload of crimes arising from public sale of unregistered and fraudulent securities. But we can't say he's guilty until we know about the possible effect of the disclaimer.
Considering that the SEC and state AGs have no problem ignoring the "it's only a gift" disclaimer when correctly labeling a "gift club" as an illegal pyramid scheme, I don't think the disclaimer will offer any protection whatsoever.
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

Demosthenes wrote:Considering that the SEC and state AGs have no problem ignoring the "it's only a gift" disclaimer when correctly labeling a "gift club" as an illegal pyramid scheme, I don't think the disclaimer will offer any protection whatsoever.
Citation for that? I'd be interested to know the extent to which the analogy between a gift club and a sale of unregistered phony securities holds.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

There are probably four or five dozen examples out there. Gifting clubs were a hot thing in the late 1990s.

An announcement from the Hawaii Commissioner of Securities:
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/hawaiigift.pdf

Consumer Warning from the FTC:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/ale ... talrt.shtm

Do a google search on "gifting club" and securities and you'll get a ton of links.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

A lot of the time, they collect stock certificates with the Federal Reserve - those notes.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

David Merrill wrote:A lot of the time, they collect stock certificates with the Federal Reserve - those notes.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Thanks for that. You've once again added valuable input and insight into a thread. Well done!
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Dezcad wrote:
David Merrill wrote:A lot of the time, they collect stock certificates with the Federal Reserve - those notes.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Thanks for that. You've once again added valuable input and insight into a thread. Well done!
What is his problem with money?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:What is his problem with money?
He is unemployed - that is his problem with money. He doesn't pay child support - that is another problem he has with money. One other problem he has with money - he hasn't got any so he has to con others out of it.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff