New Management at Scam.com II

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
No_Moron_Here

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby No_Moron_Here » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Doc Bunkum wrote:
Wouldn't that be a high one if numb nuts wiped out the entire data base! :P


Oh come on! Even ADMIN Len, the Forum Board Whore Extraordinaire, isn't that smart. He doesn't know how to do anything over there. Don't give him any extra credit. Besides, since it's now his agenda, he's not going to give up any position of authority. It would be pretty difficult and time consuming to wipe all of the threads. I just wonder if he's working feverishly on trying to get it back up. I'm sure that "Zachary" - George Dranichak isn't helping. He's probably off watching The Lust of a Small Nun or something.

User avatar
Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:45 am

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby Doc Bunkum » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:40 pm

No_Moron_Here wrote: It would be pretty difficult and time consuming to wipe all of the threads. I just wonder if he's working feverishly on trying to get it back up. I'm sure that "Zachary" - George Dranichak isn't helping. He's probably off watching The Lust of a Small Nun or something.


Don't forget, Lenny has a degree in computer programming, which is one of several categories of "Business Data Processing". Plus he's fluent in COBOL, RPG, Pascual, Assembler, and Fortran (al beit, all dead computer languages today), as well as HTML and BasicA.

Pretty impressive, considering he learned all this in a 1 yr program at Heald. Probably why he graduated with a 4.13 GPA.

Mike!

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby Mike! » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:10 pm

I can't get SCAM.com to load ether... Maybe we've all been banned!
:Axe:

BruceShuell

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby BruceShuell » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Naw...scam.com wouldn't ban me unless it was for me forgetting to use quote marks. I do that alot and they think I'm advertising my latest scam proposal. Bam - bye bye Bruce -Scammer of the Century.
Her Majesty did that to me but SBM saved my ass and got me back on board. Then it was bye bye Mom. Pissed me off that did.

I think they got hacked via the porn site or whatever and are experiencing some really bad and well deserved karma.

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia
Posts: 1434
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 12:02 am
Location: Brea, CA

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby Arthur Rubin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Doc Bunkum wrote:Don't forget, Lenny has a degree in computer programming, which is one of several categories of "Business Data Processing". Plus he's fluent in COBOL, RPG, Pascual, Assembler, and Fortran (al beit, all dead computer languages today), as well as HTML and BasicA.
I think that's PASCAL (all upper case, as it's a non-case-sensitive language). And FORTRAN is not dead. At least, it wasn't dead 5 years ago.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95

User avatar
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:00 am

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby soapboxmom » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:42 pm

BruceShuell wrote:Naw...scam.com wouldn't ban me unless it was for me forgetting to use quote marks. I do that alot and they think I'm advertising my latest scam proposal. Bam - bye bye Bruce -Scammer of the Century.
Her Majesty did that to me but SBM saved my ass and got me back on board. Then it was bye bye Mom. Pissed me off that did.

I think they got hacked via the porn site or whatever and are experiencing some really bad and well deserved karma.

You know Mom adores all you guys! In fact there will soon be a new incredible site where we can all get back to business. Scambusting is my passion and I am very excited about continuing to contribute here and serving as an admin on a new site that will certainly complement the fine work here. It will be up shortly and I can't wait to see all of you there.

Soapboxmom

User avatar
Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:45 am

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby Doc Bunkum » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Arthur Rubin wrote:I think that's PASCAL (all upper case, as it's a non-case-sensitive language). And FORTRAN is not dead. At least, it wasn't dead 5 years ago.


Well, I'm only quoting Lenny:

My degree is in computer programming, which is one of several categories of "Business Data Processing". I am fluent in COBOL, RPG, Pascual, Assembler, and Fortran (al beit, all dead computer languages today), as well as HTML and BasicA.


Len Clements - Who is he anyway? (cache - loads slow)

I mean the guy has an IQ of 155, so you don't think he'd make a simple typo spelling PASCAL, do you? :?:

USANAWatchDog

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby USANAWatchDog » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:54 am

It is very interesting that Scam.com (208.86.2.42) is not responding. We can only speculate as to the problem. If the IP address is simply pointing to a server in the owner's garage, then the power can simply be out. Maybe the computer crashed.


As for Len's compulsive Banning, this was predicted and expected. One of MLM's biggest push at the moment is to suppress the negative information about MLM on the internet. One way of doing this is to create blogs, articles, and postings that claim a particular MLM company is a scam or fraud as part of the title. Then in the body of the message, it tries to explain that the MLM is actually a legitimate prosperous business and that it is NOT a scam. Why are they doing this? It's their attempt to push the REAL information about the MLM scams off the top page of Google. Here is a great example: http://workwithdavidwood.com/usana-scam-business-mlm/


As for scam.com, I do not plan to post there again until Len Clements is removed as an administrator. He has no business being an "Administrator" of a Consumer Awareness forum that discusses potential scams. He is a founding distributor of the MLM company Yoli, which he defends adamantly on the scam.com forum. It would be one thing if he was only a "moderator", but as an Administrator, he has the same privileges as the owner of the Forum. The owner of Scam.com does not care one single bit however. His only concern is whether people click on the Adsense MLM advertisements.

User avatar
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet
Posts: 1202
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:43 pm

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby Lambkin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:38 am

USANAWatchDog wrote:It is very interesting that Scam.com (208.86.2.42) is not responding. We can only speculate as to the problem. If the IP address is simply pointing to a server in the owner's garage, then the power can simply be out. Maybe the computer crashed.

The site appears to be hosted by a web hosting / collocation provider (rackco.com) and the adjacent IP addresses are reachable. Although a crashed host is possible, it's equally likely (or even more so) that the system was shut down intentionally, either by the ISP for abuse or non-payment, or by the operator of the site.

No_Moron_Here

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby No_Moron_Here » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:54 am

Lambkin wrote:
USANAWatchDog wrote:It is very interesting that Scam.com (208.86.2.42) is not responding. We can only speculate as to the problem. If the IP address is simply pointing to a server in the owner's garage, then the power can simply be out. Maybe the computer crashed.

The site appears to be hosted by a web hosting / collocation provider (rackco.com) and the adjacent IP addresses are reachable. Although a crashed host is possible, it's equally likely (or even more so) that the system was shut down intentionally, either by the ISP for abuse or non-payment, or by the operator of the site.


208.86.2.42 UNITED STATES NEW JERSEY EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP 39.365
-74.6283 08232 -05:00
Net Speed ISP Domain
DSL RACKCO.COM INNOVATIVEASSETS.COM

IDD Code Area Code Weather Station
1 609 USNJ0268 - LINWOOD

Innovativeassets is deader than a doornail.

"78 Domain(s) In The Network 208.86.0.0/24 - If there are lots of websites located on one IP address, each site has a higher chance of getting banned or penalized by services such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. By checking all of the websites on the above list, you can maximize your own listing results." http://www.webboar.com/www/innovativeassets.com

Lisa

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby Lisa » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:40 am

Ok... huh? So is scam.com dead?

I was kind of thinking that George might have possibly killed it because he just didn't have the cajones to deal with the consequences of his idiotic actions.

Mike!

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby Mike! » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Here's what I think happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckAwT9AkRgE

User avatar
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet
Posts: 1202
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:43 pm

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby Lambkin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:01 pm

No_Moron_Here wrote:208.86.2.42 UNITED STATES NEW JERSEY EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP 39.365
-74.6283 08232 -05:00
Net Speed ISP Domain
DSL RACKCO.COM INNOVATIVEASSETS.COM

IDD Code Area Code Weather Station
1 609 USNJ0268 - LINWOOD

Innovativeassets is deader than a doornail.

"78 Domain(s) In The Network 208.86.0.0/24

What is the relationship to Innovative Assets? 208.86.2.42 is not in the 208.86.0.0/24 net block.

klondikemike

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby klondikemike » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:45 pm

These are the details for the 208.86.2.42 search

Network details:
782 site(s) on
208.86.2.0 network
AS list
AS36529 (AXXA-RACKCO - Rackco.com: 208.86.2.0 - 208.86.2.255)

No_Moron_Here

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby No_Moron_Here » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Lambkin wrote:What is the relationship to Innovative Assets? 208.86.2.42 is not in the 208.86.0.0/24 net block.


When you do an IP check on scam.com's IP, Racko hosts and innovateassets.com is the domain which tracks back to a bunch of porn hosts also. It's posted above. George changed to that 3 weeks ago.

GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby GlimDropper » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:01 pm

OK folks, even though I don't really consider the site "finished" we've decided to extend an invitation to RealScam's not ready for prime time "beta" launch and shake down cruise. There are many things that still need adjustment, and any bizarre glitches can be PM's to me over there. I'm also interested in any constructive comments or suggestions about the forum, the layout or the site in general.

One quick note, we have a "Ranting, Raving and other Ridiculous Diatribes" forum inspired partly on this one (only without auto-prune). In the unlikely event you should find yourselves needing to vent about any given topic in a slightly rules relaxed manner, please save us the trouble of moving that topic by starting it there.

SBM is swamped with some offline obligations and I'm still busy trying to learn what can be changed with a StyleVar and which need simple code edits but we'll both check in when we can. We'll also see what other familiar faces we can find for you.

For the moment you need to add "/index1.php" to the url to get past the front page but feel free to stop by and laugh at my color scheme. I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

realscam.com/index1.php

User avatar
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div
Posts: 3868
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:41 am

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby webhick » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:16 pm

I took a quick peek and it looks pretty good. The only suggestion I have is to increase the font-size to 1em or 12 px. It'll make it a lot easier for most people to read the forum and it won't cause eye-strain as quickly when reading longer posts.

Also, if you download the DOM Inspector for Firefox, it has this handy feature in the upper left hand corner of the DOM window that says "Find a node to inspect by clicking on it" which lets you click on an element of the page and it can tell you the CSS rules, the computed style and a few other things which will help you track down where to make the CSS changes to get the forum looking the way you want.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie

GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby GlimDropper » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks webhick, for several things. I'll try out your font sugestion, just as soon as I find which frgging StyleVar does that. And thanks as well for the DOM Inspector recommendation, I'm not a web developer but I play one on that site. I'll check that out.

The Grumpy Pilot

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby The Grumpy Pilot » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:34 pm

It looks good. Just took a quick peek.

It the entire site going to be dedicated to scams only and conspiracy theories? Will there be in the General chat section, Forums/Topics such as art, books, science, music, pets, travel, politics, religion/philosophy, humor, history,cooking or whatever etc., set up there that will then have various threads to be started by members under those various listed topics in General Chat?

Sort of like you see here: http://forums.randi.org/forumindex.php

or here under "other topics" near the bottom of the page on this forum as another example: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/

or like you see on this forum for another example under "General Forums" towards the bottom of this page: http://www.city-data.com/forum/#u-s-forums

GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: New Management at Scam.com II

Postby GlimDropper » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks for the reply Grumpy,

We do have an "off topic" category including a general comment section. And we'll be happy to adapt and adopt our forum structure to better serve our valued members. We have some interesting blog options and an elaborate "Content management system" to set up an interactive front page and there are some really interesting possibilities for both of them. But I'm not exactly setting any ground speed records in setting up the forums so some other features are in the "planning stage" only.

Now it's back to the control panel.,...


Return to “Public Archives -- Read Only”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest