LostHead just can't figure out why wages are being garnished

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Quixote wrote:
It would be a much smarter (actually -- much less stupid but still not smart) move to pay the taxes according to the IRS' computation and then sue for refund in District Court.
He would first have to file an administrative claim for refund and have it disallowed or ignored for 6 months. The district court would otherwise lack jurisdiction over the refund suit.
So I skipped a few steps -- big deal. The final result will be the same except that a few more people will be able to get a chuckle over the letters.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Nikki wrote:
Quixote wrote:
It would be a much smarter (actually -- much less stupid but still not smart) move to pay the taxes according to the IRS' computation and then sue for refund in District Court.
He would first have to file an administrative claim for refund and have it disallowed or ignored for 6 months. The district court would otherwise lack jurisdiction over the refund suit.
So I skipped a few steps -- big deal. The final result will be the same except that a few more people will be able to get a chuckle over the letters.
But he wouldn't acheive the goal of avoiding the $5,000 frivolous return penalty, because the penalty applies to amended returns as well.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat