Tax protesters and the concept of transference (psychology)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Coyote may have recovered some money from his lawsuit:
http://www.jamesfuqua.com/lawyers/jokes ... acme.shtml
It doesn't count. He didn't file pro se.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The Observer wrote:Wiley would be seen punching a timecard before starting and after quitting times, but I saw no evidence that he was being paid for chasing the Roadrunner.
That's because he was paid in liberty dollars.

He financed the Acme purchases by diverting his mother's social security check.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Problem is, most of the tps think that they're the road runner, and the evil government is the coyote trying to catch them. That's why they honestly believe that if they draw a tunnel on the wall, they can escape through it.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

grixit wrote:Problem is, most of the tps think that they're the road runner, and the evil government is the coyote trying to catch them.
A couple of German aphorisms:

"One must either be the hammer or the anvil."

And:

"When stepped on, cottage cheese gets flatter and not stronger." (Which makes cottage cheese very different from steel.)

Tax deniers fancy themselves to be the hammers, but they're really just cottage cheese.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

most of the tps think
Cartoonishly.

The imagery I like best is the previously mentioned painting of the tunnel entry on a rock wall. But, it's always the Road Runner who paints it, and Wile who splatters himself on it. Perhaps the TPs see themselves as the RR who then enters his magic tunnel and disappears, safe from oppression by the evil, jack-booted Wile.

And, don't forget that Wile can't be too far from civilization and a means of payment, each of his latest acquisitions from Acme are dropped off by a delivery truck.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
David Merrill

both ways?

Post by David Merrill »

In discussing transference you have stepped squarely into projection. - Especially about the emotional speculations that TPs are miserable people in general.

Here is a great example:
Nikki wrote:
David Merrill wrote:What I find somewhat interesting is all your denial does not seem to get boring to some of you.

What about Bob?

Regards,

David Merrill.
Bob is in deep doodoo.

He lost his "LANDMARK RIGHT TO PETITION" case unless (which has a lower probablility than hell freezing over) the Supreme Court reviews it.

He is facing civil actions regarding his personal income tax filings (actually, the lack thereof).

Within a very short time, he will be defending the WTP's 501(c)(3) tax exemption against revocation for multiple reasons -- the least of which is his failure to file the mandatory annual financial statements.

Bob is history. The only thing left for him is another death fast. If the government has any sense, they won't interfere in this one.
She wishes death on Bob Shultz for trying to Redress government about his grievance!

And you call me insane? What is with that? Do you think you can call me insane and in the next breath out of the other side of your hypocritical faces properly speculate, on the little scraps of information Nikki feeds you, what in life makes me happy? That is classical projection.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Post by . »

wishes death on Bob Shultz for trying to Redress government about his grievance!

The only thing left for him is another death fast.
To point out that Bob is toast is not to wish death on anyone.

To point out that the only viable option to raise money is a death-fast is not to wish death on anyone, as we all know that all TP death-fasts end in weight gain. Witness TogaDud.
And you call me insane?
Justifiably. What else are we to make of someone who is incapable of reading and understanding simple English, as you have copiously demonstrated on numerous occasions, and instead burps up great gobs of word-salad?

You don't seem to be stupid, although you do seem to be somewhat ignorant. All things considered, insanity would seem to explain you better than anything else.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

You are crazy!

Here is what Nikki wrote:
Bob is history. The only thing left for him is another death fast. If the government has any sense, they won't interfere in this one.

She is wishing death on Bob. You silly idiot.

Regards,

David Merrill.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

. wrote:
most of the tps think
Cartoonishly.

The imagery I like best is the previously mentioned painting of the tunnel entry on a rock wall. But, it's always the Road Runner who paints it, and Wile who splatters himself on it.
That is incorrect. Wile E. drew the tunnel himself, hoping to trick the Road Runner into running into the wall. When the Road Runner was able to actually use the false painting as a real tunnel, Wile E. then tried to use the painting himself, only to smash into it.

So the analogy of TPs to the Road Runner are wrong. A far better analogy is the comparison of TPs to Wile. E. Coyote.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff

Post by . »

You are crazy!
What was that you were saying about projection?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

David Merrill wrote:You are crazy!

Regards,

David Merrill.

And again David demonstrates his inability to grasp meaning and context.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

. wrote:
You are crazy!
What was that you were saying about projection?
No. It is what you are saying about the Quatloser mentality. Everybody knows it is up to Nikki to write and clarify what she meant when she clearly wished death to Bob for even attempting to get Redress for Grievances out of government.

But keep it up ".", and they will make you a moderator yet; whether you want to moderate or not.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Speaking of Bob.....still no update on his Landmark failure on the WTP site.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Regards,

David Merrill.
David:

Did you overlook the word "another?"

I was referring to his PREVIOUS death fast which ended when the government agreed to speak with him and answer his questions. Unfotunately, the answers he got were not the ones that he wanted, so he embarked on his Quixotic journey.

If you don't know the history, you'd be far better off keeping the word salad generator turned off.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Nikki wrote:

Regards,

David Merrill.
David:

I was referring to his PREVIOUS death fast which ended when the government agreed to speak with him and answer his questions. Unfotunately, the answers he got were not the ones that he wanted, so he embarked on his Quixotic journey.

If you don't know the history, you'd be far better off keeping the word salad generator turned off.

See? That is more like it. Nikki justifies that Bob deserves death.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Date: Friday May 25, 2007

Dear David Merrill: Projection is “the attribution of one’s own ideas, feelings, or attitudes to other people or to objects; esp: the externalization of blame, guilt, or responsibility as a defense against anxiety”. Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary, p. 920 (8th ed. 1976).

The quote by Nikki was: “Bob [Schulz] is history. The only thing left for him is another death fast. If the government has any sense, they won’t interfere in this one.” I’m stretching here, but I guess this COULD be an example of projection if Nikki for some reason is feeling anxiety about the predicament of Mr. Schulz (and it’s “Schulz”, not “Schultz”) and is trying to alleviate Nikki’s feeling of anxiety by externalizing blame, guilt or responsibility for Mr. Schulz’s predicament. Based on the tenor of the comments and my out-on-a-limb assumption that Nikki has had nothing whatsover to do with causing the predicament of Mr. Schulz, however, I’m having a bit of difficulty understanding how Nikki could be engaging in projection on this basis. Maybe it’s just me.

Nikki’s comments do not appear to be evidence of “projection.” Perhaps a better term would be “Schadenfreude” -- maybe. If so, then bad, bad, Nikki.

--Famspear
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Dear David Merrill: Oh wait, this is what you actually said:

"And you call me insane? What is with that? Do you think you can call me insane and in the next breath out of the other side of your hypocritical faces properly speculate, on the little scraps of information Nikki feeds you, what in life makes me happy? That is classical projection."

I'm correcting myself. But speculating on what in life makes David Merrill happy isn't "projection" either, as far as I can tell. Yours, Famspear
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:Perhaps a better term would be “Schadenfreude”
Smile when you say that.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

David Merrill wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Regards,

David Merrill.
David:

See? That is more like it. Nikki justifies that Bob deserves death.

Regards,

David Merrill.
For someone who spews such an incredible amount of verbiage, it's totally incomprenehsible how you consistently manage to misread everything.

No one said or implied that Bob deserves death any more than that everyone suffers death in the long run.

A death fast, since you are clearly unaware of the concept, is something voluntary.

I was suggesting that, since everything Bob has tried in the past few years has failed miserably, that he return to his only successful tactic.

This time, however, he'll be ignored by everyone but a few bloggers, internet forums, and die-hard believers.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Sie wissen, es ist nicht Schadenfreude.
--Famspear