Tax protesters and the concept of transference (psychology)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

That is incorrect. Wile E. drew the tunnel himself, hoping to trick the Road Runner into running into the wall. When the Road Runner was able to actually use the false painting as a real tunnel, Wile E. then tried to use the painting himself, only to smash into it.
Mea culpa. At least I got the smashing-into-the-wall part right. My alternative would have further confused the TPs. Not that they need it.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

. wrote:
That is incorrect. Wile E. drew the tunnel himself, hoping to trick the Road Runner into running into the wall. When the Road Runner was able to actually use the false painting as a real tunnel, Wile E. then tried to use the painting himself, only to smash into it.
Mea culpa. At least I got the smashing-into-the-wall part right. My alternative would have further confused the TPs. Not that they need it.
I thought that a train came out of it and smashed into him. After spending many a saturday morning watching those cartoons, hopped up on Captain Crunch, my memory is a little fuzzy.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown

Post by . »

I have to modify that. It seems that both versions of tunnel entrance painting are true.
such as the Road Runner cartoons, where Wile E. Coyote (for example) paints a tunnel on a rock wall, and the road runner then races through the fake tunnel. This is usually followed by the coyote's foolishly trying to run through the tunnel after the road runner, only to smash into the hard rock-face.
Wikipedia, take it for what it's worth.
Coyote paints a picture of tunnel with an exit on the side of a mountain. Road Runner goes into the tunnel and back out. Coyote runs into the tunnel and smashes into the side of the mountain.
http://www.wibbergatvets.com/rr_not_so_physics.htm

I knew I remembered it happening. In any case, TPs are destined to run into the rocks.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.

Post by . »

I thought that a train came out of it and smashed into him
That also happened. Any number of different variations on the theme happened. The writers probably got tired of being required to think up new ones.

Sort of like TP gurus.

Post by . »

Wile E. Coyote (for example) paints a tunnel on a rock wall, and the road runner then races through the fake tunnel. This is usually followed by the coyote's foolishly trying to run through the tunnel after the road runner, only to smash into the hard rock-face.
This is exactly what I was initially thinking of. I really never thought at the time (the mid-'60s) that it would ever have anything to do with some species of idiot that would come to be known as a TP. In any case, I withdraw my mea culpa.

I'll leave it to others who might care to come up with episode numbers.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Nikki wrote:
David Merrill wrote:
Nikki wrote: David:

Did you overlook the word "another?"

I was referring to his PREVIOUS death fast which ended when the government agreed to speak with him and answer his questions. Unfotunately, the answers he got were not the ones that he wanted, so he embarked on his Quixotic journey.

If you don't know the history, you'd be far better off keeping the word salad generator turned off.

See? That is more like it. Nikki justifies that Bob deserves death.

Regards,

David Merrill.
For someone who spews such an incredible amount of verbiage, it's totally incomprenehsible how you consistently manage to misread everything.

No one said or implied that Bob deserves death any more than that everyone suffers death in the long run.

A death fast, since you are clearly unaware of the concept, is something voluntary.

I was suggesting that, since everything Bob has tried in the past few years has failed miserably, that he return to his only successful tactic.

This time, however, he'll be ignored by everyone but a few bloggers, internet forums, and die-hard believers.

You hope Bob kills himself with a death fast; I get it Nikki.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Is it possible for someone allegedly born in Colorado (acording to testimony by his mother and father) to take ESL courses?
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

That is real funny Nikki. Of course it is simply up to the Readers to judge for themselves the gist of your message.

My point was about projection. That you "normal" people can think I am so insane and at the same time project your values about what make me happy, upon me. That is a bit contradictory. To call me crazy and at the same time project standards of conditioning.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

David Merrill wrote:That is real funny Nikki. Of course it is simply up to the Readers to judge for themselves the gist of your message.

My point was about projection. That you "normal" people can think I am so insane and at the same time project your values about what make me happy, upon me. That is a bit contradictory. To call me crazy and at the same time project standards of conditioning.
You ate a lot of paste as a kid, didn't you?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Friday, May 25, 2007

Dear David Merrill: Ah, I see. You were not using the term "projection" as the term is used in psychology. You are using the term in a colloquial, idiosyncratic sense.

Similarly, the use of idiosyncratic methods - the pseudo-analysis of legal materials, in particular -- is a characteristic common to tax protesters generally. Rather than observing the fundamental concepts of our legal system (rules, by the way, that are common to all legal topics, not just taxation) such as stare decisis, rules of statutory construction, understanding of the concept of obiter dicta, tax protesters in general formulate their own methods -- to the extent they are not merely copying and pasting from other tax protesters.

The love of idiosyncratic pseudo-analysis is a significant part of the kind of tax protester mentality that result in arguments like: "income means only corporate profit" -- where the tax protesters cite, as one of their main supports for that silly position, a case like Merchants’ Loan & Trust Co. v. Smietanka, 255 U.S. 509 (1921), where the income ruled TAXABLE in that case was actually non-corporate income, where the taxpayer was not a corporation, and where the term "corporate profit" does not even appear in the text of the Court's decision.

But, I digress. I understand that the corporate profits argument is not necessarily your argument, Mr. Merrill.

Law, like physics or engineering or medicine, is a complex body of knowledge. Law cannot be adequately learned -- and certainly Federal taxation cannot be learned -- by reading one, or ten, or even a hundred court decisions, or by weaving one's way through the hilarious tax protester theories promulgated and repeated and regurgitated on the internet.

A major irony in all this is that while tax protesters as a group believe they have not been "fooled" - that they have found The Truth that they believe evades the vast majority of mortals and the vast majority of lawyers, CPAs, law professors, and judges who make a life's work of intensive, disciplined study of law -- it is the tax protesters who are patently and painfully the victims of their own gullibility. Yours, Famspear
David Merrill

Re: Tax protesters and the concept of transference (psycholo

Post by David Merrill »

Famspear wrote:From: Famspear
Wed May 23, 2007

Dear readers: ...Since I have zero expertise in psychology, I of course feel uniquely qualified to pontificate in this area (hey, if the tax protesters can do stuff like this, why can't I?). Here goes:

I really enjoy this stuff! You guys are great!

Regards,

David Merrill.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

silversopp wrote:I think that could be a possibility, but I think it is more common that the TPs are unsuccessful in their lives and, like most people, want to blame someone other than themselves. I believe Demo mentioned that a very high percentage of TPs also filed for bankruptcy protection in the past. I'd be very curious to see how many TPs have also babbled in various get-rich-quick schemes (home-based businesses advertised on TV, MLM, etc).

Look at David as an example. Here we have an adult who has failed to achieve any marketable skills that would enable him to take care of his family. He looks around and sees most everyone else, even some complete idiots, able to make a living and raise a family. David doesn't want to blame himself, so he looks for some far out explanation. That got him thrown into jail, furthering his frustration. After a few years of this, he becomes a grown up adult putzing along a motor school, crafting lawsuits for inanimate objects that have some whacked out claim against religious figures.

I don't know John Bulten's story, but I'm sure it's really similiar, or about to get very similiar. I just hope that Bulten is smart enough to come to his senses before he goes into court suing Darth Vader and Julius Caesar for a skateboard, fifteen McDonald's french fries, and $67 million.

I hope fuzzrabbit has learned enough. All you have to do is look at the TPs and ask yourself "do I want to be like him?"

Maybe I should have been a little clearer at my use of projection. Silversopp is projecting typical values upon me. In fact you all pigeonhole me into group of TP (Tax Protestor). Which is in my opinion erroneous because the typical TP is incorrect in foundation and philosophy.

You could show me a stock certificate for the Federal Reserve Bank system and I would show you a federal reserve note. That touched a nerve a couple days back - albeit the essence of Title 12 U.S.C. §411:
They (FRNs) shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand...
http://goldismoney.info/forums/attachme ... 1176137303

It is right there in plain legaleze.

But experience has taught me that operating in competition with private banks as a private bank outside the scope of FDIC, is dangerous. Criminal syndicalisms are like that - MAFIA.

The redemption process in Title 12 is simply for people who wish to get out of banking in the federal reserve system. That is not, at least in my mind illegal or in protest of the obligations involved with private credit there.

Basically, it is conditioning that an additional signature is required on the back of the paycheck in endorsement of private credit. And it is bad faith to say that people are properly taught the option so as to make an informed choice. That is conditioning, by any definition. And if David Merrill has evaded or dispelled conditioning about banking, wouldn't it be logical to presume he has evaded or dispelled the conditioning about forming a family?

Regards,

David Merrill.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Nikki wrote:A death fast, since you are clearly unaware of the concept, is something voluntary.

I was suggesting that, since everything Bob has tried in the past few years has failed miserably, that he return to his only successful tactic.

This time, however, he'll be ignored by everyone but a few bloggers, internet forums, and die-hard believers.
Not quite true. He will not be ignored by the passing ice cream truck, hot dog vendor, local chinese delivery joint, etc. They all will continue to feed his fast.
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

David Merrill wrote: The redemption process in Title 12 is simply for people who wish to get out of banking in the federal reserve system.
It's much easier to get out of banking in the federal reserve system by becoming an idiot riding around on a motor scooter, unable to acquire a decent job and take care of his daughter. Afterall, it is very hard to bank in the federal system when one doesn't have any money.
gottago
Victim of Incarcerated Criminal

Post by gottago »

This is a fun thread but I would love to see one analyzing the psychological motivation behind the Quats.

What leads you to take on "tax protestors" as your mission in life?

What needs are met by spending hours trading insults with people obviously not your equal? Since they are obviously crazy and wrong about income taxation, why do you care?

What motivates someone like jj to stalk strangers on the internet and lie to them to get them to provide information so that she, as a "patriot", can pass the information along to government contacts via her husband and then dedicate herself to writing a book, presumably for profit, about the stupidity of the people she studies? She is entitled to her opinion but who (besides you all) is expected to be interested?

How can you wish death and bodily harm on people you do not know and who have not harmed you personally (like the Browns and others) who simply are taking a stand based on their beliefs, which do not concur with yours? Do you wish death and misery on every person who does not agree with your beliefs and opinions about anything? Why do "tax protestors" bother you so much?

I think there is some serious psychopathology in this group, but no one wants to talk about it. At least quatloos is a safe outlet for it.
Florida

Post by Florida »

gottago wrote:This is a fun thread but I would love to see one analyzing the psychological motivation behind the Quats.

What needs are met by spending hours trading insults with people obviously not your equal? Since they are obviously crazy and wrong about income taxation, why do you care?

What motivates someone like jj to stalk strangers on the internet and lie to them to get them to provide information so that she, as a "patriot", can pass the information along to government contacts via her husband and then dedicate herself to writing a book, presumably for profit, about the stupidity of the people she studies? She is entitled to her opinion but who (besides you all) is expected to be interested?

How can you wish death and bodily harm on people you do not know and who have not harmed you personally (like the Browns and others) who simply are taking a stand based on their beliefs, which do not concur with yours? Do you wish death and misery on every person who does not agree with your beliefs and opinions about anything? Why do "tax protestors" bother you so much?

I think there is some serious psychopathology in this group, but no one wants to talk about it. At least quatloos is a safe outlet for it.
Yeah, we're wishing death on people. Seems like you are upset for some reason - perhaps because you find it offensive that we'd help prevent people from falling for scams.
student

Post by student »

silversopp wrote:I think that could be a possibility, but I think it is more common that the TPs are unsuccessful in their lives and, like most people, want to blame someone other than themselves. I believe Demo mentioned that a very high percentage of TPs also filed for bankruptcy protection in the past. I'd be very curious to see how many TPs have also babbled in various get-rich-quick schemes (home-based businesses advertised on TV, MLM, etc).
These statistics are nearly impossible to obtain, outside of relying upon occasional anecdotal clues. Your definition of "unsuccessful" is totally different than a Mexican strawberry picker's, or a family who's on the brink of bankruptsy. It is easy to belittle, overstate and contrive a stereotype towards any group. I don't pay income taxes because I refuse to give money to strangers. Does this mean I'm unsuccessful?
Look at David as an example.
I don't know John Bulten's story,...
Two is not enough to generate an accurate sampling base.
I hope fuzzrabbit has learned enough. All you have to do is look at the TPs and ask yourself "do I want to be like him?"
You sound like an adult female. Who do you wanna be like?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Florida wrote:Seems like you are upset for some reason - perhaps because you find it offensive that we'd help prevent people from falling for scams.
She is upset because the stories she posted here about her situation were exposed as lies, mainly due to efforts of Demo - who was only responding to the situation created by gottago inferring that she was suicidal.

In other words, gottago wanted to come here to paint a story about her being totally innocent in a situation where the IRS victimized her and she wanted us to accept her story. When that didn't happen, she became obsessed with being exposed as a liar and has continually kept up the bitter and petulant posts, trying to unsucessfully to recast the image of this site as some sort of on-line medieval torture chamber.

What gottago keeps ignoring is the simple fact that this site did not force her to come here and post her lies, nor did it force her to get involved and participate in the tax fraud her husband initiated. If she had ignored Quatloos from the very beginning her sorry decisions would have never came to light. But like most arrogant TPs, she was sure she could spin a tale that would prove that we were wrong about the IRS and that we wouldn't be smart enough to see that she was lying.

And the sad thing is that gottago cannot turn loose and simply leave here, even though she has been humiliated and embarrassed every time she tries to tell us that black is white. She cannot even accept the free advice that has been given about attempting to reconstruct her investment records in order to legitimately reduce her tax liability. She would rather hang onto her lies and suffer humiliation and pay higher taxes than admit that she has the ability to turn her life around - for that would mean she would have to admit that Quatloos was right.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

student wrote: I don't pay income taxes because I refuse to give money to strangers. Does this mean I'm unsuccessful?

Two is not enough to generate an accurate sampling base.
Don't worry, you'll get your time in the hole soon enough and then we'll have three samples to work with our base.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

silversopp wrote:
David Merrill wrote: The redemption process in Title 12 is simply for people who wish to get out of banking in the federal reserve system.
It's much easier to get out of banking in the federal reserve system by becoming an idiot riding around on a motor scooter, unable to acquire a decent job and take care of his daughter. Afterall, it is very hard to bank in the federal system when one doesn't have any money.
See? There she goes again. All I have is lawful money - redeemed private credit. But that is a good stab at being entertaining; considering the mentality of the average Quatloser.
This is a fun thread but I would love to see one analyzing the psychological motivation behind the Quats.

What needs are met by spending hours trading insults with people obviously not your equal? Thank you!

I have been doing that for years. I quickly came to the conclusion that because it is so easy to redeem lawful money for Fed stock certificates (FRNs) a conditioning of the masses is effectively pussywhipped by materialism into blindly appeasing obvious counterfeiting through stellionation (fractional lending/elastic currency). And by blind I mean an ability to ignore this ranking, for a great example:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... 7rank.html

And an ability to ridicule people for thinking there must be something fundamentally wrong with the Fed's private credit system. Look up "HR 2778":

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/c108query.html
Ron Paul’s bills HR 2777-2779

Overall though I probably glean an important notation with which to draft remedy for the suitors, courts of competent jurisdiction all around the country, for every five or six pages of blather about denial, dissociation from reality and simple rage and hatred for fellow people here.

Regards,

David Merrill.