Ed Brown's guest on today's radio show.

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Ed Brown's guest on today's radio show.

Post by Demosthenes »

Woman in Standoff Faces Judge

Bernadette Allen faced a judge in Fulton County.

Reported By: Elaine Reyes
Web Editor: Tracey Christensen
Last Modified: 11/7/2005 9:03:45 PM

A woman who barricaded herself inside her upscale Roswell, Ga., home when police tried to evict her made a court appearance on Monday before talking to reporters about the case.

Bernadette Allen surrendered to Fulton County police after a SWAT standoff in August that led to the lockdown of two Fulton County schools. Allen is charged with felonies of making terroristic threats, obstruction, aggravated assault on a police officer and possession of a firearm.

During her arraignment, Allen pleaded not guilty to all of the charges. She told reporters that she was trying to protect her property when authorities tried to evict her from her home.

"My mother was murdered in our home at the front door. Now, for someone to come to my door and I don't know who they are or whatever, I mean that was a very disruptive situation to me and a very scary situation," said Allen.

The ordeal started when police tried to evict Allen from the foreclosed home in an affluent neighborhood. Allen first threatened a locksmith who came to change the locks and then brandished a weapon, according to authorities. Her lawyer pointed out Monday that police never found a gun in her possession.

Allen said that her loan had been switched several times over the past five years which led to confusion with her mortgage company. Despite that explanation, a grand jury found enough evidence to indict Allen on the felony charges.

Allen will remain free on bond. Her next court appearance has not been scheduled.
Last edited by Demosthenes on Wed May 23, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

U.S. District Court
Northern District of Georgia (Atlanta)
CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:07-cv-00670-RWS

Allen v. Howard
Assigned to: Judge Richard W. Story
Cause: 42:1983 Prisoner Civil Rights
Date Filed: 03/21/2007
Date Terminated: 05/01/2007
Jury Demand: None
Nature of Suit: 550 Prisoner: Civil Rights
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Plaintiff
Bernadette Allen represented by Bernadette Allen
Fulton County Jail
Jail Operations MA 303 - Psychiatry Ward
901 Rice St.
Atlanta, GA 30318
PRO SE

V.

Defendant
District Attorney of the Atlanta Judicial Circuit
Individually and In His Official Capacity
TERMINATED: 04/11/2007

Defendant
Paul Howard
District Attorney of the Atlanta Judicial Circuit Individually and In His Official Capacity

Date Filed # Docket Text
03/21/2007 1 COMPLAINT filed by Bernadette Allen. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit A# 2 Exhibit B - Part 1# 3 Exhibit B - Part 2# 4 Exhibit C# 5 Civil Cover Sheet)(epm) Please visit our website at http://www.gand.uscourts.gov to obtain Pretrial Instructions. (Entered: 03/26/2007)
03/26/2007 Submission of 1 Complaint for IFP and Frivolity determination, submitted to Magistrate Judge Janet F. King. (epm) (Entered: 03/26/2007)
04/11/2007 2 AMENDED COMPLAINT against Paul Howard, filed by Bernadette Allen.(ryc) Please visit our website at http://www.gand.uscourts.gov to obtain Pretrial Instructions. (Entered: 04/12/2007)
05/01/2007 3 ORDER DISMISSING CASE AS FRIVOLOUS pursuant to 28 USC 1915A. Signed by Judge Richard W. Story on 5/1/2007. (sjk) (Entered: 05/01/2007)
05/01/2007 4 CLERK'S JUDGMENT dismissing case pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915A. (sjk)--Please refer to http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov to obtain an appeals jurisdiction checklist-- (Entered: 05/01/2007)
05/01/2007 Civil Case Terminated. (sjk) (Entered: 05/01/2007)
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Her complaint against the DA is just sad.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/ballen1.pdf
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Bernadette Allen
Psychiatry Ward
Booking Number 0702278
901 Rile Street
Atlanta Georgia 30318
Why can't something be done to protect these people from themselves?
Last edited by Nikki on Wed May 23, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Nikki wrote:
Bernadette Allen
Psychiatry Ward
Booking Number 0702278
901 Rile Street
Atlanta Georgia 30318
Why can't somethong be done to protect these people from themselves?
That would be kind of the point of putting them in the psychiatry ward - to protect them and others from themselves.

But the question is, who let her have a pointy object to write that letter?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

She is well past the point of protecting her from herself. She seems to be facing a felony(ies?) rap just because no one took the time to explain how looney her ideas were.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Demosthenes wrote:Her complaint against the DA is just sad.

:shock: I'm stunned that she a) actually wrote that out in pencil and b) was actually quite coherent for a psych patient (until, as Lawdog pointed out, she got to page 4).

She and Van Pelt should go bowling sometime.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

"Terroristic threats"? I think that statement is inflammatory.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Demo,

Did you hear on that show Elaine's explanation of why the US Marshalls have not arrested the Browns yet?

Since Ed and Elaine are the Body of the Lord, they live on the Lord's Land, the Lord has claimed their Land and the Lord has claimed their bodies, therefore no one else has a claim to them. Both Ed and Elaine stated that the "fiction" have realized this and are now leaving them alone.

When I hear that, I really wish the Marshalls would stop being so passive and actually go arrest those two felons.

In fact, Ed and Elaine told this woman that is all she needed to do, realize that she is the Body of the Lord, and the "fictions" will leave them alone.

The blind leading the blind, methinks.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Dezcad wrote:The blind leading the blind, methinks.
The psychopathic delusional nutjob leading the psychopathic delusional nutjob is more like it.
gezco

Re: critique

Post by gezco »

UGA Lawdog wrote:For a pro se plaintiff in a psych ward, she was doing moderately ok up ...
The Lawdog
Now that’s a low bar.
gezco

Post by gezco »

Dezcad wrote:Demo,

Did you hear on that show Elaine's explanation of why the US Marshalls have not arrested the Browns yet?

I think it has more to do with that 50BMG Reno has. That thing has an affective range of close to 2000 meters.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Whoa.
Evicted woman suspected of harassing letters
July 20, 2006

The occupants of a Roswell home – the site of a barricade stand-off with police last August – report receiving numerous suspicious packages, one containing a dead bird, allegedly from the previous owner, Bernadette Allen.

Facing foreclosure, Allen barricaded herself inside her home at 125 Wingfield Boulevard Aug. 19, 2005, after she refused to be evicted. She threatened to kill herself while police, SWAT team members and the FBI stood outside for several hours until she finally surrendered.

The new owners of the home called Roswell Police last month when they received a package with no return address, but with the words "Known Trespassers" written on it.

The writing was identical to 11 letters Allen had written to the new owners over the last year accusing them of "trespassing." She signed the letters with her name police said.

The GBI bomb squad was called to the house for the June 23 incident, only to find a dead bird inside the package, along with another letter from Allen.

The most recent incident occurred July 15 when the new occupants found an envelope inside their mailbox. Inside was a plastic bag filled with a yellow liquid and a piece of paper with writing on it.

Roswell Sgt. James McGee could not confirm Allen sent this latest package, pending detectives' investigation.

Allen's exact whereabouts are unknown at this point. She is using the mailing address of a group called The Black Activists vs. Property Theft to mail the letters. She's also sent letters from this group's address to the District Attorney's office regarding the current owners.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Hmm....maybe it's not such a good idea to buy foreclosed property :(
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote:Her complaint against the DA is just sad.

I had troubling following the text from one page to the next and then noticed that all the even numbered pages are missing.

Did I overlook something?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

She probably wrote her filing on both sides of the paper and the court only scanned one side.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Then I guess that means that there were 20 pages handwritten madness.
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Actually, it's pretty good for TP's all around, mental hospital or no. Most of mine are semi-illiterate. At least most of the words are spelled right here. I sent one a list of Interrogatories and he filed a response opposing my "Interrogators." I sort of wished at that point, my Interrogators would have fallen back on the training they'd received at Gitmo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Disilloosianed wrote:Actually, it's pretty good for TP's all around, mental hospital or no. Most of mine are semi-illiterate. At least most of the words are spelled right here. I sent one a list of Interrogatories and he filed a response opposing my "Interrogators." I sort of wished at that point, my Interrogators would have fallen back on the training they'd received at Gitmo.
I agree, I've recieved appeals of assessments in crayon (I kid you not) At least you can somewhat understand this whacko. Last month I got a notice of dishonor accusing me, "a commercial vessel", of attacking his ship which he had registered at the Sec. of state's office. And yes, the notice actually said, "attacking the ship". That little number cost a notary her license.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Oh that's excellent! That beats the one that requested the court sanction me for refusing to obey the laws of Moses. As I'm reading the motion, I'm thinking...."ok....adultry.....still alright on that one......murder......still good there......"