Ed Brown's guest on today's radio show.

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Last month I got a notice of dishonor accusing me, "a commercial vessel", of attacking his ship

Pirate!
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:
Last month I got a notice of dishonor accusing me, "a commercial vessel", of attacking his ship

Pirate!
Where's the rum?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
gezco

Post by gezco »

Imalawman wrote:
Disilloosianed wrote:Actually, it's pretty good for TP's all around, mental hospital or no. Most of mine are semi-illiterate. At least most of the words are spelled right here. I sent one a list of Interrogatories and he filed a response opposing my "Interrogators." I sort of wished at that point, my Interrogators would have fallen back on the training they'd received at Gitmo.
I agree, I've recieved appeals of assessments in crayon (I kid you not) At least you can somewhat understand this whacko. Last month I got a notice of dishonor accusing me, "a commercial vessel", of attacking his ship which he had registered at the Sec. of state's office. And yes, the notice actually said, "attacking the ship". That little number cost a notary her license.
He must have been trying to use the law of the water as opposed to the law of the land. Because, as Jordan Maxwell tells us “When you were born, your mother's water broke. And when your mother's water broke, you came out, and this is why you have to have a birth certificate. Because you are a maritime admiralty product under international law."
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Imalawman wrote:Last month I got a notice of dishonor accusing me, "a commercial vessel", of attacking his ship which he had registered at the Sec. of state's office.
You should come clean and admit it - I am sure there is a tape recording somewhere of you yelling "Ramming speed!" in the office.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

CaptainKickback wrote:I am thinking more along the lines of barratry.

Look it up.
Criminal and civil law

Barratry, in criminal and civil law, is the act or practice of bringing repeated legal actions solely to harass. Usually, the actions brought lack merit. This action has been declared a crime in some jurisdictions. For example, in the U.S. states of California and Pennsylvania and Virginia, barratry is a misdemeanor. It is legal in England and Wales.

Barratry also refers to the act of soliciting legal business from potential clients based on a particular event not just solely to harass. For example, an attorney who stops at the scene of a car accident or follows an ambulance to an emergency room in hopes of finding and soliciting business from an injured and aggrieved person might be accused of barratry. The lawyer who practices barratry is called, pejoratively, an Ambulance chaser.

Admiralty law

In admiralty law, barratry is a fraudulent act committed by a master or crew of a vessel which damages the vessel or its cargo. These activities may include desertion, illegal scuttling, theft of the ship or cargo, and/or committing any actions which may not not be in the shipowner's best interests by the master or crew.

Other

Barratry, when used elsewhere, may refer to the buying and selling of positions (which are expected to bring greater income in time) within civil authority. This venality is the secular counterpart of simony, which is the buying and selling of positions (notably benefices) within the church.

In his Inferno, Canto XXII, Dante places barrators in the Eighth Circle, fifth pit of Hell.

I'm thinking, maybe, that you're referring to the definition under "Admiralty Law". However, the civil and criminal definition also fits this scenario.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

You sank my battleship!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote:You sank my battleship!
Bet you had it on the W-2, W-3 and W-4 grid.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wake up georgians

America Freedom To Fascism

Post by wake up georgians »

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

AMERICA FREEDOM TO FASCISM SPREAD THE WORD...
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Re: America Freedom To Fascism

Post by Quixote »

wake up georgians wrote:In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Russo had a chance to tell the truth. He knew that lies sell better.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

wake up georgians wrote:In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Oh look, a new TP, complete with the perfunctory Paytriotic quote....Isn't he cute?

As for freedom to fascism, it’s bad when you go from trying to syndicate the movie, to putting the movie on DVD for sale, to finally giving it away for free on Google - all within a 5 month period.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Yes, America: Freedom to Fascism -- here are some of the "words."

Scott Moore, movie critic of the Portland Mercury, wrote (excerpted under the Fair Use Doctrine):

--"There are a lot of stupid people in this world, and some of those stupid people are going to see America: From Freedom to Fascism and buy into its half-baked, hole-ridden, libertarian rhetoric about the alleged illegality of the federal income tax. And that's a shame, if for no other reason than it'll be a small defeat for logic. [ . . . ] By presenting half-baked ideas with the faux certainty that comes through sheer repetition and bending historical facts to fit his agenda, Russo manages to portray the legality of the income tax as something actually worthy of debate. Thing is, it's only up for debate among anti-tax conspiracy theorists who have anarchist, anti-social tendencies." http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland ... gory=22133

Nathan Rabin of the Onion A.V. Club wrote, on July 26, 2006 (excerpted under Fair Use Doctrine):

--"One-time Libertarian presidential candidate and Rude Awakening auteur Aaron Russo has some very good news for you: You don't have to pay income taxes anymore! Congrats! Don't spend all that extra money in one place! [ . . . ] Now the bad news: any day now, jackbooted thugs will break down your door, seize your belongings, and insert a computer chip inside you so you can be monitored at all times by the looming one-world international government. Yes, America: Freedom To Fascism gives the Michael Moore muckraking-underdog treatment to the kind of delirious conspiracy theories generally associated with mentally ill homeless people screaming at passersby to stop stealing their brainwaves.
[ . . . ] In his wildly digressive quest to uncover the (supposedly nonexistent) law forcing Americans to pay income tax, Russo unconvincingly indicts a rogue's gallery of scoundrels and heavies from both sides of the political divide.
From the IRS to the greedy bankers behind the Federal Reserve to The Patriot Act to globalization and multinational corporations, Fascism rails semi-coherently against bogeymen on the left and right, employing public-access production values and a world-changing sense of purpose wildly disproportionate to its paltry resources and amateurish direction. The film somehow manages the formidable task of being far more paranoid and hysterical than even its screaming tabloid-headline title would suggest."
http://www.avclub.com/content/node/50940

Yes, the critics were raving. --Famspear
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

wake up georgians wrote:AMERICA FREEDOM TO FASCISM SPREAD THE WORD...
How about the word "Bullshit"?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket.
--George Orwell
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

This is the kind of implication from the converse that tax nuts love.

They are laughing at me; they laughed at Galileo; therefore I must be Galileo. (Wrong. They also laughed at Bozo the Clown.)

Now: Orwell says that telling the truth is revolutionary; I am revolutionary; therefore I must be telling the truth.

Sigh.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.