Bulten on how to earn statutor wages

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

grammarian44 wrote:I don't think JB ever really debates the law. What he does is issue a series of ramblings that dance around, but never state, his central claim. These ramblings completely disregard law as actually practiced by legal professionals--that is, the kind of legal argument that has a prayer of persuading an actual judge in an actual court (or, for that matter, the IRS). Then when others disagree with him based on their conclusions about what they think his thesis is, he repeatedly insists that the disagreements are misplaced because his interlocutors misunderstood his position in the first place.
What you are describing is not just Bulten, but any tax denier that has joined the ranks of the hard-core delusional. They still have enough operational cognition to realize that what they are saying makes no sense and will not stand up to hard scrutiny, so they retreat into the refuge of semantics, evasions, and other rhetorical games.

We've seem similar behavior from Larken Rose, Sybil, and just about anyone else that has drunk deeply from the kool-aid.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
John J. Bulten

Post by John J. Bulten »

I will debate the law as soon as someone commits to abide by any reasonable independent formal rules of debate and we find a legal proposition on which we disagree.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

John J. Bulten wrote:I will debate the law as soon as someone commits to abide by any reasonable independent formal rules of debate and we find a legal proposition on which we disagree.
Formal rules of debate are for sophists. I'm after the truth, not a well constructed squirrel case. Payment received for work is revenue and gives rise to income equal to the value of the money or other property received less direct expenses of producing the income. If you agree with that legal proposition, amend your last CtC return to correct the errors in it. If not, put up or shut up. For once in your life, take and defend a position.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Quixote wrote:For once in your life, take and defend a position.
Why would he do that?

You know, we quote Einstein to TPs to the effect that insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It applies to us too. Bulten has been posting here for some time. Folks here have repeatedly presented him with accurate accounts of the nature of income and wages. When has he ever responded with anything but blather? Why would now be different?

In that, he is no different from TPs generally. You point out the truth once or twice. After that, you poke them with sticks or throw spitballs at them, because reason is a waste of electrons. True, this site has a lot of guest non-posters, but from reading the truth and then seeing the evasions and non-responses of a Bulten, they will get an accurate picture.

But attempting to reason, after the first couple of times, is insanity.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:
Quixote wrote:For once in your life, take and defend a position.
Why would he do that?

You know, we quote Einstein to TPs to the effect that insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It applies to us too. Bulten has been posting here for some time. Folks here have repeatedly presented him with accurate accounts of the nature of income and wages. When has he ever responded with anything but blather? Why would now be different?

In that, he is no different from TPs generally. You point out the truth once or twice. After that, you poke them with sticks or throw spitballs at them, because reason is a waste of electrons. True, this site has a lot of guest non-posters, but from reading the truth and then seeing the evasions and non-responses of a Bulten, they will get an accurate picture.

But attempting to reason, after the first couple of times, is insanity.
What else can we do with all this spare time on our hands?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LDE

Where's Steve?

Post by LDE »

Bulten and Merrill make me miss SteveSy. What ever happened to him?
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: Where's Steve?

Post by Imalawman »

LDE wrote:Bulten and Merrill make me miss SteveSy. What ever happened to him?
He makes an appearance every now and again. He just had a small flurry of posts this past week. I think he wants to post here, but he's said many times he has better things to do, he can't post without proving that he, in fact, has nothing better to do.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
LDE

Bulten?

Post by LDE »

John J. Bulten wrote:
I will debate the law as soon as someone commits to abide by any reasonable independent formal rules of debate and we find a legal proposition on which we disagree.
Well, formal rules of debate probably are not going to be observed on the Internet (though the social norms for message boards are pretty well understood). But the legal question boils down to this: Both you and I collect money in exchange for work. I don't doubt that I have taxable income. Somehow you don't believe the money you get for working is taxable income. How so?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Bulten?

Post by LPC »

LDE wrote:But the legal question boils down to this: Both you [Bulten] and I collect money in exchange for work. I don't doubt that I have taxable income. Somehow you don't believe the money you get for working is taxable income. How so?
Time to cue either (a) the crickets or (b) a stream of meaningless Bultenesque gibberish.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Well, there's also the extremely remote possibility that he'll admit that he's full of it.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LDE wrote:John J. Bulten wrote:
Well, formal rules of debate probably are not going to be observed on the Internet (though the social norms for message boards are pretty well understood). But the legal question boils down to this: Both you and I collect money in exchange for work. I don't doubt that I have taxable income. Somehow you don't believe the money you get for working is taxable income. How so?
Uh oh, someone else is drawing lines in the sand again...this could get ugly.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
John J. Bulten

Post by John J. Bulten »

John J. Bulten wrote:I will debate the law as soon as someone commits to abide by any reasonable independent formal rules of debate and we find a legal proposition on which we disagree.
Quixote wrote:Formal rules of debate are for sophists. I'm after the truth, not a well constructed squirrel case. Payment received for work is revenue and gives rise to income equal to the value of the money or other property received less direct expenses of producing the income. If you agree with that legal proposition, amend your last CtC return to correct the errors in it. If not, put up or shut up. For once in your life, take and defend a position.
LDE wrote:Well, formal rules of debate probably are not going to be observed on the Internet (though the social norms for message boards are pretty well understood). But the legal question boils down to this: Both you and I collect money in exchange for work. I don't doubt that I have taxable income. Somehow you don't believe the money you get for working is taxable income. How so?
When someone wants to take me up on my offer to debate the law, I will. However, under the auspices of being "after the truth" (from one of the most forked tongues here) and "social norms for message boards" I'll be happy to pretend to debate the law. Subject, of course, to my stated purpose of having fun rather than attempting (fruitlessly) to convince anyone.

Quixote's first clause refers to "revenue" which does not to me have a legal definition or constitute a legal proposition, so I cannot agree or disagree on this ambiguous clause. The second clause is equally ambiguous but can be resolved if we assume that in the context of tax law, "income" has the same meaning as it takes in the 16th Amendment. In that case my position would be "Payment received for work does not necessarily give rise to Constitutional income equal to the value of the money or other property received less direct expenses of producing the Constitutional income."

My position is, of course, as self-evident as the observation that payment prior to 1776 or payment between non-US-connected parties outside the US generally does not give rise to Constitutional income.

Now of course it would also be appropriate to offer, as a friendly amendment, the position Quixote probably would have preferred to take, namely, "Payment received within a union state for work performed on or after 3/1/1913 ...." It's too bad that there is no law which demonstrates that the income derived from such payments is equal to the value received less expenses and Quixote cannot supply one to meet his burden of proof under this hypothetical.

What we do have is a provision from 1935 that payment received for "employment", as defined now in 3121(b), does so derive; and a provision from about the 1940s that payments to "employees", as defined now in 3401(c), does so derive. I've already been well over the meaning of these two words, and would defer to Q as to whether he wants to reopen them. But suffice for now to observe that (1) if these later entries into the law created the liability for all union-state pay-for-work, then there was no tax on income derived from pay-for-work prior to them; and (2) if they didn't, then there is no provision remaining that might show the income derived from pay-for-work is equal to the value received.

It also answers LDE's proposition simply to repeat that no law establishes that my pay for work derives income equal to the value received. I don't know how familiar you are with the law and the case, LDE, so I won't presume a particular route on you. I'll simply leave you both to propose candidates for such a law that states union-state pay-for-work always derives income equal to the value received.

Have fun! I am.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

John J. Bulten wrote:In that case my position would be "Payment received for work does not necessarily give rise to Constitutional income equal to the value of the money or other property received less direct expenses of producing the Constitutional income."
Unfortunately, that position has been held to be invalid by many courts.

Payment received for work (which is exactly a subset of compensation for services) constitutes an accession to wealth -- income.

Thus it is susceptable to txation via the income tax.

If you have any legal basis for your statement, we'd love to hear it and see the appropriate citations. Absent those, what you stated is merely an opinion.
John J. Bulten

Post by John J. Bulten »

Hi Nikki. As you just read, my first statement of position (which you quoted) was self-evidently true, so does not need any legal basis and has not been held invalid by many courts.

My second statement of position (there is no law which demonstrates that the income derived from payment received within a union state for work performed on or after 3/1/1913 is equal to the value received less expenses) has also not been held invalid. You did not name any cites, but if you had, you would be compelled to note that none of them states that union-state pay-for-work always or automatically or necessarily is or derives income or profit.

I know Congress can tax any accession to wealth they can tax. And Constitutional income necessarily means "any accession to wealth they can tax". Just observing that something is an accession to wealth does not prove Congress can tax it. Sorry.

"There is no law" is a proposition in the negative and cannot be proven by legal basis: it can be disproven by legal basis. But I have researched every law and case which has been presented to me as potential counterexamples and none of them say this.

If you care to try again, please tell me what debate norms you subscribe to, as the others did.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Nikki in reference to one of John’s asinine statements wrote: Unfortunately, that position has been held to be invalid by many courts.
Most if not all in fact.
John J. Bulten wrote:My second statement of position (there is no law which demonstrates that the income derived from payment received within a union state for work performed on or after 3/1/1913 is equal to the value received less expenses) has also not been held invalid.
This would imply the statement had any validity or even made sense for that matter. What magically happened in 1913 that has the least bit to do with any of this? The answer is nothing, but I am all a twitter to see what nonsense you come up with this time.
John J. Bulten wrote:I know Congress can tax any accession to wealth they can tax. And Constitutional income necessarily means "any accession to wealth they can tax". Just observing that something is an accession to wealth does not prove Congress can tax it. Sorry.
Now there is an admission, one you’ll deny later on, and an immediate contradiction of you previous statement. Way to go John, almost a record for you.
John J. Bulten wrote:But I have researched every law and case which has been presented to me as potential counterexamples and none of them say this.
Sure you have John, just like you’ve really looked hard at the everything else.
natty

Post by natty »

John J. Bulten wrote: When someone wants to take me up on my offer to debate the law, I will. However, under the auspices of being "after the truth" (from one of the most forked tongues here) and "social norms for message boards" I'll be happy to pretend to debate the law. Subject, of course, to my stated purpose of having fun rather than attempting (fruitlessly) to convince anyone.
For our shared amusement, please define 'law'.

(The Constitution for the United States of America is the supreme law of the land, therefore, God's law, the Declaration of Independence, French law, etc. would be without the debate.)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Sunday, June 3, 2007

The issue for most tax protesters is not whether some court somewhere has stated that “union-state pay-for-work always or automatically or necessarily is or derives income or profit” or has used some other specific language that John Bulten likes.

The main issue for most tax protesters is whether wages are taxable. Every court that has decided the issue has ruled that wages are taxable. Yours, Famspear.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

John J. Bulten wrote:I know Congress can tax any accession to wealth they can tax. And Constitutional income necessarily means "any accession to wealth they can tax". Just observing that something is an accession to wealth does not prove Congress can tax it. Sorry.
Then all you have to do is (a) specify any accession to wealth that Congress cannot constitutionally tax; (b) cite the specific provision of the Constitution that says so; and (c) cite any court decision in the history of the country (that hasn't been overruled) that supports your contentions re (a) and (b).

Prediction: Bulten will dodge by changing the subject.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Paul

Post by Paul »

Typical Bulten BS. So much random juxtaposition of words that have no meaning in the context he uses them, you can't find a proposition in the clutter. For example,

that payment prior to 1776 or payment between non-US-connected parties outside the US generally does not give rise to Constitutional income.
Why 1776? That date has zero to do with the Constitution.

And what does something outside the US with no connection to the US have to do with the compensation someone in the US receives for services?

Word salad. Or BS.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

My second statement of position (there is no law which demonstrates that the income derived from payment received within a union state for work performed on or after 3/1/1913 is equal to the value received less expenses) has also not been held invalid.
Of course there is. Reading v. Commissioner, 70 T.C. 730, 734 (1978), affd. 614 F.2d 159 (8th Cir. 1980). I cited it weeks ago, before you cut and ran the last time. But even if there were not, facts are not established by law. For example, there is no law taking any position on the proposition that John Bulten is a sophistic weasel, but that doesn't make it an unsettled question.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat