Remember POW Dr. Tom this Memorial Day

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Truthstalker

Remember POW Dr. Tom this Memorial Day

Post by Truthstalker »

Dear Subscriber,

I finally got around to doing something I've been meaning to do for
a while, and it's somewhat appropriate that it is up and running on
Memorial Day. Though this is generally considered a day to
acknowledge those who died in military combat, the underlying
sentiment is to remember to be thankful for those who put
themselves in harm's way for the sake of the rest of us. And
getting killed is not the only way to suffer for a cause. Becoming
a prisoner of war is another unpleasant result of fighting the good
fight.

Memorial Day is often a day of fervent nationalism--something I
personally detest. I find loyalty to an arbitrary geographic
location, or to a particular group of tyrants ("government"), to be
goofy (to put it nicely). On the other hand, loyalty to a
principle, a noble ideal--such as freedom, or truth, or justice--is
very worthwhile, and those who have suffered for such a cause
deserve our recognition and our support.

That is why I started the Tax Heretic Relief Fund, to make it
easier for people to help out the family of one particular "tax
heretic" who has risked and lost a LOT in an effort to spread the
truth: Dr. Charles Thomas Clayton (aka "Dr. Tom"). While there lots
of good people who have suffered at the hands of the IRS, I know of
no one who has given so freely of his time, effort, and money (LOTS
of all three) with not even the request to ever be repaid for any
of it. His reward was to be demonized, harassed, railroaded, and
then sentenced to five years in prison for crimes the government
KNOWS he did not commit.

The efforts of Dr. Clayton ARE having a lasting effect, even while
he sits in prison. There is no way to tell how many thousands of
people have had a taste of the truth, who never would have if not
for Dr. Clayton. So this Memorial Day, I honor one person in
particular, who has "fallen in battle" for speaking his mind. He
was taken from his friends and family and made into a political
prisoner, because he said things which the powers that be could not
refute, but would not tolerate being spoken (which is a fine
definition of the concept of "heresy"). Thus the name of the fund.

We can't do much for Dr. Tom himself right now (I'm not even
allowed to write to him until I'm finished my "supervised
release"), but we can help his family, which is his primary concern
right now. A lot of you generously gave in the past, but now it's
become a lot easier. The following link allows donations to be made
online. (Before donating, please read the rest of this message.)

https://128bit.ClickandPledge.com/Default.asp?ID=14700

While you can just make a one-time donation, I would strongly
encourage those who can to make it a recurring monthly thing, which
this system can do (which is why I chose it). We each have enough
going on in our lives that it's pretty easy to forget about the
troubles of anyone we don't see or hear about on a daily basis. His
family has expenses every month, whether we remember to send them
help or not. Wouldn't it be cool if they could count on getting an
assistance check every month?

There are still a little under 6,000 people on this list. If we
each pledged just $10 a month, Tom's family would get almost
$60,000 a month (about $700,000 a year), all of which even the IRS
knows is tax-free. Of course, there's no way that's going to
happen, but if a thousand of us pledge what we can, we can make a
hard time significantly easier for the family of this "tax
heretic." Don't hold back because you think others will do it.
Trust me on this: NO amount of money would be too much of a "thank
you" for what Tom has done for all of us. (I'd love to see his
family get a million dollars a year, but I know that won't happen.)

Important note: If you want to do a monthly recurring gift, you
need to put in the YEARLY total as the donation amount on the first
page. For example, if you want to give $10 a month for a year, put
$120 as the donation amount; if you can do $20 a month, put $240,
and so on. The NEXT page in the donation process gives you the
option of splitting your total donation up into regular monthly
payments.

I'm sure I'll be mentioning this worthy cause again, but I wanted
to get this message out this Memorial Day, so people can start
showing support for this particular "fallen" hero.

Sincerely,

Larken Rose
http://www.larkenrose.com

P.S. Many thanks to the anonymous supporter who sent me and Tessa
that hunk of metal. It couldn't have come at a better time, though
I lament having to convert it into those dang Federal Reserve
notes.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

That answers a question I had earlier today.

I was wondering why there were tears on the statues at the Marine Corps Memorial.

Rose has just placed himself below contempt.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Same 'ole same 'ole: Blah, blah, blah, send money.

Paytriotism at its finest.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Fallen heroes: Mahatma Ghandi, Rosa Parks, and Tom Clayton.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Monday, May 28, 2007

Charles Thomas Clayton? Forgive me if the following has already been posted in this forum before, but I’m new here. How about a memorial day for the victims of Larken Rose and Tom Clayton? This is from the court’s opinion in Meyer v. Commissioner, 2005-1 U.S. Tax Cas. (CCH) paragr. 50,373 (W.D. Wis. 2005):

---“It appears from plaintiff's submissions that he obtains his erroneous view of the Internal Revenue Code from an internet website, http://www.taxableincome.net. The excerpt that plaintiff submitted to the court as an attachment to his "Report per order scheduling preliminary pre-trial conference" indicates that this website is typical of similar websites and seminars that have proliferated in recent years and have convinced many people, incorrectly, that they are not liable for payment of federal income taxes. Somehow, the charlatans who run these websites and conduct tax avoidance seminars continue to fool unsophisticated people to the benefit of their own bank accounts. They manage to do this despite the fact that no court anywhere has agreed with their interpretations of the tax code or Constitution and in the face of numerous successful felony prosecutions of many of their colleagues. See, e.g., http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/04/ ... 6237.shtml (reporting arrest of anti-tax seminar leader Lynne Meredith on federal charges)

---”If the websites did not have such adverse consequences for their credulous audience, they would be humorous. For example, the document entitled "Cutting to the Chase," by Tom Clayton, MD, that plaintiff submitted to defendant's counsel begins by arguing that one of the reasons that "most Americans (those with only domestic commerce) have been DECEIVED by the Treasury Department and DOJ into paying income taxes that they did NOT owe by law" is "Limited access to the law and the lack of computer search engines." [ . . . ] Obviously, when Tom Clayton, MD, made this statement, he had not looked in the telephone book to count the number of lawyers specializing in tax law or tried using the long established, technologically advanced legal search engines, Westlaw or LexisNexis. Can either Clayton or plaintiff really believe that if their view of the law were correct, highly paid, highly trained and highly motivated tax lawyers would not be challenging the Internal Revenue Service's efforts to collect income tax from persons who are not engaged in "international and possessions commerce"? Id. Do they really think that as lay people, they have discovered a valid view of the tax laws that has eluded not only the tax lawyers in private practice but all of the judges in the United States?

---”Rather than spending his money and time reading the misrepresentations, half-truths and full-fledged falsehoods perpetrated by Tom Clayton, MD, and his ilk, plaintiff [Joseph Meyer] would be better served if he were to read a legal text on taxation, its history, constitutionality and application such as Federal Taxation of Income, Estates and Gifts, by Boris I. Bittker and Lawrence Lokken. If he does not want to make the effort such a text requires, he might find much of interest at http://www.quatloos.com/taxscams/Tax_Scams_Museum.htm or http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/friv_tax.pdf. At the latter website, he would find the legal reasons why his arguments are groundless, at the former, he would find excellent advice. Among other things, he would be reminded that no one has ever won a civil case arguing the kinds of theories that he is arguing in this case and that hundreds of people who have relied on the arguments have not only lost their cases but have been required to pay penalties to the IRS and have been sanctioned for advocating a frivolous theory to the court. http://www.quatloos.com/taxscams/taxprot.htm.”

Mr. Joseph Meyer, the plaintiff in the case from which the above quoted material was derived, arguably did a lot to bring problems on himself. But Clayton had his role as well, and is now paying the price. Just revisting some history. Yours, Famspear
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Good idea! Let's observe Tax Scam Victims' Day. Demo, choose a significant date for us.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

notes.
Anyone here have a "hunk of metal" they'd like to send Larken's way?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Truthstalker wrote:
notes.
INCOMING!!!
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

Truthstalker wrote:
notes.
How about a 175-grain hunk of copper-jacketed lead, courtesy of the Lake City Arsenal?

:twisted:
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

There are still a little under 6,000 people on this list. If we each pledged just $10 a month, Tom's family would get almost $60,000 a month (about $700,000 a year), all of which even the IRS knows is tax-free.
I'm sure that's what various ministers thought about their "love offerings". "Terrell preached daily at branches of his church and traveling tent revivals. At each service, in addition to collecting church offerings, appellant collected personal contributions known as "love offerings". Typically, a bucket would be placed in front of the congregation for church offerings, and Terrell would make an appeal to his audiences to help him personally by handing him money directly or placing it in one of the pockets of an apron that he wore at the time of the offerings. In addition, contribution envelopes were distributed at services resulting in the receipt of substantial sums of money through the mail at a post office box in Waco, Texas.

The court thereafter properly charged the jury on the definition and elements of a gift. 3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Footnotes - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3 The instruction on gifts was as follows:
It is for you, the Jury, to decide whether certain funds are taxable or nontaxable to the Defendant. In determining whether a payment of money or property to the Defendant is a nontaxable gift, you should look to the intent of the parties at the time the payment was made, particularly the intent of the person making the payment. Such payments are gifts if they proceed from a detached and disinterested generosity, out of affection, respect, admiration, charity, or like impulses. In making this determination, however, you must look at all the facts and circumstances in this case. The characterization given to a certain payment by either the Defendant or the person making the payment is not conclusive. Rather you the members of the Jury, must make an objective inquiry as to whether a certain payment is a gift. You should look at the terms and substance of any request made by the Defendant for the funds. In addition, you may take into account the following factors:

1. A payment is not a gift if it is made to compensate the Defendant for his services. In this connection, you should consider how the defendant made his living.

2. A payment is not a gift if the person making the payment expects to receive anything in return for it. A payment would not be a gift if it was made with the expectation that it would allow the Defendant to remain in business.

3. A payment is not a gift to the Defendant if it is made with the expectation that it will be used to further the religious or ministerial activities of the Defendant.

4. A payment is not a gift if the person making the payment felt he had a duty or obligation to make the payment.

5. A payment is not a gift if the person making the payment did so out of fear or intimidation.
This is not a complete listing of all the factors you should consider. You should take into account all the facts and circumstances of this case in determining whether any payment was a gift.

- - - - - - - - - - - - End Footnotes- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We find that the court's instructions were complete and accurate in all respects and reject all of appellant's objections to them as lacking in merit." United States v. Terrell, 754 F.2d 1139.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

How about a 175-grain hunk of copper-jacketed lead, courtesy of the Lake City Arsenal?
a hunka hunka burning lead

ya ya

just a hunka hunka burning lead

oooh ya

weee-oh

Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Truthstalker has left the thread.