Paratroopers over the side....

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Disilloosianed

Paratroopers over the side....

Post by Disilloosianed »

I have been entertaining myself checking out the truthattack.com site, when I came across this little gem:
YOUR TRUTH-TROOPER KOMBAT KIT WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO
BRING AN END TO THE WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP-OFF!!
Does anyone know what the troopers receive? I can't find a description of everything I need to end the world....I mean, the ripoff.....

If you haven't visited this one, it's great fun. I'm hoping they start going door-to-door to "tell every citizen the truth."
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Re: Paratroopers over the side....

Post by Randall »

Disilloosianed wrote:I have been entertaining myself checking out the truthattack.com site, when I came across this little gem:
YOUR TRUTH-TROOPER KOMBAT KIT WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO
BRING AN END TO THE WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP-OFF!!
Does anyone know what the troopers receive? I can't find a description of everything I need to end the world....I mean, the ripoff.....

If you haven't visited this one, it's great fun. I'm hoping they start going door-to-door to "tell every citizen the truth."
You will receive one (1) bar of Ivory soap. The soap that floats. No other brand does that, what a rip off.
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Captain, it's a quote from the movie Stand By Me (by Teddy Duchamp, the crazy kid, actually.) I will defer to your superior military knowledge....Don't know about Teddy, though.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

CaptainKickback wrote:Paratroopers do not go over the side, they go out the door, or out the tail ramp.

In the earlier days of amphibious warfare, the Marines would go over the sides of the big ships to enter the smaller landing craft.

Now, the USMC does not go over the side, but rather goes to the beach on LCAC, landing craft and LVTP-7s launched directly from assault ships.

I suppose on occasion, SEALS go over the side of a boat to infiltrate a beach, but that hardly counts.
Marines AND ARMY!

Remember that little skirmish called D-Day at Normandy?

The majority of men scrambling down the webbing into the LCIs were Army.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Now, the USMC does not go over the side, but rather goes to the beach on LCAC, landing craft and LVTP-7s launched directly from assault ships.
During Nam they frequently used LSD-25s (you know, Landing Ship Docks).
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

"Truth Trooper" sounds like a good album title for Jello Biafra.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Paul

Post by Paul »

With apologies to Prof, it looks like it's time to put in a good word for the Navy.

Let the daredevils go over the side (or jump out of functioning airplanes)! Let's go back and get some more coffee, and catch the action on the news.