Ed and Elaine Brown takedown?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Ed and Elaine Brown takedown?

Post by Demosthenes »

Sorry for the delay in reporting this guys. I've been a teensy bit busy.
SWAT Teams, Armored Vehicle Seen Near Brown Compound
Couple Holed Up In House After Tax-Evasion Convictions

POSTED: 11:37 am EDT June 7, 2007
UPDATED: 12:37 pm EDT June 7, 2007

PLAINFIELD, N.H. -- Neighbors of convicted tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown reported police SWAT teams and at least one armored vehicle converging on a field near the home Thursday morning.

Authorities did not confirm they were moving in to arrest the fugitives, but local police, the governor's office and the U.S. Attorney's office referred calls to the U.S. Marshal's service, which has been negotiating daily with the Browns since their federal tax evasion conviction in January.

Susan Williams, who lives a mile or so away from the Browns on Center of Town Road, said she saw police officers, SWAT team members, a fire truck, ambulance, helicopter and at least one armored vehicle assembled in a field across from her driveway.

Another nearby resident, Russell Hoisington, said he saw a caravan of armored vehicles and many police cars drive past his house on Stage Road just before 9 a.m.

"There's been a lot of cars heading up that way. Law enforcement types," he said.

Hoisington's two nephews live near the Browns. He said some time after 9 a.m., state police told his nephews to leave their home, but did not tell them why.

The Browns answered a telephone call from The Associated Press by saying: "This is the Lord's House. This is Sister Elaine and Brother Edward."

He said nothing was out of the ordinary at the house, then hung up. But he told a different story earlier Thursday to a supporter, who recorded it and posted some of it online.

"Too many funny little things" had gone on in the past 12 hours said a bit after 9 a.m.

"One of our visitors went out for a walk at about 7:45 ... with my dog, and about an hour later, about 8:45, the dog come ripping down the driveway, and I've waited now for another half hour and -- no visitor," Brown said.

He also said the power had gone out twice overnight and an airplane had flown silently over the house, where he said he was holed up with supporters.

"It could be a test to see our response time, our reaction," he said.

Numerous supporters have visited and stayed with the Browns during and after their trial. There was no way of knowing how many were there Thursday.

An Associated Press photographer in a plane over the Browns' property Thursday morning was told to leave the airspace. On the ground, state police set up a checkpoint at Stage Road and Route 12a and would not let reporters pass.

The Browns insist federal income tax laws are invalid and have holed up in their hilltop home on 110 acres. The home has a watchtower, concrete walls and the ability to run on wind and solar power and Ed Brown said earlier he had stockpiled food and supplies.

The Browns were convicted in January of scheming to hide $1.9 million of income between 1996 and 2003. They also were convicted of using $215,890 in postal money orders to pay for their residence and for Elaine Brown's dental office. The money orders were broken into increments just below the tax-reporting threshold.

U.S. District Judge Steven McAuliffe sentenced them each to 5¼ years in prison. They skipped the April sentencing hearings, and Ed Brown has said he and his wife will refuse to surrender to authorities.

The couple has described the court as a "fiction" unworthy of their attention and returned government mail unopened. The judge who sentenced them in absentia sent their notice of appeal to the federal appellate court in Boston.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Ed and Elaine Brown takedown?

Post by The Observer »

Susan Williams, who lives a mile or so away from the Browns on Center of Town Road, said she saw police officers, SWAT team members, a fire truck, ambulance, helicopter and at least one armored vehicle assembled in a field across from her driveway.
Any bets that the next TP that comments on this situation will be screaming about the mysterious UN Black Helicopters and the NWO?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

All sarcasm aside, I hope the arrest of the Browns, if this is what is occurring, results in no casualties.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The Observer wrote:All sarcasm aside, I hope the arrest of the Browns, if this is what is occurring, results in no casualties.
on either side or collateral
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Agreed.

I've been listening to the audio blogs on the website, and the phone's been disconnected [it appears].
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Nikki wrote:
The Observer wrote:All sarcasm aside, I hope the arrest of the Browns, if this is what is occurring, results in no casualties.
on either side or collateral
Yes, but the fact that SWAT, and medical personal were also called in indicates that the marshals realized that they had no realistic chance of taking the Browns in peacefully and without resistance. At this point my hope is that Ed's cowardice is greater than his strutting and posturing and he gives up.

Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

This may not be Ed's arrest, after all. This was the day they were seizing the Lebanon property (the dental clinic) and the show of force was to prevent Ed from acting on the seizure.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

It's about damn time.

The DOJ visited my article about the Browns on Last Free Voice yesterday, and of course that article said they were getting preferential treatment. Weird coincidence, but I'm sure it was just a coincidence since I've been running my mouth about it here for months.

I just hope no one - including Ed and Elaine, but especially law enforcement and innocent bystanders - are injured in any way.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Officials: No Raid Planned On Tax Evaders, Supporter Detained
Couple Holed Up In House After Tax-Evasion Convictions

POSTED: 11:37 am EDT June 7, 2007
UPDATED: 1:45 pm EDT June 7, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

PLAINFIELD, N.H. -- Federal authorities indicated Thursday they were not raiding the Plainfield property of tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown.

The U.S. Marshal's Service said a supporter of the fugitives was detained near the Browns' home this morning and that they served a federal warrant to seize Elaine Brown's dental office in Lebanon.

U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier said that the supporter came across federal agents near the end of the lengthy driveway that leads to the Brown's home.

"He discovered we were there, and we needed to take action to detain him," Monier said

Monier said his office will continue to communicate with the Browns to try to convince them to surrender peacefully. The Browns have said they will not surrender.

Monier also said that as part of the investigation of the Browns, they encountered a Brown supporter near the property Thursday morning and detained him. Monier has said anyone aiding the Browns is subject to arrest.

Neighbors reported heavily armed police and at least one armored vehicle headed toward the Brown property this morning.

In a blog interview, Ed Brown said he also has gotten calls about the police activity, and that he heard low-flying aircraft during the night. Brown also said a friend who took their dog out for a walk this morning did not return, though the dog did.

The Browns have been sentenced to five and a half years in prison for tax evasion. They skipped their sentencing hearings.
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

Any bets that the next TP that comments on this situation will be screaming about the mysterious UN Black Helicopters and the NWO?
The accepted, appropriately-sensitive term is "rotary-winged aircraft of color."
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Dang. The level of panic online over the non-raid is incredible. Alex Jones is spouting lies galore on his radio show such as the house being on fire.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

According to the Ed and Elaine blog, "Reno" was the supporter captured while walking the dog. Here's his myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/defiantforyou

This may sound cold (and maybe it is), but I'm mostly glad they didn't have to shoot the poor dog in order to capture Reno.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Reno wasn't the follower who was apprehended walking the dog. It was someone else, some plumber guy.

Elaine is on the radio show live right now. She's using a reporter's cell phone (the press are there.)

http://www.republicbroadcasting.org/ind ... listenlive
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

I can't connect to the RBN site ..... can anybody tell me what they're saying?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

ElfNinosMom wrote:I can't connect to the RBN site ..... can anybody tell me what they're saying?
Lots of professional psyops analysis...

Snicker.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Oh dear, now they're worried that a secret camera has been placed on the Browns' dog.

Poor dog.
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Somebody get a knife.. .
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

A camera on the dog? Wow, they must be dropping acid. :lol:
gezco

Post by gezco »

This article, http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 1/70607033, says they seized Elaine’s dental office. I guess the $1,000,000 challenge is off now.