Ed and Elaine Brown takedown?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

ASITStands wrote: Several days ago, I heard someone offer a ham radio, and my first thought was whether Ed or anyone at the house were amateur radio operators. You cannot operate a ham station without licensing.

Of course, to those who flaunt the law,
That's
flout the law. The only thing they're flaunting is their total break with reality.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:That's right, flout like a butterfly and sting like a bee!
Flaunt like a butterfly and flout like a bee.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Oops! Looked it up, and you're correct.

Should have been flout the law.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Imalawman wrote:Exactly, there are only two possibilities in regard to him being subjected to sniper fire that missed him: 1. the snipers intended to miss or 2. they didn't fire at him and he's lying.

If a sniper gets two shots off you're going down with a hole where your eye used to be. Kickback, care to elaborate?
You missed option three: Someone took a bet to randomly throw snappers at the first person coming down the driveway - and he's too stupid to tell the difference between the puny sound of a snapper hitting the pavement from a bullet whizzing by his ear.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
gezco

Post by gezco »

webhick wrote:Did anyone else find it funny that with 110-acres, Ed has to have his dog taken off his property to "do his business"? His neighbors must love him. :roll:
Yea, that was great. 110 acres and you got to use the neighbor's land. Now, Danny Riley, the dog walker, thinks he is risking his life by speaking the truth. Give me a break.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Feds say there's no raid on Plainfield tax evaders

Updated report By PHILIP ELLIOTT Associated Press Writer June 8, 2007

PLAINFIELD, N.H. (AP) — The phones were back on Friday at the home of convicted tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown, a day after heavily armed police surrounded it, cut off phone and Internet service and seized commercial property the couple owned in a neighboring town.

Federal authorities said they were only conducting surveillance and guarding the Plainfield property to protect against violence while they seized Elaine Brown's dental practice in Lebanon to help satisfy a federal court judgment.

"We had no intention of assaulting the house," U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier said Friday.

But Ed Brown said Friday he believes the marshals planned to raid the home as well, before they were discovered by one of the couple's supporters.

"He's lying through his teeth about several things," Brown said. "Did I think the raid was imminent? Yeah. I was notified that they were on their way."

The Browns claim the federal income tax is not legitimate and have drawn support from so-called "patriot" and militia groups. Ed Brown declined to say whether more supporters had arrived at the couple's home Friday.

"I am a United States Constitution Ranger for real. I have more law enforcement authority and lawful jurisdiction than any of these law enforcement agencies do. Hello. We are officers of honor. ... We protect your rights, your guarantees of life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness," he said. "They're conducting sedition and treason."

In a video clip posted on a Web site supporting the Browns' cause Thursday night, a man identifying himself as Danny Riley, of Albany, N.Y., said he spotted a man in camouflage in the woods near the end of the long driveway while walking the Browns' dog Thursday morning.

"I yelled to him, 'What are you doing, turkey hunting?'" he said. "All of a sudden a guy stood right up in front of me with a full camouflage suit on and yelled, 'Freeze!' At that point I turned around and ran for my life."

Riley, who said he was yelling that he was unarmed, claimed he heard two shots whiz past him as he ran, then more men in camouflage popped up out of the woods on either side of him and told him to freeze. He stopped, and they shocked him and handcuffed him, he said.

They first asked him to try and negotiate the Browns' surrender, then strip-searched and questioned him for hours at a police station in Lebanon, he said. They asked about the Browns' compound, the number of people there and the weapons in the house, he said.

They asked him to return to the Browns' house and tell them only two men had arrested him _ but when he got there, the Browns and their supporters already knew what had really happened, he said. While he was driving home, Riley said he picked up a message on his cell phone from another Brown supporter who said he was arrested when he left the compound to buy groceries.

Monier said the marshals had not arrested anyone else. He said a man walking a dog had been detained, but declined to identify him because he was not arrested. Asked whether shots had been fired, he said no deadly force was used.

"No lethal force was ever employed yesterday _ none," he said Friday morning.

The Browns were convicted in January of scheming to avoid federal income taxes by hiding $1.9 million of income between 1996 and 2003. They also were convicted of using $215,890 in postal money orders to pay for their home and the dental office. The money orders were bought in amounts just below the tax-reporting threshold.

They stopped attending their trial part way through. In April, a federal judge sentenced them to begin serving more than five years in prison immediately. They did not attend their sentencing hearing; an appeal they filed earlier has been forwarded to the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston.

Monier said the show of force Thursday was because Ed Brown has threatened violence against anyone trying to seize his property.

The home has a watchtower, concrete walls and the ability to run on wind and solar power. Ed Brown, who has at least one gun, has said he has stockpiled food and supplies.

Monier said U.S. marshals have negotiated daily with the Browns since January and will continue doing so in hopes of persuading them to surrender peacefully.

Monier said officials cut the phone to prevent supporters from flocking to the Browns. The couple has developed an online following of fellow anti-tax activists, Ron Paul supporters and others who believe in a federal government conspiracy to deprive Americans of their liberties.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Browns: Dog walker saved lives
Supporter claims marshals chased him

By Margot Sanger-Katz
Monitor staff

June 09. 2007 9:01AM

A day after federal and state officers swarmed near the hilltop home of tax protesters Ed and Elaine Brown, the couple thanked a supporter from upstate New York, Danny Riley, for saving their lives.

Riley, who posted a video account of his experience on the internet, said he was walking the Browns' dog early Thursday when he discovered a large group of U.S marshals hiding in the woods near the Brown's Plainfield house. The marshals, he said, shot at him and shocked him with a Taser. If not for that encounter, Ed Brown said yesterday, he and his wife might be dead.

"If it wasn't for Danny Riley taking that walk yesterday morning with the dog the way he did," Brown said yesterday on his daily radio show, Ed Brown Under Siege. "The fact that he did probably saved our lives."

A law enforcement source confirmed yesterday that Riley was the man marshals detained Thursday after encountering him with a dog near the Brown property.

U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier said that the officers were near the fortified concrete home Thursday to watch the Browns and their supporters while marshals and IRS agents acted on a warrant to seize a commercial property owned by the couple in West Lebanon. He said his officers had never intended to arrest the Browns but wanted to monitor them in case they retaliated in response to the seizure.

On Thursday, Monier described how officers performing surveillance near the Brown home encountered a supporter leaving the property. Marshals detained and questioned the man, but they released him without charges on Thursday afternoon.

Riley's internet video has fueled speculation on various pro-Brown websites and radio shows that marshals had intended to arrest or kill the Browns on Thursday, and were stopped only when Riley accidentally blew their cover.

"Astounding testimony from Danny Riley, the man who was arrested by U.S. Marshals after walking Ed Brown's dog near his property yesterday morning, proves that Thursday's events in Plainfield New Hampshire represent a planned siege that was only aborted after Riley's disappearance gave the Browns early warning that militarized police and SWAT teams were descending on their home," says an article on prisonplanet.com.

Ed Brown told his radio audience that the marshals' actions suggested that they intended to kill him and his wife.

"If they were willing to shoot an unarmed guest of ours," Brown said, "then their intention was to come down and kill us."

Though there had been calls Thursday for supporters to visit the Brown property, Brown said yesterday that he would prefer supporters stay put. He did request the hand delivery of a high powered ham radio and a "third-generation, good" thermal imaging scope for a rife.

"They're very expensive, but so what guys," he said. "We're going to give our lives to you if we have to."

In the video, Riley, shirtless and sitting in front of a bulletin board, gives a detailed description of his experience. After walking down the Browns' long, wooded driveway, he came face to face with a man in camouflage. When Riley asked the man if he was a turkey hunter, he initially got no reaction.

"Then all of the sudden, the guy stood right up in front of me," Riley said. "And with a full camouflage suit on and yelled, 'Freeze.' At that point I turned around and ran, ran for my life."

On the video, Riley describes hearing bullets whiz by him as he yelled to the marshals that he was unarmed. Brown said on the radio yesterday that he also heard gunfire Thursday morning from his house. But Monier said that marshals never shot at the dog walker.

"Absolutely no lethal force was ever employed towards him or against him," Monier said.

Once he started running, Riley said that several more marshals emerged from both sides of the Brown driveway. Realizing he was surrounded, he held his hands out in attempt to surrender.

Riley said, and the law enforcement source confirmed, that marshals shocked him with a Taser before handcuffing him and placing him in a vehicle. Riley said that marshals, whose badges identified them as "special operations unit," asked him about who was at the house, what weapons were there and whether the Browns had a bomb.

Then, Riley said, marshals were uncertain of how to use him. Initially, they asked him to help ask the Browns to surrender and drove him past armored vehicles, a helicopter and an ambulance. But the marshals decided against the strategy, he said, and took Riley to the Lebanon police station instead, where they questioned him for several more hours.

In the afternoon, Riley was released about a mile from the house, he said, and instructed to tell the Browns that he was arrested by two officers involved with the seizure. He said marshals threatened him with prison time if he assisted the Browns again or told his story to journalists.

He told the two-officer story to the Browns, he said, but the couple already knew about his run-in with the marshals because of phone calls from neighbors and information from reporters.

"They pretty much already knew the deal," Riley said on the video.

Riley said that after he returned to New York, he discovered a message on his cell phone from another Brown supporter who said he'd been arrested.

Monier said yesterday that his office had not detained or arrested anyone but the dog walker.

Ed and Elaine Brown were both convicted of multiple federal felonies in January. The jury found that the Browns had evaded taxes on $1.9 million in income from Elaine Brown's dental practice and that the couple had broken large financial transactions into small increments to avoid federal reporting rules. The couple maintain that there are no laws that require them to pay federal income taxes and that the court that convicted them was a "fiction."

Midway through their trial, Ed Brown retreated to the couple's home, where they have long stockpiled food and can operate without municipal power or water. A few weeks after their conviction, Elaine Brown, who had been free on restrictive bail conditions, joined her husband.

Since then, they have remained at home, entertaining a rotating cast of supporters and making repeated statements that any attempt to arrest them will end violently. In April, each was sentenced to more than five years in prison.

Monier, charged with arresting the couple on bench warrants, has taken a low-key approach to their capture. Though he acknowledged Thursday that he has sent officers to quietly check in on the couple, he has not established a visible presence near the house and has limited his communications to phone calls urging the Browns to surrender. He has said often that he does not plan to raid the Browns' home.

Thursday's actions, if not an arrest attempt, marked a change in style. Armored vehicles, SWAT teams and helicopters were sent to Plainfield, and dozens of state troopers blocked roads near the home. Monier said it was important to seize the West Lebanon building this week because of ongoing concerns about its security.

Phone and internet service at the Brown house, which had been disconnected by marshals on Thursday, were working again for much of yesterday, allowing the Browns to appear on a number of radio talk shows and post updates to their MySpace website.By 3 p.m., however, phone service was again cut off. On a website frequented by supporters, a poster said that the personal cell phone of Cirino Gonzales, a man who is living with the Browns, had also been disabled.

------ End of article

By MARGOT SANGER-KATZ
webhick

Post by webhick »

gezco wrote:Now, Danny Riley, the dog walker, thinks he is risking his life by speaking the truth. Give me a break.
This afternoon, I stamped approval on an order to put that missing piece of frontal lobe back in his head. We thought he wouldn't need it...boy were we wrong. My mantle is going to looks so bare without it. It was really cute with the bunny ears and the half-cocked smile.

So, he's not going to be eliminated. We don't operate on people we're going to kill. Well, there was that one time. But I swear, no one could have predicted that implanting a goldfish into an intern's bellybutton would make him watch the new "Battlestar Gallactica" like an obsessed fanboy. It was a mercy killing, really.
webhick

Post by webhick »

"I am a United States Constitution Ranger for real. I have more law enforcement authority and lawful jurisdiction than any of these law enforcement agencies do. Hello. We are officers of honor. ... We protect your rights, your guarantees of life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness," he said. "They're conducting sedition and treason."
We have a guarantee of property? No shit?! I want your house, Ed. You're a REAL Constitution Ranger, it's your duty. Hello. I have a guarantee to property and it didn't specify which property so I'm choosing yours. Just show me the law that says I can't have it. You can't, because you say that the law doesn't exist!

I'll meet you Tuesday at the end of your driveway. Bring the deed and come unarmed. Don't mind the armed Marshals surrounding the property. Those are really water pistols. We're gonna have a huge water fight on the road outside your property and then we're gonna have a huge barbecue in your neighbor's backyard. But you're not invited to either because you make your dog go poo on other people's property. You're an inconsiderate bastard, Ed and we don't want you bringing us down.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

webhick wrote:
gezco wrote:Now, Danny Riley, the dog walker, thinks he is risking his life by speaking the truth. Give me a break.
This afternoon, I stamped approval on an order to put that missing piece of frontal lobe back in his head.
KEYBOARD WARNINGS NEEDED!!! PLEASE!!!
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick

Post by webhick »

LPC wrote:
webhick wrote:
This afternoon, I stamped approval on an order to put that missing piece of frontal lobe back in his head.
KEYBOARD WARNINGS NEEDED!!! PLEASE!!!
The mere appearance of my name is warning enough :)
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

webhick wrote:
LPC wrote:KEYBOARD WARNINGS NEEDED!!! PLEASE!!!
The mere appearance of my name is warning enough :)
Good point.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
John J. Bulten

Re: careerstopper

Post by John J. Bulten »

David Merrill wrote:I have a feeling your sarcasm will fly real well with the Browns as well as the Feds John J-----. So when you go through the trouble to form a string of nonsense to put anybody down John, just remember it was David Merrill who came back with additional useful information.
David, I can totally understand your sharing Jonathan Swift's feelings when his own Key was publicized. Please rest assured that I have only published the interpretations necessary to protect your cover and to achieve my own ends in New Hampshire. I entirely understand your need (now or in the future) to take pretended offense and to characterize these important data as "sarcasm" and "nonsense" so as to distance yourself from the fallout when this Key is widely understood. Nostradamus always had his back well-covered too.

I will most certainly remember your useful provision of the additional information, and I want to thank you for it as always. Looking forward to that Nazarene Gospel.

Your servant,
James Stuart
David Merrill

Re: careerstopper

Post by David Merrill »

John J. Bulten wrote:
David Merrill wrote:I have a feeling your sarcasm will fly real well with the Browns as well as the Feds John J-----. So when you go through the trouble to form a string of nonsense to put anybody down John, just remember it was David Merrill who came back with additional useful information.
David, I can totally understand your sharing Jonathan Swift's feelings when his own Key was publicized. Please rest assured that I have only published the interpretations necessary to protect your cover and to achieve my own ends in New Hampshire. I entirely understand your need (now or in the future) to take pretended offense and to characterize these important data as "sarcasm" and "nonsense" so as to distance yourself from the fallout when this Key is widely understood. Nostradamus always had his back well-covered too.

I will most certainly remember your useful provision of the additional information, and I want to thank you for it as always. Looking forward to that Nazarene Gospel.

Your servant,
James Stuart
You are welcome.

This reminds me when developing the template for the current Libel of Review I was working with a Jewish fellow, now in Israel, to redeem his house from Chase Manhattan. This fellow was consulting heavily with the predecessor authors of the same title - Cracking the Code; not Pete Hendrickson.

I had copied this and recall handing him the original, jokingly saying, "Here. See what they (the earlier CtC authors) think of this Code Key!"

http://www.ecclesia.org/forum/images/suitors/key.jpg

Then there was a commentary from Dr. James Gates that may be a little difficult to find on my disk. I recall our discussion arose from a graduate student of his at the university there in Maryland who saw into the simple treatment of the Fine Structure Constant and quickly went through nearly a year of heavy psychotropic pharmaceuticals in a Bethesda mental hospital, only to return finally to Gate's Superstring mentoring.

So there is no intentional cover to blow. I am just me and find things interesting enough around here. Even Joey's little tiff of shutting down my thread before I can pull definitions for the umteenth time.

viewtopic.php?t=789&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S.

http://uscode.house.gov/uscode-cgi/fast ... 0%20%20%20
http://www.investorwords.com/2733/lawful_money.html

lawful money
Definition

Any money (coin or paper) that is issued directly by the United States Treasury and not the Federal Reserve System - this includes gold and silver coin, Notes, Bonds, etc.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Even Joey's little tiff of shutting down my thread before I can pull definitions for the umteenth time.
Nobody is stopping you from starting a new thread, and that one had degenerated into the same meaningless babble that all threads in which you participate do.

This thread is also too long so I'm locking it. Feel free to start a new one.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -