Schiff update from Angela Stark

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Schiff update from Angela Stark

Post by Demosthenes »

I heard from Irwin today. He's fine but a little depressed. He can't stand thinking he is going to spend the next 10 years of his life in prison. He said the government's response to Michael Nash's appeal wasn't good. He said the government shot down Nash's argument that there should have been a competency hearing. I don't know what else there is to say at this point. As soon as I get a copy of it, I'll send it on to you.

Shouldn't we be doing this for Irwin, Cindy and Larry, too? See below.
http://www.paynoincometax.com

Angela
Nikki

Re: Schiff update from Angela Stark

Post by Nikki »

I heard from Irwin today. He's fine but a little depressed. He can't stand thinking he is going to spend the next 10 years of his life in prison. He said the government's response to Michael Nash's appeal wasn't good. He said the government shot down Nash's argument that there should have been a competency hearing. I don't know what else there is to say at this point. As soon as I get a copy of it, I'll send it on to you.
DUH :!: Why didn't he think about that possibility years ago?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

CaptainKickback wrote:Either Schiff or his counsel are idiots. Shouldn't they have asked for the competency hearing PRIOR to the trial?

Once that horse has left the barn, it can never go back into the barn. Too bad. So Sad. Screw Schiff.
Schiff's current counsel isn't an idiot at all.

Schiff was pro se for the duration of the criminal trial and only hired a lawyer for the appeal.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Demosthenes wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:Either Schiff or his counsel are idiots. Shouldn't they have asked for the competency hearing PRIOR to the trial?

Once that horse has left the barn, it can never go back into the barn. Too bad. So Sad. Screw Schiff.
Schiff's current counsel isn't an idiot at all.

Schiff was pro se for the duration of the criminal trial and only hired a lawyer for the appeal.
For those who were not around to follow the trial, Shiff's lawyers dealt with this issue at trial -- standby counsel? -- and had information that Schiff was of such a state of mind that he was literally, in a psychiatric sense, unable to admit he was wrong about the tax laws. Schiff and his supporters suggested that this was not true -- but only a "mistake" or a misunderstanding or even an act Schiff had tried out on the road somewhere. For more info, I am sure Demo can elaborate or direct those interested to the pleadings/discussions.

Wasn't there an examination to determine whether he was competent to assist in his own defense?
"My Health is Better in November."
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The "I'm insane" pleading and arguments were made in Schiff's civil case. It was his argument that his craziness would negate the fraud penalties on his past due taxes.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Demosthenes wrote:The "I'm insane" pleading and arguments were made in Schiff's civil case. It was his argument that his craziness would negate the fraud penalties on his past due taxes.
And you would have to be crazy to believe that.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The postal monopoly brought a packet yesterday from Cindy, and she asked me to tell you to publish her newsletter
in whatever way you see fit and feel comfortable.

That is best done by naming its URL. She has sent me one copy
and I scanned it and put it on the Web. The plan is to do so on a regular basis; http://www.takelifeback.com/ssc/cindylets/053107/
shows the first.

If you prefer, feel free to download those pages and place them
on your own site.

Jim Davies
http://www.TakeLifeBack.com

GOVERNMENT IS A DISEASE masquerading as its own cure
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

her newsletter
There seems to be an unending supply of koolaide in prison.

She is not only convinced that she was right (and unjustly convicted) in the first place, but she's found more laws, cases, and regulations that prove she was right.

And she still worships Irwin. :roll:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

She's right, and everyone else is wrong, and it is all a big plot to subvert the righteous. Nothing like finding like minded individuals to reinforce your delusions.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

notorial dissent wrote:She's right, and everyone else is wrong, and it is all a big plot to subvert the righteous.
Yeah, but she sure can draw! :D
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

New update from Angela:
Update on Irwin.

Irwin called tonight and he sounded good. He said he was on his way to the law library, but wanted to let me know that he had fired his lawyer Michael Nash and has hired Shelly Waxman to take over his appeal. He said to check his web site http://www.paynoincometax.com for updates and to read the motions he is working on.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

SHELLY WAXMAN AND ASSOCIATES
(comprised of a NATIONAL NETWORK of lawyers who favor FREEDOM over government control)

We are FREEDOM fighters and highly experienced Trial Lawyers. We have fought the FBI, the IRS, various State Attorneys General and City and County Hall and have consistently won.

Available for email consultations @$50.00 per statement of facts and question. Telephone consultations: @$75 per half hour. Representation by agreement.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Demosthenes wrote:
SHELLY WAXMAN AND ASSOCIATES
(comprised of a NATIONAL NETWORK of lawyers who favor FREEDOM over government control)

We are FREEDOM fighters and highly experienced Trial Lawyers. We have fought the FBI, the IRS, various State Attorneys General and City and County Hall and have consistently won.

Available for email consultations @$50.00 per statement of facts and question. Telephone consultations: @$75 per half hour. Representation by agreement.
I'm guessing he wants to be paid in frns.

I wonder how many times Irwin is willing to pay 5$0 to get the same answers he's been carefully avoiding when given for free.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

What are these so-called 'wins?'
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

ASITStands wrote:
What are these so-called 'wins?'
You know how soda companies will have little contests where you look under the cap and like two-thirds of the time you win a free soda? Yep. Counts as a "win".
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie