How long will Randy Weaver last at Club Brown?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Heheh, I was just reading Plainfield's fact sheet up at the State of NH, and listed under the Village/Place Names section is "Hell Hollow"
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

ElfNinosMom wrote:If Monier won't stop this, as seems to be the case, bring in someone who will.
Who?

You're assuming the order not to move in is being made at the local Marshal level (Monier) but I doubt that's true.

The US Marshals Service is an agency within the DOJ, and the DOJ is in the middle of a huge political drama, both at the local levels (the AUSA pseudo-scandal) all the way up to Gonzalez (a number of lawmakers are calling for him to resign right now.)

This political nastiness means that any potential press disasters(a situation with big balls of flame and lots of people with bullets in them certainly qualifies) are to be avoided at all costs.

It's my guess that Monier and gang have been given explicit instructions by both the AUSA for the NH Hampshire District all the way up to the Attorney General's office to stand down and not make noise that will further upset the political picture.

I'm not saying that decision to leave Ed alone is right or smart (I think it's frickin' retarded), but it is nonetheless a political reality.
Last edited by Demosthenes on Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Imalawman wrote:I wonder with all this traffic and all how Moaner will be able to assure us taxpayers that convicts Mr. and Mrs. Brown won't stowaway in someone's car and just go live in Montana for a while. It seems like they should at least be monitoring they're whereabouts. (of course why should Browns leave, its not like they have anything to fear at their house)
The Browns have already said they would go south if they left.

Of course, the situation you've described would be the Marshal's wetdream. Thanks to modern technology, tracking and catching a fugitive on the run is far easier that arresting a man with an unknown number of armed supporters who is sitting on top of an unknown quantity of pesticide (he continued buying long after he retired) and other interesting chemicals...
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Perhaps the concert will be another Woodstock -- thousands of people converging on the estate for a day of sex, drugs, and rock and roll.

Among the thousands, dozens of law enforcement types ready to slap cuffs on Ed & Co while they are weake from overdosing on shredded pork sandwiches.
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Post by AFTP »

I don't think a lot of people will show up for "Wackstock".
(Sorry Woodstock :wink: )

I say less than 35.
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

AFTP wrote:I don't think a lot of people will show up for "Wackstock".

I say less than 35.
This weekend is the PorcFest, a somewhat large (several hundred) gathering of free state project types in New Hampshire. This could mean that Ed gets nobody to show up (because they're all at PorcFest) or a whole lot of people will carpool over to his house. It's 74 miles from the festival to Ed's.

Here's the Schedule for Saturday afternoon at the Porcupine Festival:
12pm Lunch
1pm NH Info/Jobs Meetings
1:30pm First 1000 and other group photos
2pm Fundraising Workshop
2pm IT, Websites, and Communication Workshop
2pm NH Political Orgs, Activism and Victories
3pm "Inside the System" Political Activism Workshop
3pm Recruitment Workshop
4pm Media & Public Relations Workshop
4:30pm "Outside the System" Political Activism Workshop
5pm What you can do outside NH
6pm Cookoff
6pm Gunstock Pub Open
7pm Mensa Mini-Temperance League
7:30pm Doers Meeting
8:30pm FSP Town Hall Meeting
10pm Partying, Movies, and Circle of Liberty Bonfire
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

webhick wrote:At this point, should we start a poll as to when the people of Plainsfield decide to take matters into their own hands?
You mean the whole cloudy night with distant lightening, torchlight procession, angry villagers with pitchforks storming the castle thing?

That would be cool.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

How about "Loonstock", since the loon is something of a New Hampshire symbol?
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Demosthenes wrote:
ElfNinosMom wrote:If Monier won't stop this, as seems to be the case, bring in someone who will.
Who?

You're assuming the order not to move in is being made at the local Marshal level (Monier) but I doubt that's true.

The US Marshals Service is an agency within the DOJ, and the DOJ is in the middle of a huge political drama, both at the local levels (the AUSA pseudo-scandal) all the way up to Gonzalez (a number of lawmakers are calling for him to resign right now.)

This political nastiness means that any potential press disasters(a situation with big balls of flame and lots of people with bullets in them certainly qualifies) are to be avoided at all costs.

It's my guess that Monier and gang have been given explicit instructions by both the AUSA for the NH Hampshire District all the way up to the Attorney General's office to stand down and not make noise that will further upset the political picture.

I'm not saying that decision to leave Ed alone is right or smart (I think it's frickin' retarded), but it is nonetheless a political reality.
Turn it over to the FBI, maybe? :idea:

I believe it is indeed Monier's decision to handle it this way, and the USAO and AG went along with his experiment only to discover that it was a very bad idea. Now, they have a huge mess on their hands, and there's no way to resolve it peacefully.

Which should the feds be more worried about, insofar as public perception: taking two fugitives, who have been making constant videotaped threats, into custody and criminally charging accomplices? Or doing nothing and taking the chance that an innocent person is killed by one of the many known wackjobs that they are freely allowing to enter that property?

This cannot really be compared to Waco, or Ruby Ridge. Ed and Elaine are convicted felons, and are supposed to be in prison right now. In Waco and Ruby Ridge, no one had been convicted of anything. The public outcy will not be nearly as loud, as long as the feds don't get stupid again and either shoot a woman holding a baby, or burn everybody to death. In fact, I think the average person would be far more outraged about the present situation, than they would be if the government went in and stopped it.

Of course, if Monier had just done his job and arrested Ed back when the judge issued a warrant, none of this would have happened.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

ElfNinosMom wrote:Turn it over to the FBI, maybe? :idea:
The FBI, like the US Marshals Service, is an agency within the DOJ. So is the Bureau of Prisons who also has an interest in taking custody of convicted felons.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your post in its entirety.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Well, I came upon a child of God
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, Tell where are you going?
This he told me

Said, I'm going down to Ed Brown's Place,
Gonna join in his righteous cause.
Got to get back all my rights and set my land free.

We are sovereigns, we're an army,
We are here to stand against tyranny,
And we got to get on back to the Lord's Body.

Well, then can I go there with you?
I have come to expose the truth,
And I've got undeniable proof
That the feds are all commies

And maybe it's the time of sheep,
Yes but maybe it's the time to fight.
And I'll stand with Ed day and night
If it's ok with Mommy.

By the time we got to Plainsfield,
We were nearly twenty strong
And everywhere was a song
And a lot of drinking.
And I dreamed I saw the founding fathers
Playing hopscotch on the lawn,
They had gone away by dawn
But the U Tube was linking.

Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick

Post by webhick »

TheSaint wrote:
Let's not. I've always loved loon calls. No picking on the loons.

How about Psychostock?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

webhick wrote:
TheSaint wrote:

How about Psychostock?
Since the pyscho is something of a New Hampshire symbol?
webhick

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:
webhick wrote:
TheSaint wrote: How about "Loonstock", since the loon is something of a New Hampshire symbol?

How about Psychostock?
Since the pyscho is something of a New Hampshire symbol?
Absolutely! Didn't you hear? 204 have already moved in! :)
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Weirdstock
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick

Post by webhick »

LPC wrote:
webhick wrote:At this point, should we start a poll as to when the people of Plainsfield decide to take matters into their own hands?
You mean the whole cloudy night with distant lightening, torchlight procession, angry villagers with pitchforks storming the castle thing?

That would be cool.
That's just about what I was thinking. They've already had enough of this fiasco. They just want their quaint little town back. This concert may be last straw. Or damned close to it.

If you think of it, no matter the outcome of such an event, future TPs might think twice before pulling this shit in a small town again.

I know... "TP" and "think" in the same sentence could very well form a paradox that tears the universe in two.
Florida

Post by Florida »

Someone better tell Ed they don't have the Cartoon Network in prison ASAP pronto.

Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Well, Saturday evening has come and gone. Randy is still there.

Looks like I lose this pool.

:(
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

It would appear that Randy Weaver is back in Arkansas as of this morning. I'm trying to find out when he left NH...
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

And the winner is (Drumroll.........)
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown