Another CtC Success!

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Another CtC Success!

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Another Victim of Pete H wrote:we read the book. we were amazed. we sent a declaration with a 1040 indicating the meager amount that they withheld from us. we just received a threatening letter indicating that our return was frivolous and we must send them an "appropriate" return within 30 days or we will incure penalties of up to $1000. What do we do now?? I guess that I'm getting a weak stomach about all of this. we are so broke as it stands we can hardly pay our rent. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steph C.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Don't worry: Pete's probably already added their number to his "Amount Saved" figure, fraudulently exaggerated as we all know it to be.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
TheSaint

Re: Another CtC Success!

Post by TheSaint »

Another Victim of Pete H wrote:we just received a threatening letter indicating that we must send them an "appropriate" return within 30 days or we will incure penalties of up to $1000. What do we do now??
Well, you could always send them an appropriate return within 30 days.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Wanta bet they won't?
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

we will incure [sic] penalties of up to $1000
What will this functionally illiterate fool post when he finds out that it's $5K per frivolity?

When you can't pay your rent, there's just nothing like paying $5K to "argue" about some de minimus amount of withholding/tax due.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.