Prisonplanet story on Ed Brown (Keyboard alert)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Prisonplanet story on Ed Brown (Keyboard alert)

Post by Demosthenes »

AP Smears and Sneers at Browns Yet Again
Claims family engaged in "elaborate scheme" to hide tax when all they asked for was the law

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The AP has yet again smeared and sneered at the Brown family by claiming they engaged in an elaborate scheme to hide tax, while also attacking Ron Paul for "praising convicted tax evaders."

Last week, the Associated Press salaciously lied when they reported that the Browns routinely taunt police and SWAT teams from their hilltop compound, making it appear as if Ed and Elaine Brown were deranged lunatics itching for a war, when in actual fact they have said all along that they simply want to be left alone but will defend themselves if fired upon.

If anyone is engaging in provocative tactics then it is the authorities themselves, who continue to lie in wait three weeks after they aborted a planned violent siege on the Brown's property and attempted to intimidate witnesses into validating their false cover story.

In the latest smear, the AP attempt to portray the Browns as dangerous criminals and note that Ron Paul has praised them, a sly broadside at the popular presidential candidate.

"The Browns are holed up in their Plainfield, N.H., home and have threatened violence against federal officials if marshals come to arrest them," reports the AP. "They were convicted of an elaborate scheme to hide millions of dollars in income. Their protest has become a rallying cry for anti-tax activists and militia members."

An elaborate scheme? The only "scheme" the Browns engaged in was to ask the authorities to provide them with the law that requires Americans to pay mandatory income tax, a law which they have never received.

An "elaborate scheme to hide millions of dollars in income" again implies that the Browns are criminal outlaws who are bucking the system while the average American pays their fair share, when in fact, as Ronald Reagan said, "not one red cent" goes to run the government, it all goes to pay off the nation's spiraling debt to the private Federal Reserve Bank.

The AP's unabated drive to demonize and smear the Browns knows no bounds, and again underscores the fact that the establishment media is complicit in the propaganda war against the Browns, who the elite dread will provide an example for millions of other Americans to throw out the illegal income tax system.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From the story above:
The AP's unabated drive to demonize and smear the Browns knows no bounds, and again underscores the fact that the establishment media is complicit in the propaganda war against the Browns
Yes, and furthermore the IRS and the DOJ planted trained their spies as journalists and planted those spies the Associated Press in anticipation of being able to demonize Ed Brown --- ohhhhhh, the humanity! That terrible, horrible, evil gov'mn't! It's a giant CON-SPIR-uh-SEE, aaaahhhggg
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Re: Prisonplanet story on Ed Brown (Keyboard alert)

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Last week, the Associated Press salaciously lied...
Was the AP reporter wearing an outfit from Victoria's Secret???
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The only "scheme" the Browns engaged in was to ask the authorities to provide them with the law that requires Americans to pay mandatory income tax, a law which they have never received.
I think that became their scheme only *after* they were indicted.

*Before* they were indicted, they had a fairly routine tax evasion scheme, hiding their cash flow and using multiple money order to avoid reporting requirements.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LPC wrote:
The only "scheme" the Browns engaged in was to ask the authorities to provide them with the law that requires Americans to pay mandatory income tax, a law which they have never received.
I think that became their scheme only *after* they were indicted.

*Before* they were indicted, they had a fairly routine tax evasion scheme, hiding their cash flow and using multiple money order to avoid reporting requirements.
Don't forget the pure trusts.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Wasn't there testimony from their ex-tax preparer that basically said that Ed & Elaine came to her one day and said they wanted to do some crazy tax scheme - which she advised against and that's where the relationship ended?

Seems to me that they were TPs first and then used the structuring and pure trusts to cover their tracks.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

webhick wrote:Wasn't there testimony from their ex-tax preparer that basically said that Ed & Elaine came to her one day and said they wanted to do some crazy tax scheme - which she advised against and that's where the relationship ended?

Seems to me that they were TPs first and then used the structuring and pure trusts to cover their tracks.
Elaine wanted one of her employees to act as the trustee of the pure trusts so that the dental practice income wouldn't be traceable to her.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

"making it appear as if Ed and Elaine Brown were deranged lunatics itching for a war"

Well, at least that part of the article is factual.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Two supporters bid adieu to the Browns

By Margot Sanger-Katz
Monitor staff

June 27, 2007 8:00AM

Two of Ed and Elaine Brown's more prominent supporters have left the couple this week, but for different reasons.

Randy Weaver, a survivor of the 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff in Idaho who arrived at the Brown's fortified concrete home June 17, has returned to his Arkansas home to care for his pets and attend to his bills, he said yesterday.

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, who compared the couple to Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi in a widely distributed internet video, said on Fox News yesterday that he did not know much about the Browns' case and did not endorse the couple's threats of violence.

The Browns, who were sentenced to more than five years in prison for tax-related crimes, have been holed up in their Plainfield home for five months, warning that any attempt to arrest them will end with Ruby Ridge-like violence. They maintain that there are no laws requiring them to pay taxes.

Weaver said he may return to visit the couple and show his support again later this summer. He said he hopes his presence will help lead to a peaceful resolution, though he is prepared for whatever may come.

"I'm not a fortune-teller, but the Browns have got the federal government on the run, because they are right and the government's wrong," he said.
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Demosthenes wrote:Randy Weaver, a survivor of the 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff in Idaho who arrived at the Brown's fortified concrete home June 17, has returned to his Arkansas home to care for his pets and attend to his bills, he said yesterday.
Now THAT needed a keyboard warning. "I'd love to stay and help you overthrow the fascists, Ed, but I've got to feed my goldfish and pay the cable bill."
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The dog walker made a new interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GwUX4awRAc&
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

When your liberty
Is in jeopardy
Who ya gonna call?
Dog Walker!
When the Men in Black
Are all set to attack
Who ya gonna call?
Dog Walker!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

No_Name1

Post by No_Name1 »

Might I dare a stupid question?

Why has there been a 5 month standoff?

Are the police trying to avoid a mini Waco? are they trying not to inflame anti-government sentiment? How many people are going to actually care if someone wealthy gets taken down for tax evasion?

Give them an ultimatum with 2 or 3 hours to come out peacefully, then CS the place and make them come out. Once they are on the lawn coughing and puking, non lethal em into submission.

Simply make it very clear that they are coming out by the deadline whether they like it or not. It's not like they are holding hostages right?

The amount of money they are surely wasting over 5 months waiting must be ridiculous.

Is this a case of the wealthy getting the kid gloves? Ever seen a drug selling street punk get 5 months of grace?

It's been 5 months, they've had their chance to do the responsible thing, get a lawyer, and give up without violence.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

There are issues regarding the possibility of high explosives planted throughout the house and surrounding area.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Posted earlier.
You're assuming the order not to move in is being made at the local Marshal level (Monier) but I doubt that's true.

The US Marshals Service is an agency within the DOJ, and the DOJ is in the middle of a huge political drama, both at the local levels (the AUSA pseudo-scandal) all the way up to Gonzalez (a number of lawmakers are calling for him to resign right now.)

This political nastiness means that any potential press disasters(a situation with big balls of flame and lots of people with bullets in them certainly qualifies) are to be avoided at all costs.

It's my guess that Monier and gang have been given explicit instructions by both the AUSA for the NH Hampshire District all the way up to the Attorney General's office to stand down and not make noise that will further upset the political picture.

I'm not saying that decision to leave Ed alone is right or smart (I think it's frickin' retarded), but it is nonetheless a political reality.
No_Name1

Post by No_Name1 »

There are issues regarding the possibility of high explosives planted throughout the house and surrounding area.
I hadn't heard that.

At what point do you then call in professional help? (military) Obviously the police force attending can't handle it. When the Oka crisis was going down here in Canada, the military was called in due to reports of the natives having military armaments. I find it incredible that the US govt would allow criminals to call the shots and not be brought to justice. Again, there are no hostages, give them fair warning of lethal consequence and then send in the combat engineers afterwards to deal with the booby traps.

Nonviolently and stupidly protesting something is one thing but effectively holding law enforcement hostage is bad precedent; as it gives others with crazy ideas hope that they can make change through disregard of the law.

This case, in my opinion, is an actual legitimate definition of terrorism.
No_Name1

Post by No_Name1 »

Ah thanks for the explanation Demos, it's all making sense now.

Hooray politics.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

No Name! How the heck you been doing, my old friend? Gosh, it's good to "see" you again. How's the family? :D
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

CaptainKickback wrote:What Ed is overlooking is that even when he drug out of his Fuhrerbunker, he will still have to serve the sentence. His self-imposed exile does not count towards time served.
Oh, I'm so glad to hear that.
CaptainKickback wrote:Also, Ed has really screwed the pooch for any other "TP." Because of his antics, judges could be more prone to setting bail so high, the "TP" remains in custody up to and through the trial, so crap like this does not occur.
Ohe, I'm so glad to hear that.

You've really made my day (or night).
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.