New Revenue Ruling?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

John J. Bulten wrote:3. No, no civil or criminal penalty has ever been sustained for following the law (as explained in CtC) to my knowledge.
So all those people who post on Lost Horizons about being assessed frivolous return penalties are lying?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Demosthenes wrote:
Personally, I think my side of the family is way more cool. I've got Christopher Reeve, Benjamin Spock, and Edward Gorey as distant cousins on the plus side.
Oooh, imagine tps getting the Gorey treatment! I can just see it-- a gaunt eyed figure furtively approaching a ramshackle house. After glancing around to make sure the coast is clear, the figure approaches the front door. A neatly engraved sign says "No Solicitors or Feds". The figure knocks. "What's the password?" demands a voice from inside. "Render unto God the things that are God's. And render unto Caesar nothing!" the figure answers. "Enter, Friend John" comes the respionse.

We then see John's hightop sneakers descending a creaking starway into a dark and cobwebby basement. A bare 40 watt bulb picks out a threadbare Don't Tread on Me flag and a group of seedy looking individuals sitting around a spool table.

They look up expectantly as John enters, but then all glower when they see his hands are empty. Everyone is thirsty, but somehow, it is always someone else's turn to bring the beer.

(I would have included the fantad, but it was out walking the dog.)
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

John J. Bulten wrote:"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
Did he say this before or after Shay's Rebellion?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

grixit wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
Personally, I think my side of the family is way more cool. I've got Christopher Reeve, Benjamin Spock, and Edward Gorey as distant cousins on the plus side.
Oooh, imagine tps getting the Gorey treatment! I can just see it-- a gaunt eyed figure furtively approaching a ramshackle house. After glancing around to make sure the coast is clear, the figure approaches the front door. A neatly engraved sign says "No Solicitors or Feds". The figure knocks. "What's the password?" demands a voice from inside. "Render unto God the things that are God's. And render unto Caesar nothing!" the figure answers. "Enter, Friend John" comes the respionse.

We then see John's hightop sneakers descending a creaking starway into a dark and cobwebby basement. A bare 40 watt bulb picks out a threadbare Don't Tread on Me flag and a group of seedy looking individuals sitting around a spool table.

They look up expectantly as John enters, but then all glower when they see his hands are empty. Everyone is thirsty, but somehow, it is always someone else's turn to bring the beer.

(I would have included the fantad, but it was out walking the dog.)
Gold star for Grixit.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

grixit wrote:Did he say this before or after Shay's Rebellion?
Or, more to the point, the Whiskey Rebellion?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)